Status
Not open for further replies.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sry guys could you help me plz?
I have a o3ds and installed 4.5 cfw pbt + its emunand was formatted by gateway 3.2. I updated my emunand with the RX Tools 2.4. when I try to launch the updated emunand by launching the RX tool, it will freeze. What am I doing wrong?

You need the slotkey in the root of your SD card

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
join the club gave up on CIA a while ago since the older methods that dont use sdinfo.bin dont appear to be safe or are simply out dated

What do you mean safe? All my cia collection i downloaded long ago is for retirement? I have to redownload them from other source?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean safe? All my cia collection i downloaded long ago is for retirement? I have to redownload them from other source?

Thats the thing no info is given as to why sdinfo is needed now compared to before when there was no mention of it. dont mind me im talking out of my ass someone just needs to explain what sdinfo is, why do we need it for CIA's, and how do we generate it without python script.

Reactions: Margen67

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I already put the slotkey there. I have downloaded that somewhere. :(

90% sure your slotkey is wrong,
The other 10% chance would be that your emunand is corrupt or your emunand partition, reformatting emunand might help in this case.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Been using the Homebrew Launcher. Sadly I cannot do emuNAND on the bus
*sad airhorn music plays*

What is your Sysnand version, emunand version, region?
You'll need rxTools 2.4, so if you have an older version, update it.
Try it a few times, it might fail somethimes.

Some devices can't use rxTools through CN

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
cdn_firm.exe is not working for me. I've not seen anyone else with this issue. Any ideas?
since rxTools 2.2.1, that program is only downloading this file :
nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/0004013800000002/00000049
and renaming it to firmware.bin

do it manually.

Reactions: Margen67 and cearp

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
since rxTools 2.2.1, that program is only downloading this file :
nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net/ccs/download/0004013800000002/00000049
and renaming it to firmware.bin

do it manually.

Tjessx since the program only downloads this file, and renames it, you could add a download link in rxtools.net, in the download section for a pre-renamed file ? or is linking a file that can be downloaded by everyone, and renaming is against nintendo's Copyright ?

(you don't even need to save it locally on the server, you can simply use PHP to get the file, and give a renamed version of the said file using html headers)

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a way to update from 4.5 to 9.2? I have the SSB rev01 ROM with a 9.2 updateon it, but I get a black screen brick whenever I update it. I'v also used FBI, BBM,BRM, and sysupdater all resulting in a black screen brick. I have a O3DS and a hard mod if that helps any. I've used 3DSNUS to update via cia files but again a black screen brick happens.. Could someone please help me?

AtlanticBit

Yeh, fuck this
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Reactions: Margen67

b1l1s

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Does anyone have a way to update from 4.5 to 9.2? I have the SSB rev01 ROM with a 9.2 updateon it, but I get a black screen brick whenever I update it. I'v also used FBI, BBM,BRM, and sysupdater all resulting in a black screen brick. I have a O3DS and a hard mod if that helps any. I've used 3DSNUS to update via cia files but again a black screen brick happens.. Could someone please help me?

I had the same problem as you when updating to 9.6 via CIA. What made it work for me was changing SD cards. I was using a cheap backup SD card at since I didn't want to mess up my main card in case I made a mistake. Think I tried for 3/4 times with CIAs, twice with mset. Switched back to my main SD and it worked on my first attempt. Can't think of a reason why a cheapo SD card would break updating but maybe that can help.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem as you when updating to 9.6 via CIA. What made it work for me was changing SD cards. I was using a cheap backup SD card at since I didn't want to mess up my main card in case I made a mistake. Think I tried for 3/4 times with CIAs, twice with mset. Switched back to my main SD and it worked on my first attempt. Can't think of a reason why a cheapo SD card would break updating but maybe that can help.

I'm using my main sd card, I can try another, but that's weird.. I'll report back, Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu