Status
Not open for further replies.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 9.2.0-20.

I used the RX tools and it still didn't let me on eShop, still saying that there is a system update...
How do I access the eShop? I don't have any GW cards or flashcarts.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm on 9.2.0-20.

I used the RX tools and it still didn't let me on eShop, still saying that there is a system update...
How do I access the eShop? I don't have any GW cards or flashcarts.
Launch rxMode, go to settings, make sure it says rx-e, format system, reboot onto rxmode, go to settings, make sure it stills say rx-e as version and do a system update.

Edit: after you format your emunand it is possible that you need to place the rxtools.dat again on the sd card. Dont update when in rx-s!! Onmy update while in rx-e

Aww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have firmware.bin, slot25key, and rxtools.dat on your SD Card? And do you also have an Emunand made?

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay, I doubt the next release will have homebrew installation, but it will still be awesome!!
Makes me want to puch that donate button once more :P. Brilliant work roxas, thanks so much!

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have firmware.bin, slot25key, and rxtools.dat on your SD Card? And do you also have an Emunand made?

Yes, I have them on the SD card, not sure if I have an emuNAND made since it boots? But in RX-S. Am I doing something wrong?
Sorry not feeling like going through 91 pages when it's almost bedtime...

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes, I have them on the SD card, not sure if I have an emuNAND made since it boots? But in RX-S. Am I doing something wrong?

- backup sd card and place the gw launcher on it.
- launch into gateway and format emunand.
- recover the sd card from your backup and place rxtools on it (if you are on 7.0 or above don't place the slotkey on it, since it isn't necessary and illegal)
- boot into rxTools and launch rxMode, it now should say rx-E

mb2010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Just as an extra precaution before following the above use the gateway launcher to backup your system nand. Also be sure to copy the backed up nand to your pc before formatting emunand as that will wipe your SD card. This will ensure you can recover your 3ds using a hard mod if anything were to go wrong.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the pokemon updates on one old 3DS XL just fine. Fine, as in the updates are in emunand, not sysnand. However I can't do this on my other 3DS, somehow the updates also get in my sysnand, along with emunand. I tried looking for differences between consoles to pinpoint what's wrong. It's wrong because the updates patched web browser exploits, even without the latest firmware, the updates themselves patched all exploits.

One major difference is that the 3DS XL without the issues presented, has no NNID linked to it, the other does. Is that it? How can I unlink sysnand and emunand on this XL? How do I remove my NNID? I read that doing a system format will work, but then won't that erase the funds that are in my eshop account? I'm pretty concerned. Plus if I remove the NNID, won't that mean I can't sign onto Pokemon Bank? Since the login for that is my NNID info.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I downloaded the pokemon updates on one old 3DS XL just fine. Fine, as in the updates are in emunand, not sysnand. However I can't do this on my other 3DS, somehow the updates also get in my sysnand, along with emunand. I tried looking for differences between consoles to pinpoint what's wrong. It's wrong because the updates patched web browser exploits, even without the latest firmware, the updates themselves patched all exploits.

One major difference is that the 3DS XL without the issues presented, has no NNID linked to it, the other does. Is that it? How can I unlink sysnand and emunand on this XL? How do I remove my NNID? I read that doing a system format will work, but then won't that erase the funds that are in my eshop account? I'm pretty concerned. Plus if I remove the NNID, won't that mean I can't sign onto Pokemon Bank? Since the login for that is my NNID info.

Formatting your system won't erase your funds on your eshop account.
Which versions are those 3DS'es?

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Both are 9.2, but one got away with the updates only in emunand, and the other (with an NNID) didn't.

Is the one with the update in emunand only unlinked?
You can check this by moving a folder/game on one of them, and look into the other one if this changed there too.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the one with the update in emunand only unlinked?
You can check this by moving a folder/game on one of them, and look into the other one if this changed there too.

Well, the one with updates only in emunand also has Shovel Knight installed as a CIA on the emunand, not sysnand. This was from Gateway/DevMenu.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, the one with updates only in emunand also has Shovel Knight installed as a CIA on the emunand, not sysnand. This was from Gateway/DevMenu.

This one's emunand is unlinked, that is why the update doesn't show in sysnand.
If you want to update this one:
Take another SD card, use gateway launcher to format emunand,
boot into rxTools, update (if on RX-E)
update pokemon through rxTools.
Then put back your gateway SD card and your update will be installed.

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Ok too many questions.
However, it will probably support homebrew, but maybe the easiest way would be to allow CIA installation.
And, all the nand operations wll be fully working on the next release.
Also, i decided to use mset 4.x as downgrade target becouse of many coding/compatibility/comfort reasons :)

if you are gonna make a CFW capable of run CIA files and a downgrade application, will me a good idea to make two versions of the rxTools launcher:
1- The normal one (with all the options, even the dangerous)
2- A "childproof" version that have all not dangerous options and keep options like create xorpads, etc but not have the downgrade option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk