Status
Not open for further replies.

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ticket.db is tied to your private.sed file I believe. So yes it's console specific. I don't think this particular file will cause a brick (injecting the wrong private.sed file will brick however). But it's best to make sure it's valid before you inject it.

Note a ticket.db that had been generated from a different private.sed will most likely not work on your current sysnand. (for example, you have emunand unlinked from sysnand and try and download the patch and install the ticket.db file to sysnand. It won't work because sysnand uses a different KeyY in private.sed and emunand doesn't have it, so the ticket.db file will likely fail to work)
Yeah, I should have mentioned that in my post. Though really, this is only useful for linked nands anyway. If unlinked then the sysnand wont see the installed content from emunand and it's not like you can install it manually in rxMode.

Worked though. I have online in Smash on 9.2.

1. Use rxTools and dump all the important NAND files. Just because you can. Copy them to a computer for safe keeping.
  2. Boot into rxMode and update via settings app to 9.6. (Make sure you're in RX-E, not RX-S or ver.)
  3. Update games, install stuff.
  4. Reboot and start rxTools again.
  5. Dump ticket.db from emuNAND, inject into SysNAND. Ignore the "Dumping..." text when injecting.
  6. Exit and enjoy the updates.
Newly installed games don't show up, likely need to force the 3DS to see it. I have an idea why it isn't showing up so I'll check it out. (I'm pretty tired so I'm probably wrong though lol)

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
anyone else getting weird behavoir with mset load?
rxtools loads, but uses the 3D feature of the 3ds, basically rxtools screen is on on "eye" while a blank grey screen is on the "other" eye .... @__@

also doesn't seem to be loading my 9.6 emunand ... just blank screen (was working fine in 2.2.2)
edit 2 : just tried loading 2.3 using the web exploit and it loads emunand 9.6 fine

is mset loading hit n miss ? and why does it load rxtools in such a weird "3d mode" way ?

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I cannot get this to work on my 9.0.0-20E 3DS, it works on my 4.2U one though, the web browser crashes and just says an error occured. I put the same SD card in my US oine an it loaded, no diffeence in files. Help?

Reactions: Stuckman23

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
4.x browser I found a bit funky compared to 9.x. Did you allow the home page to fully load before loading the exploit page? I found that to be the most effective way of getting it to work. Clearing cache/cookies seems to have the opposite effect on 4.x which is odd. :P

plasma

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
4.x browser I found a bit funky compared to 9.x. Did you allow the home page to fully load before loading the exploit page? I found that to be the most effective way of getting it to work. Clearing cache/cookies seems to have the opposite effect on 4.x which is odd. :P

i tried everything, I gave up and downgraded to 4.5 and used it there (needed to anyway to generate nand.fat16.xorpad for region change using Rikus tool, in which was successful and now I have a 4.5J emuNAND)

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Nice! For now, my method of downgrading system settings will be the same as TWL_FIRM. Only instead of keeping 4.x system settings (which probably won't work in 9.2 anyway) I'll just install the 6.x system settings when doing the manual update to 9.2. Unless homebrew comes out that can properly uninstall system titles. BigRedMenu doesn't seem able to do it properly and FBI doesn't let me either. :P

Reactions: Tjessx

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I just posted on rxTools.net a video showing rxTools booting from mset on 6.X.
I achieved it today in few hours :)

nice, well done !
i just want to say that the 6 last monthy have been really productive to the 3DS scene. A year ago it would be impossible to imagine that there would be so many projects, tools being developped publicly and releases.
thank you Roxas and all the 3ds scene devs for your awesome work and keep it up !

(brb, gotta wipe a tear or two)

Reactions: Loaffy

plasma

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice! For now, my method of downgrading system settings will be the same as TWL_FIRM. Only instead of keeping 4.x system settings (which probably won't work in 9.2 anyway) I'll just install the 6.x system settings when doing the manual update to 9.2. Unless homebrew comes out that can properly uninstall system titles. BigRedMenu doesn't seem able to do it properly and FBI doesn't let me either. :P

So currently there is no way for me to delete the duplicate applications after region change?

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would not matter for this. The tickets for the new eshop game are added to the emunand where you bought it. If you restore a backup of the emunand from before the purchase then the
tickets for the game wouldn't exist and you would need to redownload it (which you can't do without undoing the rollback). Linking just makes it so the different nands can all use the same "user folder" on the SD card.

There a reason why a download (updates and games) worked on sysnand when i downloaded it from MT emunand? they also worked on GW emunand after i got my GW!

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just posted on rxTools.net a video showing rxTools booting from mset on 6.X.
I achieved it today in few hours :)
Nice job!
I have a (stupid) question, will this DS Profile-exploit work (without downgrading System Settings app) on my 5.1 3DS XL?

I hope it will be released in few days and that it will solve my issue

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice job!
I have a (stupid) question, will this DS Profile-exploit work (without downgrading System Settings app) on my 5.1 3DS XL?

I hope it will be released in few days and that it will solve my issue

IIRC the actual settings exploit was patched but the other part of the exploit wasn't, you will have to downgrade the settings app!

sanni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can I launch rxTools with the Gateway MSET installed into the ds profile? Because that's the only one I can install (via Spider) since I don't have any flashcarts.

JaviRoa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been following this threat since it started, and let me let you your work is awasome! Keep up the great work Roxas75 I've been playing online my retail games on rxmode. Thanks for everything!

Aww

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, is there any way to upgrade EmuNand to a version other than 9.6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/E1U7Nlt.mp4 +1