Not open for further replies.

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't have these carts :/
I've already backed up SysNAND (5.1), I hope Roxas will fix that soon
Maybe I have a wrong slot0x25keyx.bin file?

if you can access the rxTools menu, but can't boot into emunand, then you got the wrong version.
is your emunand version lower then 7? then just delete the key.bin from your SD card, you don't need it for now.

If this doesn't work then i suggest you do this:

I see...
I can't downgrade because the game I play needs 5.1 and my little brother plays it too and I think that it would be difficult to go to Web Navigator etc for him
Ok, this is what you do,
use gateway launcher to create emunand.
take out the SD card and format sysnand. (your saves will be available on your emunand).
Put all the files of your SD card on your pc.
Downgrade using gateway.
put the rxTools.dat on your SD card and all the files that you copy'd to your pc before.
boot into rxTools.dat through the browser exploit, and play your games in emunand which you can now also update to 9.6
BAMMMM you got it!

Reactions: Samwix

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, but can I restore properly a SysNAND Backup after downgrading?
And I've a pre-installed game (AC New Leaf), will it be here after downgrading (and restoring)? Will there be that save-protection issue?

Tjessx

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
And I've a pre-installed game (AC New Leaf), will it be here after downgrading (and restoring)? Will there be that save-protection issue?

Your preinstalled game will be available in emunand, and there is probably a way to restore your NAND, but i advice you to not do it.
If you have a flashcard i advice you to use the Mset exploit instead of the browser exploit since this doesn't require internet connection on your sysnand.
No idea what you mean by the save-protection issue, but your saves should work since you use an exact copy of your sysNand,

Please wait with doing this until someone else confirms this should work.

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's ok, I will wait to have my GW or a fix of RxTools for 5.1, I think it's pretty useless to downgrade my sysnand only for playing demos

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Either through Hard-Mod or through the downgrade function in GW menu (hold UP on the + pad when selecting downgrade with your nand.bin on your SD)

From FW 5.x no problem at all with your saves. That comes only after you begin a game on a 7.1 or above firmware.

Your pre-installed game is safe.

You don't need a GW card to do any of that. Just the Launcher.dat. And once you make an emunand and downgrade, you can use RXmode to upgrade your emunand all the way to 9.6.

Samwix

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes. Either through Hard-Mod or through the downgrade function in GW menu (hold UP on the + pad when selecting downgrade with your nand.bin on your SD)

From FW 5.x no problem at all with your saves. That comes only after you begin a game on a 7.1 or above firmware.

Your pre-installed game is safe.

You don't need a GW card to do any of that. Just the Launcher.dat. And once you make an emunand and downgrade, you can use RXmode to upgrade your emunand all the way to 9.6.
I don't really want to donwgrade only for demos...

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have this setup right now? I think I just verified that while a TWL_FIRM doesn't break DSiWare or GBA VC from sysnand, it might actually break the use of actual DS flash carts. Did you spoof your TWL or did you go through the whole SOAP response thing and locally host your update without including the TWL_FIRM? If you spoofed the version, can you launch an NDS game from your GW blue card or DS TWO (whatever you might have)?

I just installed all the 9.2 titles, minus the TWL_FIRM and the DS Cart Whitelist, to a 4.x EmuNAND, then I injected a copy of the 9.2 FIRM files, made an EmuNAND backup and restored it to my SysNAND. I don't currently have that setup (I downgraded back to 4.x because I needed the offline exploit for Gateway), but it did allow my DSiWare and GBA VC and DS flashcards to boot on SysNAND. If you want an in-depth tutorial about how to do it, ask @ApacheThunder .

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Since I'm lazy and I don't want to think right now, can you guys answer my questions?

• I have a 9.2U sysNAND 2DS with 9.5U emuNAND. I've downloaded some eShop stuff on emuNAND, but sysNAND doesn't see it whatsoever. Dumping my emuNAND tickets and injecting onto sysNAND will make the eShop games and patches appear on sysNAND, correct?
  • If downgrading MSET to 6.X were possible, is there any way to get the Homebrew Launcher to boot from it?
  • Is there any way to downgrade my DS flashcart blacklist without GW, either on sysNAND or emuNAND?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed all the 9.2 titles, minus the TWL_FIRM and the DS Cart Whitelist, to a 4.x EmuNAND, then I injected a copy of the 9.2 FIRM files, made an EmuNAND backup and restored it to my SysNAND. I don't currently have that setup (I downgraded back to 4.x because I needed the offline exploit for Gateway), but it did allow my DSiWare and GBA VC and DS flashcards to boot on SysNAND. If you want an in-depth tutorial about how to do it, ask @ApacheThunder .
Curious. What exactly do you mean by "injecting" the firm files? I've had luck downloading all firmware .cia with 3DNUS and installing them with BBM, up though 6.x (To a 4.x emunand). This works just fine as a sysnand.

At FW 7.0, the system settings app hangs, and 7.1 and above black screen bricks when flashing said emunand to sysnand. Again, this has just been my experience when upgrading with 3DNUS/BBM.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious. What exactly do you mean by "injecting" the firm files? I've had luck downloading all firmware .cia with 3DNUS and installing them with BBM, up though 6.x (To a 4.x emunand). This works just fine as a sysnand.

At FW 7.0, the system settings app hangs, and 7.1 and above black screen bricks when flashing said emunand to sysnand. Again, this has just been my experience when upgrading with 3DNUS/BBM.

You need to install the FIRMs after installing the cias. This does it all for you: https://github.com/profi200/sysUpdater

Codename

GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

You could do what Oishikatta said (it sounds easier), but I used RxTools to inject legit SysNAND 9.2 FIRM files into my EmuNAND so that I could make a backup of the EmuNAND image and restore it to my SysNAND without bricks.

Ichii Giki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am having no success with launching rxTools on my O3DS. 9.2U sysNAND, 9.5U GW emuNAND (which loads fine with GW launcher). I have tried version 2.2.2 and 2.3 rxTools.dat files, launching the exploit from the official rxTools site and from locally hosted site with no success. Every time the browser shows "loading rxTools.dat" then the browser crashes back to the home menu. I have downloaded firmware.bin multiple times and I even have the slot0x25XKey.bin file (shouldn't need this to launch rxMode since I'm on 9.2 sysNAND?). Any suggestions?

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
So I am having no success with launching rxTools on my O3DS. 9.2U sysNAND, 9.5U GW emuNAND (which loads fine with GW launcher). I have tried version 2.2.2 and 2.3 rxTools.dat files, launching the exploit from the official rxTools site and from locally hosted site with no success. Every time the browser shows "loading rxTools.dat" then the browser crashes back to the home menu. I have downloaded firmware.bin multiple times and I even have the slot0x25XKey.bin file (shouldn't need this to launch rxMode since I'm on 9.2 sysNAND?). Any suggestions?
Try clearing your browser cookies and cache.
Also, having the slot0x25KeyX.bin file on >7.0 sysNAND has been known to cause problems, so I would suggest deleting that, as it's useless anyway.

Reactions: Ichii Giki

Presentum

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Can anyone help me get this done:

I have 2 3DS one on sysnand 9.2 with emunand 9.5 and another with sysnand 4.4 and emunand 9.5 with gateway both of them

A new update camed out some hours ago of Pokemon X Y/ORAS and since im stuck on 9.5 i cant update my games and cant play online.Someone told me that with this tools i could get the updates by updating to 9.6 with this tools to make the cias of the update and install them with devmenu on my 9.5 emunands, could anyone please help me get this done? Thanks so much in advance

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone help me get this done:

I have 2 3DS one on sysnand 9.2 with emunand 9.5 and another with sysnand 4.4 and emunand 9.5 with gateway both of them

A new update camed out some hours ago of Pokemon X Y/ORAS and since im stuck on 9.5 i cant update my games and cant play online.Someone told me that with this tools i could get the updates by updating to 9.6 with this tools to make the cias of the update and install them with devmenu on my 9.5 emunands, could anyone please help me get this done? Thanks so much in advance
It's not that complicated at all.
All you have to do is update your emuNANDs to 9.6 and download the eShop updates like a normal person.
Assuming your sysNAND is linked with your emuNAND and you already have a previous patch on sysNAND, the patches will automatically be applied to sysNAND.

Reactions: Presentum
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus