Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RxTools ‏@RxTools 8h8 hours ago

#RxTools 3.0 will be the 3.0 beta, but with stability and secret features.
It will also have a new development and release infrastructure.
5 retweets 8 favorites

Status update:
because of school, #RxTools 3.0 will most likely come in November/December.
Sorry for the unconvenience.
Damn. Going on from this, how viable is the latest RxTools on a v9.0 N3DS? I hear it's unstable. Is Reinand or Cakes better right now?

Tahaha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That says that the Region Free patch is missing on N3DS. That's very important to me. But is there a secondary region free hack I can install?

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That says that the Region Free patch is missing on N3DS. That's very important to me. But is there a secondary region free hack I can install?
FreeMultiPatcher and/or NTR 3.0 + language plugin

Note that none of the other available CFWs have region free.

Reactions: Margen67

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France

I don't think any cfw has RF on n3ds anyway.
But if you install an out of region cia RF patched it will show up on your menu like any other one. And if the cia was not patched you can do what lemanuel said (be you will have to relaunch fmp/ntr at each reboot)

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I screwed up and accidentally updated my console's Sysnand and I know I'm a stupid person.

My question is if I can inject my backup 2DS 10.1 Emunand through EmuNAND Tool into my [currently shipping] 3DS XL's Emunand that I will be creating from scratch in 4 days. (which will also be updated to 10.1 Emunand)
CIAs are replaceable but I don't want to lose my save files.

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So I screwed up and accidentally updated my console's Sysnand and I know I'm a stupid person.

My question is if I can inject my backup 2DS 10.1 Emunand through EmuNAND Tool into my [currently shipping] 3DS XL's Emunand that I will be creating from scratch in 4 days. (which will also be updated to 10.1 Emunand)
CIAs are replaceable but I don't want to lose my save files.

That's a no. You can't use a NAND from one console with a different console, even if it's emunand.
You would be able to decrypt the NAND and then use it in the other console if you had the decryption keys of your 2DS. But I think you don't so that's a no.
Do you even have a backup of your 2DS' system NAND? If you do, you can at least still recover it by injecting the backup with a hardmod.

Reactions: CheeseCake

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a no. You can't use a NAND from one console with a different console, even if it's emunand.
You would be able to decrypt the NAND and then use it in the other console if you had the decryption keys of your 2DS. But I think you don't so that's a no.
Do you even have a backup of your 2DS' system NAND? If you do, you can at least still recover it by injecting the backup with a hardmod.

I'm a general user so I can't hard mod. Well there goes my saves.
Thanks for the answer.

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm a general user so I can't hard mod. Well there goes my saves.
Thanks for the answer.

You could try to ask someone to do it for you or take it to some repair shop since they usually can do the soldering part quite easily.
It won't cost you that much and it's still worth more than having a non-exploitable console.
But well... at least you'll have your 3DS XL to make up for it :)

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try to ask someone to do it for you or take it to some repair shop since they usually can do the soldering part quite easily.
It won't cost you that much and it's still worth more than having a non-exploitable console.
But well... at least you'll have your 3DS XL to make up for it :)
That is if he has a backup of sysnand.

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country

#RxTools 3.0 will be the 3.0 beta, but with stability and secret features.
It will also have a new development and release infrastructure.
5 retweets 8 favorites

Status update:
because of school, #RxTools 3.0 will most likely come in November/December.
Sorry for the unconvenience.

first: probably end of aug
second: probably end of sept
third: probably nov/dec

like what ive said, this will come maybe january next year, holidays of holloween and christmas will come and i think thats their only time to finish rxtools, unless dev will go to vacation again, i bet it will moved again...

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to build rxTools from source, but it didn't build an "rxTools.dat", even though the Makefile seemed to complete successfully. How do I run what I built?

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by CheeseCake,
Reactions: Margen67
D

Deleted-19228

Is there ever going to be a fix for upgrading emunand from 9.0 to 9.4/9.5? I literally only need it to copy over some saves. Apparently the save encryption changed since Xenoblade works on a retail system but doesn't work on sysnand/emunand with 9.5 firmlaunch to decrypt the game.

EDIT:

And apparently needed to use Amiibo. I can't use any amiibo in my Chibi Robo game =/ Probably because it needs files from 9.4+

EDIT 2:

Just for the hell of it I am now restoring my nand into emunand and will update in gateway classic mode to see if the issue persists. I think one of the patches that rxtools is running is breaking the update.

EDIT 3:

And nope. Same exact issue with the black screen. I don't get it.

EDIT 4:

I don't know why I didn't think about this sooner. I bet themehax is causing it.

Confirmed. Themehax is the cause. You need to reset either sysnand or emunand before updating because of the home menu mismatch it causes a crash with the hacked theme still installed.

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted-19228

Yea but it never said why. It literally works fine as long as you don't update the emunand. There were people on there saying it was working fine without unlinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nobody is reading what you post.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.