Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Patching sig check doesn't just enable piracy. It enables homebrew. I'm not going to get into a debate about it. I'm just going to state that I never asked or said I was for piracy, you moral asshats always assume as much because youre overly defensive of your frail convictions, bannana2.

secondly, the OP doesn't say he is against or not going to release it. It says maybe in the future. so I asked if he had it done it yet or not, so perhaps in the near future I can play with banners and what ever else I want that is none of your fuckin business.

Sorry for being harsh, but the shit is beyond old.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My one gripe, and reason that I wish that more people wouldn't snub away from .cia support, is because quite honestly, there's 1. chunks of homebrew that don't exist in .3dsx and 2. chucnks of homebrew that plain work better/have slightly different functionality in .cia (sunshell comes to mind, as do a number of emulators that are better supported in .cia as opposed to .3dsx). All of this is neither here, nor there though, as right now, rxTools doesn't directly support either format (outside of official installs). Also, I wouldn't be horribly opposed to being able to carry my collection with me wherever I go without having to drag some 20 or so carts with me.

Reactions: WeedZ

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
My one gripe, and reason that I wish that more people wouldn't snub away from .cia support, is because quite honestly, there's 1. chunks of homebrew that don't exist in .3dsx and 2. chucnks of homebrew that plain work better/have slightly different functionality in .cia (sunshell comes to mind, as do a number of emulators that are better supported in .cia as opposed to .3dsx). All of this is neither here, nor there though, as right now, rxTools doesn't directly support either format (outside of official installs).
I just noticed the OP has been edited to state that sig checks won't be patched. I'm so over this piracy war. Im not pro or against. I miss the days when other people didn't concern themselves with what other people did with their own property. And I think not pushing your ideals on others is far more important than anything either argument believes. I wish the staff here would start banning the rude, disrespectful, shit starters and stop letting them influence devs. And I'm talking about people on both sides of the piracy debate.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can certainly appreciate both viewpoints, and honestly I'm fine with the tool as it is right now anyways. Having access to eshop, and being able to pull back my ambassador gba games (I had to wipe my system a while back, and had no way to pull them back till recently - they don't work in rx directly, but they do get plopped onto my sysnand and are playable from there) is already leaps and bounds more than what I was able to do up until just recently. If something else comes along and some dev is willing to allow us to install and use .cia format, at least with rxTools in it's current state, it gives me a means to access legitimate content while keeping my system firmware in a more exploitable state, at the low, low cost of one of the extra like ten SD cards I had laying around doing nothing.

Reactions: WeedZ

WeedZ

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I can certainly appreciate both viewpoints, and honestly I'm fine with the tool as it is right now anyways. Having access to eshop, and being able to pull back my ambassador gba games (I had to wipe my system a while back, and had no way to pull them back till recently - they don't work in rx directly, but they do get plopped onto my sysnand and are playable from there) is already leaps and bounds more than what I was able to do up until just recently.
I can see that, but for someone like me that can't purchase a GW atm, why use cfw (updated or not) if I can't run my homebrew apps, let alone toy with cia? Another thing I don't get is, you have to modify the device, obtain modified nintendo fw, pirate illegally owned keys, and for what? Why is the line drawn there? I don't get it.

johovahs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can see that, but for someone like me that can't purchase a GW atm, why use cfw (updated or not) if I can't run my homebrew apps, let alone toy with cia? Another thing I don't get is, you have to modify the device, obtain modified nintendo fw, pirate illegally owned keys, and for what? Why is the line drawn there? I don't get it.

Why can't you get a GW?

Neo89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys long time lurker here finally decided to join. Just wanted to ask if anyone else is having problems booting into the latest emunand? I followed everything said here and managed to update my 4.3U emunand while in rx mode but wont boot again after update just black screen. i already tried clearing browser history & cookies, reformatting sd card & even formatting emunand again but nothing changes. Rx tools menu does have emunand and newkeyx highlighted in green. Anyone have similar problems?

darkfire9191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Roxas75, can you explain how the Inject NAND partitions feature works? Whenever I go into that menu, it is blank even though I dumped both the entire nand and the decrypted nand partitions. Do I have to place the files somewhere specific like the root of the sd card? Its just easier to do instead of having to copy and paste with HxD.

TheZoroark007

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Launching rxMode doesn´t work for me. My 3ds just freezes at a black screen. I use emunand 9.2 and I have the firmware.bin,rxTools.dat and the slot0x25KeyX.bin on my SD card.

johovahs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you redownload the firmware.bin file if you changed versions of rxtools? Just start from scratch and download the 2.2.2 version and get the firmware bin again.

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not that it helps your black screen issue (actually I have no idea if it will or not) but try removing slot0x25KeyX.bin. That's only needed if your sysnand is below 7.0.

In addition to what the poster above suggested.

Edit: totally misread emunand as sysnand. I blame the utter lack of coffee in my cup. Either way, if your sysnand is at 7.0 or higher, remove the keyx.bin as it isn't needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill