Not open for further replies.

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Oh look! A wild CFW appeared! Latest rxTools build, again :P https://dl.dropbox.com/s/89knmtfqvlsycho/rxToolsRelease_50f8569d879.zip?dl=0

Commit hash: fa6178f4d4afe305c0c1d848c18b550f8569d879

If Spider doesn't work via launch.rxTools.net , use this: http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/cakes?rxTools.dat

Please don't ask me for technical support because all I do is build the source, nothing more :P

Please remember: Nintendo HAS pulled the old firmware's from NUS so you can no longer download the old mset :( I got copies of the 4.x MSET for both US and EUR consoles BUT they're in .CIA files and I'm not going to distribute them for the obvious reasons, sorry.

Edit: Oh yeah, GateWay still offer the MSET CIA files :P Just downgrade MSET with FBI. Yay

Last edited by WhoAmI?,

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh look! A wild CFW appeared! Latest rxTools build, again :P https://dl.dropbox.com/s/89knmtfqvlsycho/rxToolsRelease_50f8569d879.zip?dl=0

If Spider doesn't work via launch.rxTools.net , use this: http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/cakes?rxTools.dat

Please don't ask me for technical support because all I do is build the source, nothing more :P

Please remember: Nintendo HAS pulled the old firmware's from NUS so you can no longer download the old mset :( I got copies of the 4.x MSET for both US and EUR consoles BUT they're in .CIA files and I'm not going to distribute them for the obvious reasons, sorry.
Whats new on this update?
i would like screenshots for pokemon but this isn´t a request thread

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
Reactions: AlbertoSONIC

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
How can i play DS games without uninstalling the mset?
What do you mean? When you launch DS games, your MSET ROP is effectively wiped so you'll have to reinstall it the same was as usual. If you want to downgrade the settings application (mset), you can't unless you have a copy of it (which can no longer be downloaded from NUS).

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What do you mean? When you launch DS games, your MSET ROP is effectively wiped so you'll have to reinstall it the same was as usual. If you want to downgrade the settings application (mset), you can't unless you have a copy of it (which can no longer be downloaded from NUS).
So everytime i use a DS game i have to install the mset exploit? its because i want to play DS games on my 3ds without need to install the mset exploit again
Can i uninstall the downgraded mset exploit updating to 9.2 using sysupdater? i have the 9.2 cias

EDIT:I can´t download frimware.bin is it because the 3DNUS thing? can i use the frimware.bin of a previous rxtools version?

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
So everytime i use a DS game i have to install the mset exploit? its because i want to play DS games on my 3ds without need to install the mset exploit again
Can i uninstall the downgraded mset exploit updating to 9.2 using sysupdater? i have the 9.2 cias

You should really ask someone else, to be honest. I just build rxTools and then share it because I'm too kind :P

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EDIT:I can´t download frimware.bin is it because the 3DNUS thing? can i use the frimware.bin of a previous rxtools version?
Pretty much. There are reports that you can get the exploit to stick by applying it, changing the profile name, wiping it by launching a ds game, and then applying it again. However, not everyone can get this to work and it can be rather inconsistent at best. I think I managed to get it to work once, but it only stuck for one ds game launch before being wiped again.

Reactions: WhoAmI?

srwgin

Trophies
XP
Country
China

Edit: Oh yeah, GateWay still offer the MSET CIA files :P Just downgrade MSET with FBI. Yay
just try it old code.bin not work
and my bad internet, web can not open ,so I cannot test with it

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Yep! I just run into the same issue here... The error you cannot see is a HTTP 404. The file not longer exists in that url., you will see it if you run the file from the command line.

Anyone has the MSET 6.x USA stored and could upload it to somewhere, PLEASE?

Thanks
just try it old code.bin not work
and my bad internet, web can not open ,so I cannot test with it
And with MSET ?

Keizel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

New 3DS support?

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Welp, looks like my code is now pretty useless, if we can't build the msetdg.bin files anymore. I didn't really foresee this happening so soon, so I didn't make backups of all the possible bins for every region yet. If anyone has them, they should put them on that ISO site for now, so we can find them all. I personally have a complete 9.2U CIA package backup, browser included, but not the other regions. I do have the 6.x US MSET in msetdg.bin form though, so there's that at least. I wish I hadn't cleaned out my 3DNUS folder about a week ago now, as I had every region and every version, same with the browsers. Though it's more of an inconvenience than anything, it is a pain that Nintendo choose to pull all the old versions. It's not like they did it to the DSi or Wii branch, so I don't get why they did it to the 3DS branch.

Reactions: WhoAmI?

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Just to let you know that now that @Reisyukaku implemented N3DS MSET support for cakehax, we should soon enough also have a way to use RxTools in N3DS through downgraded MSET (for the gateway users that want to use it !) (Should be out about the same time we fix one pesky bug that prevents us from reading CTR from N3DS)
BTW: Great work @Reisyukaku

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though it's more of an inconvenience than anything, it is a pain that Nintendo choose to pull all the old versions. It's not like they did it to the DSi or Wii branch, so I don't get why they did it to the 3DS branch.

Protecting their IP and trying to stop the scene as much as possible. Makes perfect sense to me

Reactions: Zidapi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1