JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly. The TMD signature stops being valid the moment you alter its SHA-256 hashes and the content information, so you do need a CFW to load the injected FBI.

The thing here is that you need a CIA manager to install CIAs in the first place, and no CFW can directly install one at the time being. What you'd normally do is inject the FBI data into H&S, use it to install the standalone FBI CIA, and then restore the original H&S data. Since you can also do this process with an EmuNAND, you really wouldn't need to alter SysNAND in any way if you don't want to.

Because this solution doesn't rely on anything but an SD card and free time. I still haven't had the chance to buy Cubic Ninja... If the price in dollars appears to be ridiculously high, imagine how much it would cost me here in Venezuela.
It appears to have gone back up, but Cubic Ninja was only $5-$20 here for a long time. I used to post prices on HacksDen, but I figured anyone who would want it had it, so I stopped.

If you have Cubic Ninja, you can just run PastaCFW with it, run Cubic Ninja again, load FBI with the HBL, and you can install signed and unsigned CIA's.

Reactions: DarkMatterCore

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
It appears to have gone back up, but Cubic Ninja was only $5-$20 here for a long time. I used to post prices on HacksDen, but I figured anyone who would want it had it, so I stopped.

If you have Cubic Ninja, you can just run PastaCFW with it, run Cubic Ninja again, load FBI with the HBL, and you can install signed and unsigned CIA's.

The problem is that in the past year, things have gone real wild in here. In our current exchange rate, our highest denomination banknote, 100 Bs. (bolívares), is approximately $0.20. Our minimum wage is around 7500 Bs., so yeah, do the math and you get that a single 3DS game costs between 10000 - 12000 Bs. + the seller profit (and we're not even talking about Cubic Ninja :rofl:).

It's laughable, but sad at the same time. I'm already planning to move to Canada once I finish my career next year.

Keizel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Roxas75 I have a big problem... I downgraded the MSET in the 2DS and now I can't return to MSET 9.X in my sysNAND... Could you add in future versions update MSET in sysNAND to 9.X?

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Roxas75 I have a big problem... I downgraded the MSET in the 2DS and now I can't return to MSET 9.X in my sysNAND... Could you add in future versions update MSET in sysNAND to 9.X?
You can use 3DNUS to download the 9.x MSET, but maybe someone here knows the title ID

Note: Do not do a system format while you have that 4.x MSET! You will be stuck at the 3DS slider screen since the 2DS lacks one, and you will just soft/hard brick :/

mlinares

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The problem is that in the past year, things have gone real wild in here. In our current exchange rate, our highest denomination banknote, 100 Bs. (bolívares), is approximately $0.20. Our minimum wage is around 7500 Bs., so yeah, do the math and you get that a single 3DS game costs between 10000 - 12000 Bs. + the seller profit (and we're not even talking about Cubic Ninja :rofl:).

It's laughable, but sad at the same time. I'm already planning to move to Canada once I finish my career next year.
But we have Patria!
Our Goverment is a SHIT.:cry:
Anyway you can't find any copy of cubic ninja in ML.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
You can use 3DNUS to download the 9.x MSET, but maybe someone here knows the title ID

Note: Do not do a system format while you have that 4.x MSET! You will be stuck at the 3DS slider screen since the 2DS lacks one, and you will just soft/hard brick :/

Assuming he's really from Spain and his 3DS is European, 0004001000022000 v8202 is most likely what he wants.

But we have Patria!
Our Goverment is a SHIT.:cry:
Anyway you can't find any copy of cubic ninja in ML.

You could find it some time ago in Facebook groups (like "Nintendo Venezuela Compra y Venta", for example). I remember the price was high enough to make you sell a liver in order to buy it.

Last edited by DarkMatterCore,

mlinares

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Assuming he's really from Spain and his 3DS is European, 0004001000022000 v8202 is most likely what he wants.

You could find it some time ago in Facebook groups (like "Nintendo Venezuela Compra y Venta", for example). I remember the price was high enough to make you sell an liver in order to buy it.
:lol::lol::lol: True Story.
For the moment nothing better than RxTools.
Good Luck Finishing the FBI injection. this may help a lot of people.
I am among those who had to downgrade to 4.x, Install Palantine, and the rest of the awful process, to install fbi when patched 2.4 was released.
Also Thanks for the MultiNAND utility it helped me a lot.

Reactions: DarkMatterCore

caytung07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For the most part, I believe the FBI injection code has been completed. I'm still waiting for more people who had problems to inject it to the EmuNAND to test the latest build and confirm if it works for them (it did for me).
for me, RX 2.5.2 FBI injection works on Japanese device with both Jap emunand and region changed to Eur emunand.

marioelda25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.. I am having trouble injecting FBI to emunand.. I tried DarkMatterCore 's suggested rxtools.dat but I still encountered an error.. It reads the Region as USA but shows an error of couldn't find H&S TMD/content.. what should I do next? Thanks

Last edited by marioelda25,

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Hi.. I am having trouble injecting FBI to emunand.. I tried DarkMatterCore 's suggested rxtools.dat but I still encountered an error.. It reads the Region as USA but shows an error of couldn't find H&S TMD/content.. what should I do next? Thanks

Did you use this build when you tried to inject FBI? https://mega.co.nz/#!lNJjSICa!DD0Xoz2k3zK3rlqlII1nYlTiImpnPWcay8JYFyz0uHw

I don't really suppose your console region is American, so it may be a problem with your SecureInfo_A/B. Please check your PMs.

pkmz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possible to boot rxtools through mset without a ds flashcard? Currently doing the browser way, but would prefer profile way.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Just tried and NO, it bricked, luckily I have hardmoded my 3DS and restored my NAND.

Sounds like you didn't download the right CIAs then. That and you should not attempt this while in Gateway mode as sysupdater doesn't work with Gateway mode. (you still end up with a brick if you use it in Gateway mode). Also do NOT use Devmenu/BigBlueMenu to update sysnand.

If you have a n3DS, you have to enable the n3DS option when downloading CIAs using 3DNUS. If you don't have a n3DS, you leave that option unchecked. You also have to download the correct region CIAs.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sounds like you didn't download the right CIAs then. That and you should not attempt this while in Gateway mode as sysupdater doesn't work with Gateway mode. (you still end up with a brick if you use it in Gateway mode). Also do NOT use Devmenu/BigBlueMenu to update sysnand.

If you have a n3DS, you have to enable the n3DS option when downloading CIAs using 3DNUS. If you don't have a n3DS, you leave that option unchecked. You also have to download the correct region CIAs.

Followed the guide I posted above, my region was correct, and was in RXMode Sysntand. Also O3DS and unchecked n3DS mode.

A600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Followed the guide I posted above, my region was correct, and was in RXMode Sysntand. Also O3DS and unchecked n3DS mode.

Shouldn't you update from the normal rxTools mode (emuNand)?. IIRC, sysupdater always updates the sysnand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)