Status
Not open for further replies.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm happy to announce that i've just bricked my 3DS! :D
I now have to find someone who can install me an hard-mod as soon as possible here around in italy.
This will delay all the works actually. I hope to pack in a single release the most basic things i actually achieved.
Damn.

I bricked my 3ds yesterday (I'm too curious) and I had no trouble installing a hard-mod and today around 18:30 my 3ds is back. I had never done this before I was anxious but the installation is very simple for 3ds normal and can be literally performed by a child for 3ds xl !
the only things you need is :

- a micro usb card reader
- 4 cables
- a soldering iron (little, cheap)
- win32diskimager (to restore the backup of your nand)

And follow this pictures (only 4 soldering points) :

- for normal 3ds model :

3dspinout.jpg

- for xl 3ds model :

tvj.png

- and for both :

mmc_adapter.jpg

Once it's done you should have something like this on your 3ds screen when you plug your adapter on the pc with the 3ds power on :

07.jpg

Normally a new removable disk is appeared (943 mb or 954 mb) do not format it...
Then you can restore a backup of your nand with win32diskimager or another. (And now you can breathe ^^)

Reactions: samiam144

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I bricked my 3ds yesterday (I'm too curious) and I had no trouble installing a hard-mod and today around 18:30 my 3ds is back. I had never done this before I was anxious but the installation is very simple for 3ds normal and can be literally performed by a child for 3ds xl !
the only things you need is :

- a micro usb card reader
- 4 cables
- a soldering iron (little, cheap)
- win32diskimager (to restore the backup of your nand)

And follow this pictures (only 4 welds) :

- for normal 3ds model :

3dspinout.jpg

- for xl 3ds model :

tvj.png

- and for both :

mmc_adapter.jpg

Once it's done you should have something like this on your 3ds screen when you plug your adapter on the pc with the 3ds power on :

07.jpg

Normally a new removable disk is appeared (943 mb or 954 mb) do not format it...
Then you can restore a backup of your nand with win32diskimager or another. (And now you can breathe ^^)
I don't believe you.

Reactions: lPolarisl

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's my understanding that for the original 3ds, the soldering is easy, however getting to the board that needs to be soldered isn't exactly trivial, and requires removal of the cartridge slot among other things...also, I really hope you meant soldering points, not welds.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's my understanding that for the original 3ds, the soldering is easy, however getting to the board that needs to be soldered isn't exactly trivial, and requires removal of the cartridge slot among other things...also, I really hope you meant soldering points, not welds.
For the original model we have to remove a metal plate that's glued to the SD slot and soldered to the board.

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Yes soldering points ^^ Thank you. And yes this is easy if you are not afraid of disassembly (I talk for a normal 3ds). I realy just disassemble it, take a few pictures to remember, made 4 soldering points on my mother board, reassemble my 3ds and that's all ! (But I retried 3 times for the card ^^)

This is already not too complicated but for the XL this is really a joke...

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CAn someone tell me how I would inject an emunand 9.2 dump into my emunand that is 9.6?

I see the inject options but am afraid of how it works, to be honest.
I see "Inject EmuNAND Partitions"...whatever that would do
And I see "Inject NAND Files". and then when I select that one it says which do I want to use. Use for what? To inject Sysnand or Emunand? And which NAND file would it use?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CAn someone tell me how I would inject an emunand 9.2 dump into my emunand that is 9.6?

And I see "Inject NAND Files". and then when I select that one it says which do I want to use. Use for what? To inject Sysnand or Emunand? And which NAND file would it use?

Just use EmuNAND tool

Reactions: Hashtastrophe

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Could go with the above advice, seems easier and probably faster with it being done on a computer. But the Inject EmuNAND Partitions option should be the one you are looking for. It needs your NAND.BIN file that gateway's launcher dumped on the root of the SD card. (or a hardmod dump)

The Inject NAND Files option is used to inject specific files into either the sysNAND or emuNAND. Ticket.db, movable.sed, etc. The choice in the beginning is where you're injecting the files to. (sysNAND doesn't work at the moment)

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could go with the above advice, seems easier and probably faster with it being done on a computer. But the Inject EmuNAND Partitions option should be the one you are looking for. It needs your NAND.BIN file that gateway's launcher dumped on the root of the SD card. (or a hardmod dump)

The Inject NAND Files option is used to inject specific files into either the sysNAND or emuNAND. Ticket.db, movable.sed, etc. The choice in the beginning is where you're injecting the files to. (sysNAND doesn't work at the moment)
Thanks for the quick reply guys!

And I did just end up using emunand Tool. Love how quick it dumps the emunand :P

It was a minor inconvenience because I run OS X, thus having to open up another program to load .exe's Buuuut other than that, I like the program.

Misiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
its me again.. I couldn't make my 3ds enter the friend list, and just noticed that its the same in sysnand, it gets stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.