Homebrew [RELEASE] RemotePad - Control your computer from your Wii U!

rw-r-r_0644

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
icon.png

RemotePad

Introduction

Using this app you can send inputs to your computer from the gamepad
It's a pretty basic source code so....

Instructions

You'll need a Windows computer (Linux and Mac OS are not supported by the client :( (Because I don't know how to hold a key from a program there))
1. Download the app
2. Download the client from the GithHub Release Page
3. Run the client
4. Run the app
5. Get the local ip adress of you computer - on windows you can use the command ipconfig
6. Insert the ip adress in the app and press A

The Gamepad keys will get mapped on your computer as various other keys like A for 'A', B for 'B', P for '+', etc.
(I didn't work much on the key mapping... If you think something should be changed feel free to post it there)

Issues

1. The input seems to not work for each application (Dolphin seems to ignore it for example) but I still didn't figure out how to fix that EDIT: brienj figured out it works by installing joystick simulator programs (vJoy, ...)
2. There's a possibility of latencty. I was able to play MK8 on CEMU with it (lol) but I think it could vary with different number of devices on the network / computer speed / network speed

Downloads

You can download it from The Homebrew AppStore (Thanks @vgmoose and @pwsincd :))
or from the Github Releases

Changelog

0.5: Added IP selector and edited client a bit
0.1: First public release

Source Code

Github

Credits

@dimok - WiiU libraries, dynamic_libs, examples
@brienj - IP selector on geckiine
@vgmoose, @pwsincd - Homebrew Appstore
@QuarkTheAwesome, @Dylon99, @CreeperMario

Last edited by rw-r-r_0644,

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very cool! Would it be possible to eventually have this stream your PC display to your gamepad too? Or would you need some sort of special hardware?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I decided to see if I could modify the client to work on Mac, and after finding the right code to yoink from google, I got this first attempt together pretty quickly. It uses the same keymapping as your windows version, which can be easily changed in the SCVal definition if anyone wants it different (the key definitions are in the separate .h file) - you'd need the OS X developer tools installed to compile, but you wouldn't need any of the Wii U/devKitPro stuff.
There's a ready-compiled version which runs from the command line, it supposedly simulates the keypresses at a fairly low level so should hopefully work with most software.

e: I haven't experimented yet to see if keypresses would need to be repeated automatically, say if you're holding the dpad up to move forward in a game. Let me know if you try before I do.

Attachments

• RemotePadClientMac.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 227
Last edited by hippy dave,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...