ROM Hack [Release] Pictlogica Final Fantasy ENG translation

wad11656

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now what to do whit it:
  • Create a copy of game .bcmdl file from another region.
View attachment 185463

A copy of WHICH game's .bcmdl file? Can it be ANY game from your correct region?

The games I'm interested in fixing the banner for do not have my region (USA)--only EUR & JPN. I have the EUR game installed right now, but the banner is corrupt. I need to fix it. (IDK if JPN version banner shows fine on USA console, but it doesn't matter because it would be in Japanese.)

But Pictologica doesn't have your region (EUR) either. Yet you still fixed the banner. So that shouldn't be a problem. So what .bcmdl file did you edit? Where did it come from?

Last edited by wad11656,

Vulpes-Vulpeos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
A copy of WHICH game's .bcmdl file? Can it be ANY game from your correct region?
You copy EUR or JAP banner file from the same game. Rename it to banner10.bcmdl (if you need USA_EN region). Open it in hex editor and make USA banner file from it.

1. Go to the folder with banner files from your game.
2. Delete banner10.bcmdl file.
3. Create a copy of banner1.bcmdl.
4. Rename it to banner10.bcmdl.
5. Open banner10.bcmdl in hex editor.
6. Search for EUR_EN text in banner10.bcmdl file.
7. Replace this text with USA_EN
8. Save changes.

Last edited by Vulpes-Vulpeos,

wad11656

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You copy EUR or JAP banner file from the same game. Rename it to banner10.bcmdl (if you need USA_EN region). Open it in hex editor and make USA banner file from it.

1. Go to the folder with banner files from your game.
2. Delete banner10.bcmdl file.
3. Create a copy of banner1.bcmdl.
4. Rename it to banner10.bcmdl.
5. Open banner10.bcmdl in hex editor.
6. Search for EUR_EN text in banner10.bcmdl file.
7. Replace this text with USA_EN
8. Save changes.

Oooooh. Ok, Thank you

Unfortunately the decoded text in my hex editor is mostly gibberish, except for words like DATA, DICT, and bnr at the beginning of the file:
Capture.png

There is no EUR_EN entry at location 000011D0 (or any region code for that matter):

Does the gibberish Decoded text mean the .CIA is not clean? Do I need to purchase a clean cartridge and rip a .cia?

The .cia is not region free:
IMG-6226.jpg

Attachments

• ExtractedBanner.zip
    367.3 KB · Views: 171
Last edited by wad11656,

Vulpes-Vulpeos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
There is no EUR_EN entry at location 000011D0 (or any region code for that matter):
This location is for Pictlogica Final Fantasy banner files.
Unfortunately the decoded text in my hex editor is mostly gibberish,
That's normal.

You have 2 options:
1) You can try to rebuild .cia without hex editing. Don't forget to backup your save before installing rebuilded .cia.
2) If 1st option didn't work, you need to search for EUR_EN text in that file.

Reactions: wad11656

wad11656

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have 2 options:
1) You can try to rebuild .cia without hex editing. Don't forget to backup your save before installing rebuilded .cia.
2) If 1st option didn't work, you need to search for EUR_EN text in that file.

YOU LEGEND!!!! Yes that was it--Since this game's .bcmdl files do not have any region codes in their Decoded text (i.e., EUR_EN, JPN_JP) (see video below), all I had to do was:
  1. Copy and rename banner1.bcmdl to banner10.bcmdl for the USA_EN region (which file didn't exist before)
  2. Rebuild the CIA
  3. Install in FBI, and it worked!
This is so good to know--thank you so much for figuring this out and helping me!! :) (and for responding to my original thread a couple days ago)

Victory:
IMG-6232.jpg

No region codes in .bcmdl files:

Last edited by wad11656,
Reactions: Vulpes-Vulpeos

Vulpes-Vulpeos

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Every time I complete a puzzle with the patched cia I get an Arm11 error--any idea what could be the cause?
Did you rebuild cia or just use layerdfs patch? If second, then the problem is in amount of files in Layerdfs patch. I recommend to rebuild cia with translation files.

Were you able to unlock Areas 31 & 32 using the tutorial for editing the Citra savefile? (They don't specify which Offset (h) to make the changes for unlocking 31 & 32.) If so, could you upload a copy of the save file?
I don't have clean save file. In that tutorial you need "update" part only:
UPDATE: Now you can unlock all Areas without time limit AND unlock Areas 31 and 32 permanently! First, removing the timer. In Offset (h) 00000EA0 in Columns 0C-0F and 00000EB0 in Column 00 put the values FF. Congratulations! You've removed timers to all the areas! Now unlockable areas 31 and 32. First is Area 31. In Offset (h) in Column 04 put the value 80. Next is Area 32. In Offset (h) in Column 05 put the value 01. Congratulations! You've unlocked Area 31 and 32. Now, if you want to play all 30 Areas instantly, then in Offset (h) in Columns 01-04 just put the values FF in each column. But remember, you still have to complete all puzzles to unlock EX stages in each Area.

Last edited by Vulpes-Vulpeos,

wad11656

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you rebuild cia or just use layerdfs patch? If second, then the problem is in amount of files in Layerdfs patch. I recommend to rebuild cia with translation files.

I don't have clean save file. In that tutorial you only need "update" part:

Yeah, they have the part for removing the timer, but doesn't it look like they're missing the offsets for unlocking 31 & 32? (It just says "Offset (h) in Column 04"). I left a comment on there too. Hopefully they reply (the thread is 2 years old)

myaphelion

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you rebuild cia or just use layerdfs patch? If second, then the problem is in amount of files in Layerdfs patch.

I did rebuild the cia; before I did that I wasn't getting any errors with the layeredfs patch at all. It's only after I did that that I started running into problems.

jebus2477

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there,

Awesome work with the patch. I had gotten it running but couldn't fully understand how to apply the banner fix.
I was able to extract everything, I placed the Layered patch in the title folder for Luma.
I added the banner files to the extracted banner folder and then rebuilt the .cia (v 12 had dll issues, v11 kept giving me a syntax error and v9 worked).
When I tried to install the .cia file i keep getting an invalid NCCH error.
I also tried adding the patch to the romfs folder and building the .cia but i keep getting the NCCH error.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 20201016_152540.jpg
    20201016_152540.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 246

Hipcheck7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there,

Awesome work with the patch. I had gotten it running but couldn't fully understand how to apply the banner fix.
I was able to extract everything, I placed the Layered patch in the title folder for Luma.
I added the banner files to the extracted banner folder and then rebuilt the .cia (v 12 had dll issues, v11 kept giving me a syntax error and v9 worked).
When I tried to install the .cia file i keep getting an invalid NCCH error.
I also tried adding the patch to the romfs folder and building the .cia but i keep getting the NCCH error.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

I have the same issue. Have you had any luck?

Zack1770

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I've got a doubt about the banner fix, so its supposed that i only have to extract the cia and copypaste the content of banner fix.zip on the extracted files then build the cia again? (Sorry for my poor english, im new with this whole thing of patching banners)

namingwaypoint

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
I'm confused, I tried extracting the PFF CIA file but nothing's happening on my end. Am I missing something here? What version of the toolkit are you guys using?

Edit: So I was able to extract and rebuild the CIA however when I installed and ran PFF on the 3DS, it didn't read my existing save (installed edited version over existing JP version). Does this have something to do with the version to be specified when rebuilding the CIA? I just specified 0 on both items because specifying a number other than that doesn't seem to work.

Last edited by namingwaypoint,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: