Hacking [RELEASE] Phacox's Injector (NES/SNES/N64/GBA/NDS for Wii U)

phacox_cll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In some base games, in addition to including the respective .ini file (located in "/content/config/") they include other .ini files. Many of those extra files correspond to games that did not officially come out, but in which the big N was working.

All those files and a list of which game corresponds to each file can be found in the initial post of this thread as "All existing Wii U VC N64 config files made by Nintendo" in the information block with compatibility lists.

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In some base games, in addition to including the respective .ini file (located in "/content/config/") they include other .ini files. Many of those extra files correspond to games that did not officially come out, but in which the big N was working.

All those files and a list of which game corresponds to each file can be found in the initial post of this thread as "All existing Wii U VC N64 config files made by Nintendo" in the information block with compatibility lists.

For exemple, I want to make a VC inject from DK64, but with widescreen option avaliable, so I must use the original release of DK64 as base and his own ini file from this mentioned folder?

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most Rom Hacks wont work of SM64 due to differences the original even has a couple patches in Memory to work and you also need CalculateLOD = 1 via Render Settings.

There is already SM64 Officially Released aswell just incase anyone wondering.

I think Not64/Wii64 can run some Rom Hacks for those interested, do C2W OverClock and your good you can also grab forwarders I put together with C2W OverClock enabled.

Checkout my Blog under Compatibility and you can find my Ini's at bottom Compatibility.

Last edited by CORE,
Reactions: phacox_cll

soniccomcisbr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm trying to run the original one. I want to use it on my loadiine in widescreen, because I will play on an old CRT TV. Using WiiU on 16:9 and widescreening the game, the game goes full screen on CRT, because on original virtual console release, the resolution dont fits the fulll crt screen. Donkey Kong 64 is my base and HEre the Ini that I choose:

;Super Mario64 P
[RomOption]
;BackupType 0 Auto 1 SRAM 2 Flash 3 EEPROM
BackupType = 3
;BackupSize 2048 16K 4K 512
BackupSize = 512
Rumble = 0
UseTimer = 1

[Render]
CalculateLOD = 1

Last edited by soniccomcisbr,

phacox_cll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Two details:

- Have you already tried the widescreen ROM on an emulator?

- The .ini file you are using is for the PAL version of the game, but officially the PAL version did not come out for the virtual console, for the PAL regions the same NTSC version was released as in the USA. Consequently, the .ini file you are using does not contain the patches required to run the game, only the .ini file from the USA version has the patches.

Reactions: CORE

Rython

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was going to try to inject the Donkey Kong 64 Improvement Patch'd Game into my Wii U, but I have had no luck finding the Wii U Common Key. I assumed I need the Common Key for F-Zero X since it is the Base I was going to use for the game, but I'm not sure how to find it, I must admit.

Edit: Nevermind, with a little research, I was able to find the Common Key, but alas, I couldn't seem to get the Improvement Patch'd Version of Donkey Kong 64 to work, unfortunately.

Last edited by Rython,

SnakeEater

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could someone help please?
I could not load the base for the nds injection. Have used the new super mario nds rom that should work but its says invalid base. So which format you need to use?

edit: okay already find it out.

by the way: awesome tool

is there a way to enable d-fix and widescreen in the tool itself?

Last edited by SnakeEater,

CORE

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@soniccomcisbr

You are missing the idle Memory patch.
Amongst other Vertices and Texture Fixes.

A lot of Games require custom made Patches to Textures/Vertices/RAM/Speed Hacks and various translations.

Different Bases and Configurable Ini Files will only get you so far without the above which is not an easy task to produce.

Although Possible with other Emulators and Debugging you just need to know what your looking for.

CORE

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Mario Party 2 or DK64 apparently work but you may need to hex edit the file header to match Mario Party 2 and set BackupSize = 2048. Use Mario Party 2 Ini.

I will be fixing up my blog peeps seem to have trouble finding Ini's.

Reactions: phacox_cll

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Finally there are people here