FBA version: 0.2.97.29
v1.0
- initial release.

v1.0.1
- minor fixes.

v1.0.2
- more minor fixes.

v1.0.3
- fixed a freeze when entering sleep mode from the home menu with the game suspended.

v1.1
- added an internal database to recognize games that need a parent rom and warn the user if the needed parent rom is missing.

v1.2
- changed save folder to "sdmc:/retroarch/forwarders/*UNIQUEID*/savefiles" (actually a fix). please move the *ROMNAME*.fs files from the root of your sd card to the new save folder if you wish to preserve your saves, otherwise you can erase the .fs files from the root of your sd card.
- little interface fix.

v1.2.1
- fixed the issue where if the path to the folder selected to save the cia has spaces the program is unable to save it (oops... spaces are the devil).

v1.2.2
- fixed little issue with banner creation (spaces again).

v1.2.3
- interface fixes.

v1.2.4
- fixed a bug where the creator will get stuck at "creating banner" if no banner image was selected.
- another little interface fix.

v1.3
- added option to remap buttons.

v1.3.1
- fixed little bug with the remapping.

v1.4
- fixed parent rom detection, now is has to be in the same folder as the bootleg rom you are selecting (I don't know how I missed this for so long).
- rewrote and revamped a bunch of code for easier maintenance, please tell me if I broke something :P.

v1.4.1
- fixed little bug were the reset keymap button would incorrectly swap the X and Y buttons.

v1.5
- added random product id and unique id generator. it generates a random code every time you select a rom.

v1.5.1
- added a turbo button. it has to be manually enabled from the button remap option.

v1.5.2C
- parent rom typo fixed (fughtfev).
- parent rom mechanism updated to use the same method as the CPS forwarder creator.

v1.5.2D
- fixed another typo in the parent rom checking mechanism (gpilot.zip -> gpilots.zip).

Description:
With this tool you'll be able to make independent retroarch cias for your favorite Neo-Geo games using the Final Burn Alpha 2012 (0.2.97.29) NeoGeo core without having to install retroarch or anything besides the generated cia.

Usage:
It's pretty self explanatory, there is only one thing that isn't quite clear:
You need to copy the Neo-Geo bios (named "neogeo.zip") in the same folder as this program.
The program will detect if the bios is usable and wont let you proceed if the bios is missing or incompatible.

If the resulting cia doesn't boot (boots and kicks you out to the 3ds menu without warning) is most likely due to an incompatible romset, you can test your roms with the pc version of Final Burn Alpha or Retroarch before creating the cia to make sure that it will work.

Big games (like Metal Slug 3, SVC Chaos and most of the King of Fighters series) will take a while to boot, just wait a minute and you'll be greeted with the Neo-Geo bios like usual.

Key mapping:
The buttons are assigned as follow:
Neo-Geo A = 3DS B
Neo-Geo B = 3DS A
Neo-Geo C = 3DS Y
Neo-Geo D = 3DS X
Neo-Geo Start = 3DS Start
Neo-Geo Coin/Select = 3DS Select

Turbo button:
As of version 1.5.1 a turbo button has been added. This button has to be manually enabled by giving it a key map from the button remapping option.
It works like a shift button, any other button that you press while holding the turbo button will rapid fire.

Uni-bios usage instructions:
First, to navigate this menus you have to press A (B in 3DS buttons) to accept/change settings, B (A in 3DS buttons) to change setting in the opposite direction and C (Y in 3DS buttons) to go back.

To access the uni-bios menus you have to press A+B+C (B+A+Y in 3DS buttons) at the first screen (illustrated below).
0000.png

The very first option is to configure the region and mode at what the game will run.
0001.png

To access the dip switches you have to press B+C+D (A+Y+X in 3DS buttons) at the same screen as before.
Then go to the third option.
0002.png

And then the second option.
0003.png

You can change the game setting from there like the difficulty, timer, blood and such (most games will let you change difficulty and time from the game menu of you choose to run the game in console mode).
0004.png

You can also access an in-game menu that contain cheats if you press Start+Select while playing.
0006.png

Tools used to make this possible:
3dstool, bannertool, ctrtool, imagemagick convert and makerom.
And thanks to @Asdolo for his retroarch fork.

Last edited by Sakitoshi, , Reason: don't you hate typos

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
OP
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Is it possible to set defeat Unibios settings in the program such as lives/tokens, PG/Blood?
Yes, I should have put how to use the unibios in the op (and I will right now, I was kind of in a hurry when I created the thread).

To access the unibios menu you have to press A+B+Y at the first screen (the one that say neogeo universe bios, region and mode), you can change some setting there but mainly the game region and if will act as if plugged to an arcade or the home version of the neogeo.
To access the dip switches you have to press A+X+Y then navigate to the third option (setting up the soft dip) and once there the second option (slot1 *name of the game*)
You can also access an in-game menu if you press Start+Select while playing, there are cheats there that are included with the unibios (no idea how to edit the cheats).

Hopalongtom

Trophies
XP
Country
I've frequently had issues before trying to toggle the blood on in the Metal Slug games though said menu, often having to toggle things one way, then back again to get it to work, was hoping there was a way to set it as default setting upon booting a game!

Sakitoshi

OP
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I test a program but i have no .cia after the conversion :(
Tried making a CIA, but it looks like it is creating everything required, but when I go to the Directory Selected.......nothing.
Ok, I know what's happening now, only thing I'll say is that I hate spaces.
Anyway, issue fixed and op updated.

Reactions: Smoker1

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried Installing 2 CIAs. Both get this:
Import Failed.
This CIA is is Invalid.
(0xD8E08025)

Roms used are the ones that work with the RA FBA Build. Same with the BIOS

Last edited by Smoker1,

Sakitoshi

OP
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Tried Installing 2 CIAs. Both get this:
Import Failed.
This CIA is is Invalid.
(0xD8E08025)

Roms used are the ones that work with the RA FBA Build. Same with the BIOS
mmm... I tested installing with title manager and fbi and neither had any problem installing the cias.
Check that the tools folder is extracting correctly, maybe your antivirus is doing things to those files.
upload_2017-6-26_18-39-54.png

Tried a lot of games and all just give me back to the homemenu, i just don't know how to get a specific rom for final burn alpha
Try with a simple rom like Metal Slug 1.
I can't exactly say from where I get roms but I can hint that is a "paradisiacal" place.

Disharmony16

~DooM-BringeR~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try with a simple rom like Metal Slug 1.
I can't exactly say from where I get roms but I can hint that is a "paradisiacal" place.
I just want to try kof 2002 mp 2 and marvel vs capcom but both dont work and i already visited that paradisiacal site but i think i'm out of luck, i'm trying to download a pack of roms for the specific emulador that you said so i'll report back later.

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I have now .cia file with the latest version ;)

Trying karnov and power instinct on my N3DS and Karnov work very well but Power Instinct give an error :(

@Sakitoshi : can u make the programm give an random "Produit code" and "Unique ID" ?

Last edited by chronoss,

Sakitoshi

OP
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I just want to try kof 2002 mp 2 and marvel vs capcom but both dont work and i already visited that paradisiacal site but i think i'm out of luck, i'm trying to download a pack of roms for the specific emulador that you said so i'll report back later.
For kof 2002 mp2 you need the base kof 2002 and the mp2 mod, also get the roms from the neogeo section not the mame section (the romsets are different in many cases). I'm getting the roms to test if something else is wrong.
And marvel vs capcom is a cps2 game, not neogeo. I do have a cps2 creator in the works, but I want to make sure that this one is stable enough before releasing it.

Tried even with World Heroes 2 which is smaller and it still got the Error. But here is what I used for SettingsView attachment 91558 View attachment 91559
I see nothing wrong with those settings, I'm taking a look at this to see if I can get the same error and fix it.

I have now .cia file with the latest version ;)

Trying karnov and power instinct on my N3DS and Karnov work very well but Power Instinct give an error :(

@Sakitoshi : can u make the programm give an random "Produit code" and "Unique ID" ?
The rom name for power instinct is matrim.zip, check if that is correct or it wouldn't work.

A random product code and unique id generator is one of my plans for the future, but for now isn't a pressing issue.

Reactions: chronoss

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
For kof 2002 mp2 you need the base kof 2002 and the mp2 mod, also get the roms from the neogeo section not the mame section (the romsets are different in many cases). I'm getting the roms to test if something else is wrong.
And marvel vs capcom is a cps2 game, not neogeo. I do have a cps2 creator in the works, but I want to make sure that this one is stable enough before releasing it.

I see nothing wrong with those settings, I'm taking a look at this to see if I can get the same error and fix it.

The rom name for power instinct is matrim.zip, check if that is correct or it wouldn't work.

A random product code and unique id generator is one of my plans for the future, but for now isn't a pressing issue.

No, power instinct is powerins.zip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over