ROM Hack [Release] Monster Hunter Stories Save Editor MHSEC-G

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i followed all those instructions all the way through to the end of "finalizing setup"! was i wrong to assume that the save editor would be used on my laptop, not on the 3ds itself? what do i do from here? (and thank you very much for helping btw)
use Checkpoint or JKSM and select your game. Export the EXT data for the game (the game saves as EXT data instead of 'save data'), move that off the SD, and load that into the editor. When finished editing, put it back on your SD and import the ext data.

monsterfurr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use Checkpoint or JKSM and select your game. Export the EXT data for the game (the game saves as EXT data instead of 'save data'), move that off the SD, and load that into the editor. When finished editing, put it back on your SD and import the ext data.
i dont see it in checkpoint? i have pokemon gold and crystal, pokemon bank, and rhythm heaven megamix but no monster hunter stories. is it because my game is the physical cartridge version? if JKSM would work with this then how do i download that?

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont see it in checkpoint? i have pokemon gold and crystal, pokemon bank, and rhythm heaven megamix but no monster hunter stories. is it because my game is the physical cartridge version? if JKSM would work with this then how do i download that?
plug in the cartridge before launching checkpoint. There also may be a button to update titles.

If you want JKSM too (it's more intuitive for some... plus it can modify playcoins) and you installed custom firmware, install the CIA found here with FBI. If you're just using homebrew, add the 3dsx file to your 3ds folder on your SD instead.

monsterfurr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plug in the cartridge before launching checkpoint. There also may be a button to update titles.

If you want JKSM too (it's more intuitive for some... plus it can modify playcoins) and you installed custom firmware, install the CIA found here with FBI. If you're just using homebrew, add the 3dsx file to your 3ds folder on your SD instead.
the cartridge was plugged in but it still didnt show up. ive downloaded and opened JKSM on my 3ds through homebrew launcher and the game is showing up there, but im not entirely sure what to do next. selecting "save data" gives a popup saying "the archive cannot be opened"

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Maq47,

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im trying to look at the tutorial document and it says its deleted?? I messed up some weapons using gateshark codes and was wondering if i could fix it though here. But i want to look at the turtorial thingy first.
set all your weapons to level 3, upgrade the ones that are maxed at level 3 to their High Rank version, then you can set them all to level 5 again safely.

As for the guide, check the last few pages of comments. Theres a link to my backup of the spreadsheet.

gold972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank you for good work guys. but i have one question to ask i tried open save android in the editor with update but he said save unsuported maybe i wrong Something

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
I updated the offsets for mobile (I added Version.ANDROID, SAVE_FILE_SIZE_ANDROID, android armor, character, egg, egg fragment, item, monster, talisman, and weapon offset cases, and provided all offsets and sizes supported by the application for the 3DS). I also translated about half of the items in the Resources/idmap.txt file, and will very soon provide both "egg_dummy_template_android.bin" and "egg_null_template_android.bin" files since the Android version made egg data smaller by 0x12 bytes and monster data larger by 0x20 bytes. I currently already have the "egg_null_template_android.bin" file made, but need to make sure that my implementation of the dummy egg works properly first before pushing both files.

I'm trying (just resumed after a long break) to add Android support to this editor, and I'm needing a little help. Could anyone versed in C# look at the files I updated most recently here in VS2015 and tell me how to fix the errors? Here is a link to the changes made by the commit.

Reactions: gold972

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying (just resumed after a long break) to add Android support to this editor, and I'm needing a little help. Could anyone versed in C# look at the files I updated most recently here in VS2015 and tell me how to fix the errors? Here is a link to the changes made by the commit.
I'm really dumb. It was simply as easy as adding 'return' to the front of the first line inside the 'get' function in each case. I've pushed a new commit - program now compiles without errors. Now to add messages for the Android version...

Reactions: gold972

gold972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i have vs2017 and i make somme tool C# we can try if you want just let me see marcus

finaly WE done with the checksum on android version thank ^^

Last edited by gold972,
Reactions: iAmJoker94

impure

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, is it working for android now? and if you get the checksum for android.. is it the same for iphone? :v just wondering.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
so, is it working for android now? and if you get the checksum for android.. is it the same for iphone? :v just wondering.
I never finished adding support for Android because I can't code myself. You'd need a jailbroken iPhone to edit the save, just like you need rooted Android to do so. I assume that the saves are identical for iOS, though, although I'm not entirely certain, so.... maybe?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.