Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google doc no longer works

=======================================
9/11/2017

Ver 1.21 UPDATE
  • Added "Equipped" flag for weapons and armors.
  • All tables are now sortable.
  • Added export/import egg feature.
  • Egg/monster export and import now support cross-version transfers (USA->JPN, JPN->USA).
Tutorial updated monster skill ID list, SnS ID list, Armor ID list. Credit: TKT.

Seriously, PLEASE read the tutorial. It's not just "how to use the software".
=======================================
MHSEC-G (Monster Hunter Stories Editor Crappy - GUI) is an upgrade to my previously-released, commandline-based editor MHSEC.

Features:
- Character editing
- Monster editing
- Egg / Egg fragment editing.
- Item editing.
- Talisman / Weapon / Armor editing.

Tutorial:
Game mechanics, Monster Species IDs, Gene IDs, Talisman Skill IDs, etc...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kDp23ITXZOLDF63C9mbsyRx8iw1DlLgLT7n0yNepAhc/edit?usp=sharing

Source code (C#):
https://github.com/secXsQuared/MHSEC-G

Release (Download):
https://github.com/secXsQuared/MHSEC-G/releases

Important Notes for running the editor:
1. .NET 4.0 is required.
2. The program will auto-save after every change. Therefore you don't really have to click "save" until the very end when you finish editing everything.
3. Please report any bugs.

Acknowledgement:
Everyone in this thread, especially mana_ran for gene translation. (credited in the tutorial).
Discussion thread in bbs.duowan.com (credited in the tutorial).

TKRZ_MTKRZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
yes it is man I hatched a kirin and oroshi kirin eggs with that save editor

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

do you found the docs already?
because I have it if ya want it

mike42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do belive i have the docs and how did you get the Oroshi Kirin also how do i use the egg fragment editor to get Glavenus or Kushala Daora
yes it is man I hatched a kirin and oroshi kirin eggs with that save editor

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

do you found the docs already?
because I have it if ya want it

Last edited by mike42,

TKRZ_MTKRZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
some of them arent in the docs....
in eggs tab u need to put the monstie id its in the exl. file in the monsters tab...
double click after putting the monstie id...
there u need to put the gene of the monstie u wanna have altough u can put other genes but I recommand to put in one slot urdesired monstei gene and the other are uo to u!

Attachments

• MHS_Genelist_r02_forsent.pdf
    647.7 KB · Views: 0

mike42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some of them arent in the docs....
in eggs tab u need to put the monstie id its in the exl. file in the monsters tab...
double click after putting the monstie id...
there u need to put the gene of the monstie u wanna have altough u can put other genes but I recommand to put in one slot urdesired monstei gene and the other are uo to u!
but how do i find the id for Kushala Daora

Twinbladez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since android cant edit date yet, is there a way to convert some like specific eggs or items into QR code and inject it through reader?

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
Since android cant edit date yet, is there a way to convert some like specific eggs or items into QR code and inject it through reader?
QR codes appear to be encrypted data, and nobody knows the key and iv, so custom QR codes are highly unlikely to ever be possible unless we find both of them.

I'm working on adding Android support to this save editor, but you'll need a rooted Android device in order to acquire your save once it's done. I don't know any C#, so I'll need some help implementing full support. I have already provided all offsets and the checksum method for the save, so if anyone is proficient enough in C# and wants to help finish it, my fork of the editor is at https://github.com/M1CR0H4CK3R/mhsec-g

Reactions: gazequiorra

Twinbladez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QR codes appear to be encrypted data, and nobody knows the key and iv, so custom QR codes are highly unlikely to ever be possible unless we find both of them.

I'm working on adding Android support to this save editor, but you'll need a rooted Android device in order to acquire your save once it's done. I don't know any C#, so I'll need some help implementing full support. I have already provided all offsets and the checksum method for the save, so if anyone is proficient enough in C# and wants to help finish it, my fork of the editor is at https://github.com/M1CR0H4CK3R/mhsec-g
Wow nice! Hmm I have samsung s9+ and they said not worth to root. Imma buy another phone just to root. I just dunno if we can back up saves from rooted to my samsung as I tried the emulator saves doesnt seem to restore.

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States

I have determined that the encryption on QR codes is a simple bitwise XOR (I know it is almost certainly bitwise because differing bytes between 2 QR codes are always different by 0x01, 0x02, 0x04, 0x08, 0x10, 0x20, 0x40, 0x80, or a combination of those, but most commonly it is only 1 of these, which leaves the impression that it is bitwise). I'm digging through the disassembly of the Android version currently for the exact bits that are XORed, but there's a TON to comb through, so it will take quite some time.

Edit: I also believe that there is a table within the game code that lists 'valid' QR codes (strings within the code of the Android version hint at this), but this check could, in theory, be turned off by cheat code, although I don't know anything about 3DS ASM, so in-the-know hackers will be required to dig through the exefs of the game to find an offset.

Last edited by Maq47,

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also believe that there is a table within the game code that lists 'valid' QR codes (strings within the code of the Android version hint at this)
This is most likely because the QR rewards are hard-coded into the game. What you found is likely just the array of what codes for what reward. If you could reverse the process to generate the QRs, we could find hidden/unreleased QRs, but that would be the limit of the functionality (other than replacing them, but that would just unlock the same reward slot with a different QR). Team QRs are different, but dont actually affect the player's items/monsties in-game. What Twinbladez was asking about is likely the old RAM injection via QR method that was ripe for abuse a few years back on 3DS - which of course isn't a thing (or is at least very impractical) on 99.999% of phones.

Brianaoc60

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Question noob! Can someone explain to me how to add Link's suit? Excuse me I'm new using the editor and I do not know much about this

monsterfurr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if anyone is still here would you mind making like step by step instructions on how to use this when you dont know jack about these kinds of things? ive got the usa cartridge and a micro sd card reader and thats it ): the program itself looks simple enough to use but i have no idea how to get to my save data in order to load it in cause all the folders and files on the sd card are just named different numbers.
ive read through this whole forum but everything people have said i just dont understand what they mean? i think i have to download something else but idk what or what to do with it

Last edited by monsterfurr,

iSharingan

Show me your power
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the program itself looks simple enough to use but i have no idea how to get to my save data in order to load it in cause all the folders and files on the sd card are just named different numbers
You need a decrypted save to use the editor. Use this guide to get either basic homebrew or full CFW. If you dont understand it, you're better off not touching anything, as in certain (albeit rare) cases you can brick your 3DS if you don't follow the instructions while trying to modify it.

monsterfurr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a decrypted save to use the editor. Use this guide to get either basic homebrew or full CFW. If you dont understand it, you're better off not touching anything, as in certain (albeit rare) cases you can brick your 3DS if you don't follow the instructions while trying to modify it.
ok i followed all those instructions all the way through to the end of "finalizing setup"! was i wrong to assume that the save editor would be used on my laptop, not on the 3ds itself? what do i do from here? (and thank you very much for helping btw)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1