Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,835,100
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I have the same problem as JTyee37.
My screen turns green when trying to open Pokemon Moon through JKSM.
Now, I've read your reply that I'd need to redownload the payload (I have 11.3 new 3ds xl) however I just downloaded everything yesterday, they aren't old files and so... this won't help me since yesterday I downloaded the correct payload for New 3ds xl 11.3.0-36U
Do you know of anything else?
Thank you in advance.
Edit: What I download is "otherapp", not ropbin btw.
What entry point are you using for homebrew channel.

SonWest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What entry point are you using for homebrew channel.
I'm a noob at this, first time doing it and so, sorry for this but what do you mean by entry point?
This is what I can tell you, I followed the guide of 3ds.guide to install homebrew (I didn't proceed after that since I just wanted homebrew), then I installed JKSM.6-30-2016 which is the most recent I think (all I did was copy the 3 files inside the 3ds folder), after that tried to open Poke Moon with it and there, green screen.
I didn't do anything else besides this.
Thank you for taking your time to reply to me.

Last edited by SonWest,

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a noob at this, first time doing it and so, sorry for this but what do you mean by entry point?
This is what I can tell you, I followed the guide of 3ds.guide to install homebrew (I didn't proceed after that since I just wanted homebrew), then I installed JKSM.6-30-2016 which is the most recent I think (all I did was copy the 3 files inside the 3ds folder), after that tried to open Poke Moon with it and there, green screen.
I didn't do anything else besides this.
Thank you for taking your time to reply to me.
Well by entry point to homebrew I meant what are you using to get into the homebrew menu like oothax, soundhax etc etc. I agree with pixelmasher, following the whole way through and using the cia version of jksm is easier to use than the .3dx. it's much harder to help someone especially since I only use the cia. That said you can use whatever you want, something you can try if the 11.3 payload isn't working is using the 11.2 payload but I believe you need cfw for that to work not sure. Also your jksm is outdated.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Well by entry point to homebrew I meant what are you using to get into the homebrew menu like oothax, soundhax etc etc. I agree with pixelmasher, following the whole way through and using the cia version of jksm is easier to use than the .3dx. it's much harder to help someone especially since I only use the cia. That said you can use whatever you want, something you can try if the 11.3 payload isn't working is using the 11.2 payload but I believe you need cfw for that to work not sure. Also your jksm is outdated.

That is correct. Using the 11.2 payload on 11.3/11.4 only works for those with a nightly Luma version that is 700d5727 or newer as 11.3 patched the gspwn exploit that the 11.2 payload relied on. Of course, if you have Luma cfw then you can just use the cia version.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CIA version just works. I read bunch of homebrew are broken or not working properly right now. Only thing that I know that isn't working on CFW is NTR streaming.

SonWest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
People, if you're on 11.3 or less, do the Guide. https://3ds.guide/ It makes using JKSM SO much easier.
The latest version is here. https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSM It's about 2 months old. The one on release page is really outdated.
Thank you but which files am I supposed to put on my sdcard?
The JKSM I have has 3 files a .3dsx .xml and .smdh
I see there's no smdh on that link and so I don't know what files to put.

I'm getting into it through soundhax I think, well that's what 3ds.guide makes you do, right?

Basically, my JKSM is outdated. I just need help on what JKSM files I need to put on my card from the reply above you.
I don't have luma, cfw or anything at all. I have nothing. I just wanted to install homebrew (which I did from 3ds.guide) and then install a save manager for Pokemon Moon, nothing else.

SonWest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
CIA version just works. I read bunch of homebrew are broken or not working properly right now. Only thing that I know that isn't working on CFW is NTR streaming.
Sorry for the double post, I just wanted to say I copied all the files (not only the 2 months old, i copied them all) on that link you shared of JKSM but still getting the green screen.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why I said it's easier because it just works one installed. You're right though, most homebrew .3dsx broke, I even read that pksm got green screen on 11.3 which is weird because I didn't get green screen on when I used it while being on 11.3.

Thank you but which files am I supposed to put on my sdcard?
The JKSM I have has 3 files a .3dsx .xml and .smdh
I see there's no smdh on that link and so I don't know what files to put.

I'm getting into it through soundhax I think, well that's what 3ds.guide makes you do, right?

Basically, my JKSM is outdated. I just need help on what JKSM files I need to put on my card from the reply above you.
I don't have luma, cfw or anything at all. I have nothing. I just wanted to install homebrew (which I did from 3ds.guide) and then install a save manager for Pokemon Moon, nothing else.
You just needed to replace the files that were there. And I don't know what's on 3ds.guide, I did the a9lh way before soundhax was a thing. Anyway I don't know what else to tell you other than just move up and install cfw since most problems are easily solved with it. You seem to have done everything possible that I can think of like redoing soundhax, redownload the payload and updated jksm. You said you just did it the other day so you should have the newest boot.3dsx as well so I'm out of ideas unless using an older soundhax works but I doubt it, I don't even know if it has different versions lol. Maybe try a different entry point but your best bet is definitely cfw.

SonWest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well damn me, thank you for your time.
I hear most of the community in Pokemon hack for whatever reason. I'm just trying to do it cause I don't have enough free time and find all these troubles... it's so stupid ffs.
This should be the easy/short way and it's messed up.
Oh well, I guess I'm doomed not to use this thing.
Thanks anyway.

JTyee37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why I said it's easier because it just works one installed. You're right though, most homebrew .3dsx broke, I even read that pksm got green screen on 11.3 which is weird because I didn't get green screen on when I used it while being on 11.3.

You just needed to replace the files that were there. And I don't know what's on 3ds.guide, I did the a9lh way before soundhax was a thing. Anyway I don't know what else to tell you other than just move up and install cfw since most problems are easily solved with it. You seem to have done everything possible that I can think of like redoing soundhax, redownload the payload and updated jksm. You said you just did it the other day so you should have the newest boot.3dsx as well so I'm out of ideas unless using an older soundhax works but I doubt it, I don't even know if it has different versions lol. Maybe try a different entry point but your best bet is definitely cfw.
I just don't get it because it worked on my old 3DS I had on ver 11.3 but I accidentally updated it to version 11.4 so I traded it in for a new 3DS on version 11.3 and it wont work on this new one like I said the bottom screen turn green for JKSM homebrew works fine. If you know a better way do you have a link I could go to to see how its done or what files id need?

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just don't get it because it worked on my old 3DS I had on ver 11.3 but I accidentally updated it to version 11.4 so I traded it in for a new 3DS on version 11.3 and it wont work on this new one like I said the bottom screen turn green for JKSM homebrew works fine. If you know a better way do you have a link I could go to to see how its done or what files id need?
I don't get it either, there's only a handful of people that are saying they have a problem on 11.3, when I was on 11.3 I didn't have a problem either, granted I am using cfw but still. If you still have the files of the o3ds you can try using the payload you were using for that one. Maybe smea updated the 11.3 payload but it broke it instead? That's just me grasping at straws though. The best solution is to go the cfw route installing a9lh using this guide.

hyogman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I finished my first run on GBA VC Castlevania CotM. I wanted to backup my save file with JKSM, but when I tried to export it, the program says: "Error opening save archive". Can someone help me?

JTyee37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it either, there's only a handful of people that are saying they have a problem on 11.3, when I was on 11.3 I didn't have a problem either, granted I am using cfw but still. If you still have the files of the o3ds you can try using the payload you were using for that one. Maybe smea updated the 11.3 payload but it broke it instead? That's just me grasping at straws though. The best solution is to go the cfw route installing a9lh using this guide.
Ok cool so just use this guide to install Custom Firm Ware and backup my save data? and thanks for being so much help and being patient with me I appreciate it! CFW will be able to install on 11.3 right?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok cool so just use this guide to install Custom Firm Ware and backup my save data? and thanks for being so much help and being patient with me I appreciate it! CFW will be able to install on 11.3 right?
You can install CFW on 11.3 and yes that is the guide you should follow.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just being careful if i follow through with this is it possible my 3DS will brick if i mess up?
The brick chance is nearly 0 if you follow every direction carefully and don't skip any steps. Read the steps beforehand so that you can understand what's going on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: If anyone wants to get me those socks for Christmas... lol