Homebrew [Release] Inject any app into Health & Safety (O3DS/N3DS/CFW only)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 239,138
  • Replies 527
  • Likes 40

Cruzinats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've managed to install FBI.cia in my h&s with the emunand (thanks to the read.me actually lol) but I'm still trying to get the same error when attempting to install a .cia game, tried with multiple games.

Install failed!
TTCDF0JAPRFCIA.cia
source: SOURCE_FSFILE_WRITE (0x1c)
Module: MODULE_NN_AM (0x20)
Level: LEVEL_STATUS (0x19)
Summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)
Description: <unknown> (0x1)

What could be wrong?

I'm on N3DS, 9.2 and RxTools

Last edited by Cruzinats,

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've managed to install FBI.cia in my h&s with the emunand (thanks to the read.me actually lol) but I'm still trying to get the same error when attempting to install a .cia game, tried with multiple games.

Install failed!
TTCDF0JAPRFCIA.cia
source: SOURCE_FSFILE_WRITE (0x1c)
Module: MODULE_NN_AM (0x20)
Level: LEVEL_STATUS (0x19)
Summary: SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)
Description: <unknown> (0x1)

What could be wrong?

I'm on N3DS, 9.2 and RxTools
Since this tool worked as intended (you got FBI injected and running) this is a better question for the FBI thread, as you'll probably get better support there. Hope you get it working :)

Cruzinats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since this tool worked as intended (you got FBI injected and running) this is a better question for the FBI thread, as you'll probably get better support there. Hope you get it working :)
Aye, I'll try there and thanks, I've been on it for a couple of days now and it's kind of stressing me out.

Zappo23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using Decrypt9, I dumped hs.app (Health and Safety app) to the root of sd. Then I took it to the Decrypt9 folder, ran it thru the go.bat file along with the FBI.cia; and now I can load FBI on the H&S app. But then I try to put in the FBI.cia while the FBI is loaded; does that mean that I've already successfully injected the CIA and don't need to try anymore, ready to move to the next step? I've already done literally everything else; created the emunand, HBL, RxTools, etc., etc.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using Decrypt9, I dumped hs.app (Health and Safety app) to the root of sd. Then I took it to the Decrypt9 folder, ran it thru the go.bat file along with the FBI.cia; and now I can load FBI on the H&S app. But then I try to put in the FBI.cia while the FBI is loaded; does that mean that I've already successfully injected the CIA and don't need to try anymore, ready to move to the next step? I've already done literally everything else; created the emunand, HBL, RxTools, etc., etc.
As long as you can start FBI from the H&S application then you're good to go

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, well, I tried that, and every single time I search for it, the search engine omits "FBI" from the results for being too short.
Ah yeah, stupid GBA temp :P just google anything it omits (make sure to put the console's name in too, you get some weird results sometimes if you don't)

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, correct :). I also see you already answered that, and as you pointed out, I'm pretty sure profi200s compile would work as well:
https://github.com/profi200/Project_CTR/releases/download/0.13/makerom_013_ctrtool.zip
I'm on a 32-bit system trying to get this injection process to work, Whenever I try to inject FBI or Bigbluemenu into H&S and then try to load the app while running CakesFW, I just get an error screen and I have to restart the system. Injecting the original H&S app back in place on emunand works fine.

I figure the problem was the way UIG was building the injection apps, because I was getting the same errors in the log as the posters above. Even with profi200s compile of ctrtool, this problem still exists. I made sure to follow the instructions over and over again carefully.

RyanVashEngstrom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Yeah the emunand worked fine but it was a 1.2 gig dump instead of the 1.9 gig it was supposed to be I guess. So I ended up updating back to 10.3 re downloaded all my stuff and started over and now everything is perfect except for losing my activity log which I'm working on in another thread. Strange that I would get a wrong size nand dump with rxtools though.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the emunand worked fine but it was a 1.2 gig dump instead of the 1.9 gig it was supposed to be I guess. So I ended up updating back to 10.3 re downloaded all my stuff and started over and now everything is perfect except for losing my activity log which I'm working on in another thread. Strange that I would get a wrong size nand dump with rxtools though.
1. This is probably the wrong thread (looks like it was meant for the emuNAND9 thread)
2. rxTools is known to give bad NAND backups

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. nah I was responding to a post on last page just didn't want to have a 9 quote post lol.

2. That explains it.
Hmm, on second though, looking at it again, you got the correct size (1.2 GB is all that's used, but some consoles have a 1.9 GB chip, even that one only uses 1.2 GB but gateway dumps it as 1.9 GB)

RyanVashEngstrom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hmm, on second though, looking at it again, you got the correct size (1.2 GB is all that's used, but some consoles have a 1.9 GB chip, even that one only uses 1.2 GB but gateway dumps it as 1.9 GB)

Strange I wonder why decrypt9 or emunand9 couldn't work with it then. Oh well got my stuff back and got FBI installed and as long as I can get my activity log restored I'm all set.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Oh well, this will be long... Some of your problems may already be solved, but we need to start somewhere...

Try to replace CTRtool in this package with the one from this package. Most important, tell me if it works. Same for you, @Haise

You know that you need to be running CFW for the injected H&S app to work?

Check the Decrypt9 thread (my signature). Decrypt9 now has an official readme detailing all the entry points.

EmuNAND ready does mean that your SD card is ready for EmuNAND but does not have EmuNAND set up. Does your EmuNAND actually work?

Yes, I figured that out. That was indeed my stupid mistake. :(

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm on a 32-bit system trying to get this injection process to work, Whenever I try to inject FBI or Bigbluemenu into H&S and then try to load the app while running CakesFW, I just get an error screen and I have to restart the system. Injecting the original H&S app back in place on emunand works fine.

I figure the problem was the way UIG was building the injection apps, because I was getting the same errors in the log as the posters above. Even with profi200s compile of ctrtool, this problem still exists. I made sure to follow the instructions over and over again carefully.
You need to find a version of CTRtool that works... You can try the one from this package:
https://github.com/d0k3/3DS-Tools-Collection

You could also compile it yourself, to make sure it works on your system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ