Homebrew [Release] Inject any app into Health & Safety (O3DS/N3DS/CFW only)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 239,782
  • Replies 527
  • Likes 40

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to find a version of CTRtool that works... You can try the one from this package:
https://github.com/d0k3/3DS-Tools-Collection

You could also compile it yourself, to make sure it works on your system.

Luckily my brother's computer is 64-bit so this morning I was able to make the proper inject file just fine. Thank you so much for this tutorial.

D

Deleted User

Tried to inject FBI, looked like it all went smoothly, go to H&S app and it tells me to turn off the system. Tried both of the apps the program generated. Halp

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I installed FBI before I set up emunand and it works fine. Is there any pros to also injecting it into health safety?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tried to inject FBI, looked like it all went smoothly, go to H&S app and it tells me to turn off the system. Tried both of the apps the program generated. Halp
You're trying this from CFW, correct? The injected FBI will not work without signatures patched.

So, I installed FBI before I set up emunand and it works fine. Is there any pros to also injecting it into health safety?
Not really. As long as you don't need it you can leave things as they are.

raylgo

Trophies
XP
Country
You're trying this from CFW, correct? The injected FBI will not work without signatures patched.

I have the same problem and I'm opening the h and s app under cakes cfw...

I noticed on the second time I'm running the injector creator that an error message popped up on the command window... But it was able to create the file anyway so I thought it was fine. I'll try to get a copy of the error message later

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I noticed on the second time I'm running the injector creator that an error message popped up on the command window... But it was able to create the file anyway so I thought it was fine. I'll try to get a copy of the error message later
Make sure you have "patch signature checks" turned on in the patches menu in cakes

BlazeAxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So was trying to install on my own before seeing this guide so I tried to just install FBI to sysNAND using rxTools and it said it installed just fine but then I checked and it wound up deleting it.
So what's the easiest way to get H&S back?

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Well, you need to get rid of that error message. If you help testing, we can also get rid of it for future users. That error message only pops up on specific Windows configurations.

So was trying to install on my own before seeing this guide so I tried to just install FBI to sysNAND using rxTools and it said it installed just fine but then I checked and it wound up deleting it.
So what's the easiest way to get H&S back?
Oh well.... that's messed up. And, if any rxTools developer is reading up here - you should not enable users to inject unchecked apps into a system app. Do you have a backup of the old hs.app? Guess not. If you want to get it back (you have to, if you want to use this guide), you need to get the exact correct version of the original hs.app from somewhere. For example a friend with a same-type, same-FW, same-region 3DS. Or 3DNUS (but you need to ask in that thread). It should be best to ask this in the rxTools thread, though, as that issue should come up regularly for them.

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I used the decyrpt 9 for dump hs app and inject fbi, but my emunand cant boot (rxmode) I tried bigbluemenu cia but it didnt worked. Any help?
O3ds rxtools 9.2 emunand and sysnand.
Should I update to 10.3 emunand?

raylgo

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, you need to get rid of that error message. If you help testing, we can also get rid of it for future users. That error message only pops up on specific Windows configurations.

How do I help in that? I'll try borrowing another laptop and do the entire thing again... Should I upload the error messages?

CaptainPatate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone.
I used to follow this thread to install a CIA Installer (via BigBlueMenu). But after following the process, it failed : it says that i need to reboot the 3DS cause an error occured.
I use rxTools 2.6 and boot to sysNand to perfom this. The hs.app recover doesn't work.
I think the problem is in the "go.bat" : it successfully create 2 files (BigBlueMenu_inject_no_banner.app and BigBlueMenu_inject_with_banner.app), but in the cmd window, i have plenty errors, (This version of ...ctrtool.exe is not compatible with this version of Windows, blah blah, and many openning files errors and path error).

Will it be possible to recover the original hs.app ? And do you know what I done wrong ?
Thanks in advance !

EDIT : Forgot to mention that I run Windows 10 32-bits, should I switch on a 64-bit OS ?

Last edited by CaptainPatate,

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone.
I used to follow this thread to install a CIA Installer (via BigBlueMenu). But after following the process, it failed : it says that i need to reboot the 3DS cause an error occured.
I use rxTools 2.6 and boot to sysNand to perfom this. The hs.app recover doesn't work.
I think the problem is in the "go.bat" : it successfully create 2 files (BigBlueMenu_inject_no_banner.app and BigBlueMenu_inject_with_banner.app), but in the cmd window, i have plenty errors, (This version of ...ctrtool.exe is not compatible with this version of Windows, blah blah, and many openning files errors and path error).

Will it be possible to recover the original hs.app ? And do you know what I done wrong ?
Thanks in advance !

EDIT : Forgot to mention that I run Windows 10 32-bits, should I switch on a 64-bit OS ?
There is a problem with the tools included in the script only working on 32 bit OSes it is being worked on... also NEVER EVER inject things generated with this tool with rxTools, ONLY use Decrypt9 for that (the injection methods are different and can cause problems if you do things incorrectly)

Reactions: Shadowtrance

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still puzzles me why, in 2016 people STILL have 32bit only systems... haha
They're like I used to be and are too cheap to get a new system... Besides you can still make a nice PC out of a single core, 32 bit computer with 2 GB of RAM... You just won't be winning any awards haha

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
They're like I used to be and are too cheap to get a new system... Besides you can still make a nice PC out of a single core, 32 bit computer with 2 GB of RAM... You just won't be winning any awards haha
haha yeah true. I think my virtual machines probably have more power than some real systems people own lol
But anyway... seems it's an issue for a lot of ppl using this, i thought the ctrtool from profi's repo was x86 x64 compatible? (don't have a 32bit OS to test)...

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha yeah true. I think my virtual machines probably have more power than some real systems people own lol
But anyway... seems it's an issue for a lot of ppl using this, i thought the ctrtool from profi's repo was x86 x64 compatible? (don't have a 32bit OS to test)...
Supposed to be but it doesn't seem to work on 32 bit systems...

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I used the decyrpt 9 for dump hs app and inject fbi, but my emunand cant boot (rxmode) I tried bigbluemenu cia but it didnt worked. Any help?
O3ds rxtools 9.2 emunand and sysnand.
Should I update to 10.3 emunand?
How do I help in that? I'll try borrowing another laptop and do the entire thing again... Should I upload the error messages?
Hi everyone.

Thanks in advance !

I think all of you have the same problem, as @Shadowtrance & @dark_samus3 have already pointed out. I'd like to replace the CTRtool in this package with one that actually works for everyone, but I can't test as I'm on a 64-bit system. Could you try the one from here and tell me if it works?

Reactions: TR_mahmutpek

CaptainPatate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think all of you have the same problem, as @Shadowtrance & @dark_samus3 have already pointed out. I'd like to replace the CTRtool in this package with one that actually works for everyone, but I can't test as I'm on a 64-bit system. Could you try the one from here and tell me if it works?

I'll try. Did I need a proper version of h&s.app ?

And yes, my laptop still run Windows 32 bits, but it has a SD carder port, which is the only way for me te put files in my SD Card :(

EDIT : OK, now i have a proper banner with the new hs.app, and no error with go.bat (I switch on a 64-bit OS), but still, i've an error which force me to reboot the 3DS !

Last edited by CaptainPatate,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D