Hacking [Release] HEX-Flow Launcher - A 3d coverflow like launcher (VitaHEX Games)

VitaHEX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
A 3d coverflow like launcher for PS Vita.

screen_02.jpg

HexFlow Launcher features a 3d user interface to display your games with their box art and supports many customization options like custom covers and backgrounds.
Launching a game/app from HexFlow Launcher will close the launcher automaticaly without asking.

Custom Covers
Place your custom covers in "ux0:/data/HexFlow/COVERS/PSVITA/" or "../PSP/" or "../PSX/"
Cover images must be in png format and file name must match the App ID or the App Name of each app (recomended resolution 256x256px). Sample image
From v0.3 covers can be downloaded automatically from the settings menu (Start button). You can also download covers and backgrounds manually from the link below. A big thanks to astuermer for his contribution.
https://github.com/andiweli/hexflow-covers

Custom Background
Place your Background.png or Background.jpg image in "ux0:/data/HexFlow/" (recomended resolution 1280x720px or less)

Custom Music
Place your Music.mp3 file in "ux0:data/HexFlow/" (music will play automaticaly when the "Sounds" option is enabled)

AutoBoot
If you want to auto-launch HexFlow Launcher every time your PS Vita boots up you can use the AutoBoot plugin by Rinnegatamante.

Navigate your library using the DPad or the Left Stick or with the Touch Screen.
R/L triggers: Skip 5 items
Cross: Select/Launch game/app
Square: Change Category
Triangle: Game Details
Circle: Change View/Cancel
Start: Settings menu

Version 0.5:
  • Added option to manually change the category for each game (Preview menu)
  • Added option to hide the Homebrews category (Settings menu)
  • Added 1 new View option (3D Scroll Around)
  • Added 1 new translation (Swedish)
  • View mode is now saved when closing the launcher
  • Changed splash screen
  • Other bug fixes and improvements

Version 0.4:
  • Added PS1 Games Support (for PSX2PSP Bubbles)
  • Improved PSP Support (better GameID check)
  • Added background Music support (place your "Music.mp3" file in "ux0:data/HexFlow" folder)
  • Added Option to Change Language (German, French, Italian, Spanish, Russian)
  • Added Option to download covers for PSVita, PSP, PS1 separately (Settings menu)
  • Added Option to download only selected game cover (Preview menu)
  • Improved Reflection Effect
  • Improved Preview screen

Version 0.3.1 (hotfix):
  • Added 2 new theme colors (purple, orange)
  • Fixed centered text placement (thanks to Creckeryop)
  • Fixed issue that displays app names in two lines
  • Fixed "error 257" regarding path names

Version 0.3:

• Added option to Download Covers (Settings menu)
  • Images are now loaded async (thanks to Creckeryop)
  • Startup time now takes ~4 seconds thanks to async
  • Added 1 new View option (3D Side view)
  • Improved Details page
  • Fixed fonts

Version 0.2.1 (hotfix):
  • Fixed error if no games where found
Version 0.2:
  • Added support for PSP adrenaline bubbles (App ID must be "PSPEMUxxx")
  • Added PSP 3d boxes
  • Added Settings menu (Start button)
  • Added 1 new View option (Big view)Fixed the Categories button (now it changes instantly) Reflection effect can be disabled (Settings menu)
  • Added option to change the theme color (Settings menu)
  • Added option to set the startup category (Settings menu)
  • Changed font to support more characters including Japanese
  • Improved performance

** IMPORTANT **
For PSP or PS1 bubbles generated by Adrenaline Bubbles Manager you must set the value of BubbleID to TitleID in the settings menu of ABM tool.

For PSX2PSP, game folder name must match with the GameID. For example "ux0: pspemu/PSP/GAME/SLES01234".
Subfolders and psp categories plugin are not supported.

Downloads

Grab the latest version from the Releases page HERE

Credits
Programming/UI: Sakis RG
Developed with Lua Player Plus by Rinnegatamante

Special Thanks
Creckeryop
andiweli
(HEXFlow Covers database)

Translations
French - @chronoss
German - @stuermerandreas
Spanish - @kodyna91
Italian - @TheheroGAC
Russian - @_novff
Swedish - @Spoxnus86

Attachments

• 2020-10-24-015126.jpg
    2020-10-24-015126.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 1,048
Last edited by VitaHEX,

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks Great. Will there be support for Japanese games at some point? As my Trails games and Zanki Zero all have random Boxes instead of their letters, currently... Not a big deal but my OCD is intensifying.

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Thanks a lot, hope to try it :) and if someone can make a package for covers ;)

Congratulations on the initial release! Looking forward to the future update that automatically downloads covers and associates them with installed titles. Brings back memories of the Wii.
Good idea :)

Last edited by chronoss,

enigma85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been adding covers in png format and under 256x256 and none show up.

also is the blue vita box border on the top required on the cover images? or do I need to cut them off to look good?

*FIXED* Uninstalled and reinstalled and covers now show up. Figured out the blue vita logo as well since it works. (Got me about 100 more games to go, 54 down. lol)

Can you add a way to sort by title name and let the app open to a specific category of our choice? This is one beautiful menu for my vita!! thanks!!

Last edited by enigma85,
Reactions: chronoss

VitaHEX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Looks Great. Will there be support for Japanese games at some point? As my Trails games and Zanki Zero all have random Boxes instead of their letters, currently... Not a big deal but my OCD is intensifying.

I haven't tested this with Japanese games but you can try replacing the font located at "ux0:app/HXFL00001/DATA/font.ttf" with your own font.ttf that supports more characters.

Can you add a way to sort by title name and let the app open to a specific category of our choice? This is one beautiful menu for my vita!! thanks!!

Yes you can specify to open to a specific category at launch by editing the index.lua file located at "ux0:app/HXFL00001/". Using VitaShell edit this file and modify line "60" and set the "showCat = 1" to list only the games. Setting it to 0 lists everything.

Remember this is the first alpha version many things will change in the future. Feel free to post your ideas and suggestions.

Reactions: chronoss

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tested this with Japanese games but you can try replacing the font located at "ux0:app/HXFL00001/DATA/font.ttf" with your own font.ttf that supports more characters.

Yes you can specify to open to a specific category at launch by editing the index.lua file located at "ux0:app/HXFL00001/". Using VitaShell edit this file and modify line "60" and set the "showCat = 1" to list only the games. Setting it to 0 lists everything.

Remember this is the first alpha version many things will change in the future. Feel free to post your ideas and suggestions.
Worked. Thanks. Would it be possible to somehow remove the part that notes which game I am looking at out of the total number, though? If the game titles are long enough they seem to overlap with those numbers. I am referring to the numbers that say Game 1 out of 20 or so on

Last edited by Shenrai,

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would it be possible as to make this launcher auto open or make it the default ui when booting the psvita?

sorry if it's a stupid question

W00fer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla
Would it be possible to support N64 titles with the custom bubble option developed by Rinnegatamante?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Would it be possible to have it launch the custom bubbles for N64 titles made by Rinnegatamante?

Reactions: nowhereman87

powgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i use psvsd , and the launcher crashes on boot with "An error occurred: [string"?"]:157 :error opening sfo file:" anybody know how to make this work?
thanks

Last edited by powgar,
Reactions: W00fer

darkskyVN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've been adding covers in png format and under 256x256 and none show up.

also is the blue vita box border on the top required on the cover images? or do I need to cut them off to look good?

*FIXED* Uninstalled and reinstalled and covers now show up. Figured out the blue vita logo as well since it works. (Got me about 100 more games to go, 54 down. lol)

Hi, Do we need remove blue border?

darkskyVN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
no. if you do you'll need to add some extra pixels as HexFlow places a blue vita on top of the pic. I tried removing a few and the blue vita border cut off the title. so it needs to be on there.
If we hold the blue border and resize pic to 256x256px, It will look fat horizontally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over