Hacking [Release] Haxchi Installer 1.2 (Noob friendly)

Greggen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question. If HBL is updated does haxchi need to be updated with new mp4 as well? Or does this hack not use the same mp4-exploit as the web hosting thingy?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just a quick question. If HBL is updated does haxchi need to be updated with new mp4 as well? Or does this hack not use the same mp4-exploit as the web hosting thingy?
Haxchi doesn't work with the mp4 exploit.
It uses a different exploit, and afaik this method already has support for the newest HBL 1.4

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do we update to the latest version? Apparently some RetroArch cores don't work with this? @vickdu31

Haxchi doesn't work with the mp4 exploit.
It uses a different exploit, and afaik this method already has support for the newest HBL 1.4

What about those who installed it to SysNAND (the VC exploit)? Surely it's easy to update Haxchi? Heard some RPX emulators don't work.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

vickdu31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
How do we update to the latest version? Apparently some RetroArch cores don't work with this? @vickdu31
What about those who installed it to SysNAND (the VC exploit)? Surely it's easy to update Haxchi? Heard some RPX emulators don't work.
My script contains the latest Haxchi updates from FIX94, you can check his github. It supports HBL 1.4 so if something is not working straign from button press, try going to HBL first and see if it work from there. You can update your HBL to 1.4

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My script contains the latest Haxchi updates from FIX94, you can check his github. It supports HBL 1.4 so if something is not working straign from button press, try going to HBL first and see if it work from there. You can update your HBL to 1.4

I do have my HBL updated to 1.4

What I'm referring to is some people are loading an RPX version of an emulator here http://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-wiiu-wip.447670/page-50#post-6845920 and say it doesn't work. If I updated my HBL to 1.4, despite using the 1.0/1.1 installer, I should be fine?

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country

vickdu31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do not use 1.0 or 1.1. Does it work from HBL or not ?
Does it work from loadiine.ovh HBL ?

I would ask @AlanLC about that. Now, I used that installer before 1.1.1 came out, how do I update the one I already have? The problem is I used this before the most recent installer? Surely it's easy to update this, right? Already have the icons, boot_sound, etc uploaded, I just want to know how to update, if I need to.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I would ask @AlanLC about that. Now, I used that installer before 1.1.1 came out, how do I update the one I already have? The problem is I used this before the most recent installer? Surely it's easy to update this, right? Already have the icons, boot_sound, etc uploaded, I just want to know how to update, if I need to.
If you already have v1.7 of Haxchi installed, you don't need to update anything.
The only thing being updated here is the installer itself, not haxchi.

If another version of Haxchi does come out after 1.7, all you need to do is simply reupload the rom.zip file, which is the main exploit, everything else can be as it is (icons, TGA, boot sound, etc)

Reactions: vickdu31

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you already have v1.7 of Haxchi installed, you don't need to update anything.
The only thing being updated here is the installer itself, not haxchi.

Well, I haven't seen anything newer than 1.7, hopefully it's the one I'm one; I don't remember any other versions I messed with. Okay, I can try that RPX emulator core and boot it up to see it it works :P

vickdu31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually even 1.0 already had 1.7. If you installed succesfully using 1.0 or 1.1 then you don't need to do anything.
1.1.1 just fixed some problem for some games/people that could not install. I will update to 1.2 once fix94 update to 1.8 but I don't think we need a new update right now.
Maybe just to support additional games.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Actually even 1.0 already had 1.7. If you installed succesfully using 1.0 or 1.1 then you don't need to do anything.
1.1.1 just fixed some problem for some games/people that could not install. I will update to 1.2 once fix94 update to 1.8 but I don't think we need a new update right now.
Maybe just to support additional games.
Even FIX himself said that he would stick to v1.7 as it is right now since he feels like it is stable and has a good amount of compatibility with DS games available at the moment:
just so you know, I will stick with v1.7 for now, I think it is at a point where it is running nicely and supporting a good range of games total.

naughty_cat

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Button shortcuts don't work for me... I can only use the haxchi icon to launch fw.img (That's what I set to default in config.txt), but nothing other than the default could be loaded, any one have any idea why???

D

Deleted User

Dude, it works! I just redownloaded Brain Training with latest ver. and tried again. :D

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dead air bootSound.btsnd. When installing, just replace your \files\icon\hbl\bootSound.btsnd with this one and say "y" to installing the HBC sound if you want no sound at all instead. Feel free to bundle it if you want to create an option in Haxchi Installer 1.2.

javiliyors

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
here is my edited tga for a haxchi installer:

Code:
https://mega.nz/#!Mo50xYqT!GMyBr14z6lqi-A1HOn2564NCtTKN2dIX_EZmZBWJF9c

tRDFdKr.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat