ROM Hack [Release] FE: Fates Playable Bosses DLC Collection

Roythekids5

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Decrypt9 isn't needed at all unless you're pulling apart the actual rom itself or official dlc. You could just use mine or Deathchaos' as templates since neither are encrypted.
I got stuck there on that then how i would open the dlc to replace files?

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know but after fixing Severa will you make more Custom DLC Units? i dont know something like the fanart characters or try to do Layla? I hear someone was going to do it
In other news

i got the awkward need of putting Marth face on Lucina Short Hair via paint like Pr. Marth of Awakening with animations of Lodestar and make the custom version of that and do it like smash TOO MANY MARTH CLONES i want to do it but i cant use Decrypt9 to make a Custom DLC
View attachment 65264
View attachment 65263View attachment 65266

That Marth looks extremely awkward as a dark mage. his neck.. Yikes..

Anyhow, I'm looking to make my own custom DLC in the near future. Its my OC, which might not be all that interesting, but I'm going to try to make him as legit as possible.

I also plan on doing Towel!Niles in the future..

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got stuck there on that then how i would open the dlc to replace files?
Asia81's packhack or ctrtool. But I'd use the packhack if I were you since it's easier for people who don't know exactly what to enter into command line for ctrtool. You have to use ctrtool for repacking the dlc though since it allows for more flexibility.

Roythekids5

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That Marth looks extremely awkward as a dark mage. his neck.. Yikes..

Anyhow, I'm looking to make my own custom DLC in the near future. Its my OC, which might not be all that interesting, but I'm going to try to make him as legit as possible.

I also plan on doing Towel!Niles in the future..
It's Awakening it needs to be awkward

TildeHat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That Marth looks extremely awkward as a dark mage. his neck.. Yikes...

Yeah, all Incarnations of Marth in Awakening use Masked Marth's head. Which is female. And Marth uses male models which are larger than female models(besides Lodestar which is just Lucina's Lord model). You should see Berserker !Marth.

Roythekids5

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Asia81's packhack or ctrtool. But I'd use the packhack if I were you since it's easier for people who don't know exactly what to enter into command line for ctrtool. You have to use ctrtool for repacking the dlc though since it allows for more flexibility.
So... now i can try it to edit? i think i made something wrong but inside are the files of your custom DLC v1
upload_2016-10-6_19-49-3.png

Omegablu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... now i can try it to edit? i think i made something wrong but inside are the files of your custom DLC v1
View attachment 65268
Get the romfs for the dlc with packhack, then extract with Romfsextractor. If you don't then any file with a Japanese file name will be given a messed up file name (usually a bunch of #'s).

Roythekids5

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Get the romfs for the dlc with packhack, then extract with Romfsextractor. If you don't then any file with a Japanese file name will be given a messed up file name (usually a bunch of #'s).
Got it
upload_2016-10-6_20-15-10.png

I found the hair of Lucina some white marks like the reflect of the light are everything on the texture that means then i could manipulate the hair color?
Via code? like on FEFTWiddler that have some codes on the hair section?

Omegablu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it
View attachment 65269
I found the hair of Lucina some white marks like the reflect of the light are everything on the texture that means then i could manipulate the hair color?
Via code? like on FEFTWiddler that have some codes on the hair section?
Any character's hair model texture color can be overridden by specifying any hex color in the AID except FF FF FF. So you could change Garon's hair to be pink for example.

KuroKitsune

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh boy, 372 files in hex to work through which ones I need. T^T dammit guys, stop clobbering all of the units in 1 entry.

As I mentioned in the FEFTwiddler thread @Omegablu this is what I have figured out so far:

??? (Should be unchanged from V1)
GameData/Person/UNKNOWN05.bin.lz

This is the V2 stuff I figured out so far:
Pegasus Knight Class
GameData/Job/Cordelia.bin.lz

Silent Dragon Class
GameData/Job/CLAS.bin.lz

Have a feeling there's more, assets for Shadow Human Anankos
face/face/SHADOWANANKO_st.arc
face/face/SHADOWANANKO_bu.arc
face/FaceDataShadowAnankos.bin.lz
GameData/Person/ANANKOS28.bin.lz
GameData/Person/ANANKOSHU.bin.lz

Last edited by KuroKitsune,

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Revieving this thread because I've encountered a strange bug.

In the mess hall, it is possible for "???" to show up when people are reacting to food. he doesn't show up in the units list, but he still tries to react. Very strange. I actually never recruited him either, since I don't like him as a unit. I haven't had this happen with the endgame bosses though, and I've been testing extensively.

Also this thread is my favorite, live again, thread

Last edited by EmblemCrossing,

Omegablu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Revieving this thread because I've encountered a strange bug.

In the mess hall, it is possible for "???" to show up when people are reacting to food. he doesn't show up in the units list, but he still tries to react. Very strange. I actually never recruited him either, since I don't like him as a unit. I haven't had this happen with the endgame bosses though, and I've been testing extensively.

Also this thread is my favorite, live again, thread
Yeah... Life and Hyrule Warriors Legends have pulled me away from Fates for a while. I'll get back into this eventually.

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... Life and Hyrule Warriors Legends have pulled me away from Fates for a while. I'll get back into this eventually.
Don't worry man, life does that. That's why I haven't been adding much to my dialogue sheet. But I still check for bugs when I can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo