Homebrew [Release] DSi Downgrader: Easily Downgrade Any DSi To 1.4!

Did it work for you?

• It did!

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • No, but I asked for help in the thread or sent a PM.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I got it working with a bit of help.

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
done that whats next
Insert your SD card into your computer. You should see a new folder with a bunch of seemingly meaningless characters as it's name. Inside that folder you should see a nand_dsi.bin as well as a CID.bin.

Did you already dump your Console ID (not CID)?

D

Deleted User

Insert your SD card into your computer. You should see a new folder with a bunch of seemingly meaningless characters as it's name. Inside that folder you should see a nand_dsi.bin as well as a CID.bin.

Did you already dump your Console ID (not CID)?
whats a console ID?

dpad_5678

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Insert your SD card back into your DSi, go to Data Management, and copy the DSi Browser to your SD card.

Download the file I attached below, extract the zip file, and insert your SD card into your computer, and copy the file named 484e4745.bin from SD:/private/ds/title/ to the same directory as dsi_srl_extract.exe. Run the following command in the same directory as dsi_srl_extract.exe:

dsi_srl_extract.exe --basename=DSIBROWSER 484e4745.bin

You will now have a .footer file. Open that in HxD.

From @ThisIsDaAccount 's guide:
12. Open the .footer file with the name of your DSiWare in your hex editor. Look for the TW#############-############ in the text window. Copy the 16 characters after the dash into a text file and name it “Console ID.txt”.

Attachments

• SRLExtractor.zip
    16.7 KB · Views: 186
Last edited by dpad_5678,
D

Deleted User

Insert your SD card back into your DSi, go to Data Management, and copy the DSi Browser to your SD card.

Download the file I attached below, extract the zip file, and insert your SD card into your computer, and copy the file named 484e4745.bin from SD:/private/ds/title/ to the same directory as dsi_srl_extract.exe. Run the following command in the same directory as dsi_srl_extract.exe:

You will now have a .footer file. Open that in HxD.
where is "dsi_srl_extract.exe" ?

dpad_5678

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, good. Keep that somewhere safe. Follow this guide up to decrypting your NAND and mounting it, as I feel it would do a much better job than me at explaining the remaining steps than I would. After you've successfully mounted your NAND, follow the steps in the first post of this thread to downgrade your console.

D

Deleted User

Alright, good. Keep that somewhere safe. Follow this guide up to decrypting your NAND and mounting it, as I feel it would do a much better job than me at explaining the remaining steps than I would. After you've successfully mounted your NAND, follow the steps in the first post of this thread to downgrade your console.
ok thanks.

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is my CID (not console id) in the CID.bin?
Your CID is the hex code of the CID.bin. To get it in a text file, open it in a hex editor and copy all of the pairs of characters into your text editor, then delete the spaces.

If you want, follow the guide in my signature and after section 2 use the tool in the OP to finish your downgrading process.

Reactions: dpad_5678

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • cearp @ cearp:
    If you have a daily kroger cake habit, $35 x 30, runs just over $1,000 a month. ouch
  • cearp @ cearp:
    On a real note, must be better value at costco
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but still, if I knew was gonna be that much, would have made myself. But it does look nice with name on it and all that jazz. Mine would of been plain, with hard candy sprinkles.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea we shop/ like Costco also, should of went there instead.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, We do have Costco's in the UK, but only in some areas.
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    the bakery section smells good, but I wish the ingredients list on their items were simpler
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @SylverReZ costco in the UK is only available to certain people, not everyone is eligible

- in the USA anyone is able to buy the membership
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its nice if you can afford, and have space at home, to buy in large quantities. We most!y buy TP, paper towels, that kind of stuff there
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    We're planning on getting membership cards.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss our dillions which was a Kroger subsidiary got turned into a juvie court house or something
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, TP? I need TP for my bunghole.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What kind of dictatorship says you can't shop at a grocery store lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I watched them last night, stupid, but still Funny after all these years.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf like bigonya said costs only worth it if you got a big family otherwise you're Walmart bitch
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Its as if Costco only rules on communism.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or for like big cookouts, parties, etc they good to shop, but yea if only one or two in house, Wal-Mart it is. But membership is only like $60 a year so cheap really considering.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Costco cards are global like if you go to another country and can still use it there
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Who needs a passport I got my costco port
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ask yo boyfriend Juan.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's. A Mexico port and I don't want to shop in Mexico
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You don't like donkey hot dogs?
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    What is Costco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wholesale grocery store. Everything is in like 64 packs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ramen bowels are better than ramen cups
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ramen bowels are better than ramen cups