Homebrew [Release] DSi Downgrader: Easily Downgrade Any DSi To 1.4!

Did it work for you?

• It did!

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • No, but I asked for help in the thread or sent a PM.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I got it working with a bit of help.

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

This worked fine on my DSi XL. (1.4.5 > 1.4.0)
It's pretty swell.

It also got rid of that stupid 3DS Transfer Tool, which is also pretty swell.

Reactions: dpad_5678
D

Deleted User

yes i know it's usa
Correct. I suppose I should've mentioned that.
I suppose it would work fine with any other region (the only thing that changes is the folder names in the NAND), though I can't check to make sure myself.

leratrad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, @dpad_5678, how are you doing?

Used your batchfile to update my nand dump with the titles (and their specific version) as listed on the original post.

Encrypted the nand, added the footer, and tried running it under no$gba, but the version number still shows up as 1.4.5U. Is this normal? Will I see 1.4U once I flash the modified dump back to my DSi?

Got the titles via NUS Downloader v19, and am using TWL Tool v1.6 to decrypt/re-encrypt my nand dump. My non-XL DSi is US region.

Thanks in advance for the help!

upload_2017-8-28_2-26-33.png

Reactions: CatmanFan

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Encrypted the nand, added the footer, and tried running it under no$gba, but the version number still shows up as 1.4.5U. Is this normal? Will I see 1.4U once I flash the modified dump back to my DSi?

The script tries to downgrade the version number, so I wouldn't expect it to show 1.4.5

It's irrelevant what the version number says though. What you need to know is if the launcher/whitelist & system settings has been downgraded properly & you can only tell that by trying a blocked flash cart or copying a hacked save. Looking at the version number cannot tell you anything about that.

I would guess that something failed and the script doesn't catch it, you're much better off doing it by hand.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: leratrad

leratrad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The EUR v2 script tries to downgrade the version number, so I wouldn't expect it to show 1.4.5

However the version number is irrelevant, it's whether the exploits work or not that is important. You can just downgrade the version number without doing anything else, it's just a number.

Thanks for the reply! Just found out that I'd need to also downgrade the version data app (titles/0003000f/484e4c45) to v4 if I wanted the version number to display 1.4U.

Flashed the nand dump back into my DSi, and I can verify that my blocked flashcart (a Chinese R4 clone) works again :)

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply! Just found out that I'd need to also downgrade the version data app (titles/0003000f/484e4c45) to v4 if I wanted the version number to display 1.4U.

I had a quick look in the script and it looks like it should attempt to do that itself, however it doesn't really do any error checking so if you didn't download all the titles or you downloaded the wrong version then it won't be downgraded. The original guide didn't bother with the version so it is kinda irrelevant. It's not fully downgraded to 1.4 anyway, you still have 1.4.5 camera for example.

Someone could downgrade the version number without downgrading anything else, so people need to learn to not take any notice of the version number. If you had sudokuhax installed you might skip downgrading system settings, instead opting to downgrade launcher and installing a custom rocket launcher white list. No way to tell that by looking at a version number.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: leratrad

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, @dpad_5678, how are you doing?

Used your batchfile to update my nand dump with the titles (and their specific version) as listed on the original post.

Got the titles via NUS Downloader v19, and am using TWL Tool v1.6 to decrypt/re-encrypt my nand dump. My non-XL DSi is US region.

Thanks in advance for the help!

View attachment 97038
The tool also downgrades the version data so it's a complete downgrade. Are you sure you download the correct title versions, and selected the "Keep Decrypted Contents as .app" ? Also, the script must be ran from somewhere on the C:/ drive (preferably in the User folder, so special permissions aren't needed). I also have yet to add any error handling or debugging, so a success message is shown whether the process was actually successful or not. Are you sure you mounted your NAND as Read/Write?

Last edited by dpad_5678,

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't have a hardmod is it possivle to use a nintendo ds flashcart to dump your dsi nand?
No, (almost) all flashcarts run in DS mode meaning all DSi functions, features, hardware, software, protocols, or services are immediately locked out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: impossible thing accomplished today lol +1