Homebrew [No Longer Working] Community freeShop fork - open source eShop alternative

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I am downloading in bulk, say 100+ games, after the 20th game or so, freeshop will stop downloading the rest of the games in the queue. Another issue I experience is that when I start to delete the "installed" games in the queue, if a game is downloading, seemingly at random freeshop will just crash. Does anyone else experience these two bugs?

You're taxing the 3DS memory resources. Download less games per a single run session (under 20), exit out of freeShop, and download some more again. People will snicker at you for having hording issues, but if that's what you want to do with all the games available, shoot go for it.

I've crashed freeShop before doing exactly what you did when I was mass collecting Virtual Consoles. You should probably not stress freeShop downloading and deleting games at the same time. Only do one action at any given moment. Remember, doing both is telling the 3DS to read AND write data to the SD card at the same time. This is hard on the card and 3DS sd reader with its limited ~1.90 MB/s ?? transfer rate.

D

Deleted User

You're taxing the 3DS memory resources. Download less games per a single run session (under 20), exit out of freeShop, and download some more again. People will snicker at you for having hording issues, but if that's what you want to do with all the games available, shoot go for it.

I've crashed freeShop before doing exactly what you did when I was mass collecting Virtual Consoles. You should probably not stress freeShop downloading and deleting games at the same time. Only do one action at any given moment. Remember, doing both is telling the 3DS to read AND write data to the SD card at the same time. This is hard on the card and 3DS sd reader with its limited ~1.90 MB/s ?? transfer rate.
Thanks for the advice. Funnily enough, I was also just mass hording Virtual Console Games.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Wizardkoer

Wii Veteran - 17
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I changed my US Old 3DS to EU, and updated to latest 11.6 E. When I try sleep mode downloads on Freeshop it doesn't work and says something along the lines of the system being needed to be updated to the latest version. Switching back to 11.6 U rids of the error and works fine. I should also mention eShop doesn't work after the region change. Any fix on this? I need the this 3DS to be on E region as I use Download Play to play with friends.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I changed my US Old 3DS to EU, and updated to latest 11.6 E. When I try sleep mode downloads on Freeshop it doesn't work and says something along the lines of the system being needed to be updated to the latest version. Switching back to 11.6 U rids of the error and works fine. I should also mention eShop doesn't work after the region change. Any fix on this? I need the this 3DS to be on E region as I use Download Play to play with friends.
The eshop won't work after a region change, it's a known limitation. That's the reason why the sleep mode doesn't work, because it uses the eshop sleep feature of your console region which don't work because of your region change.
The normal download should work though.

Merlisdo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can someone please help me, i'm on 4.1.1 and whenever I try to down
load anything I get "An Exception Occured" crash, Processor ARM11, Exception Type: data abort, Fault status: Translation - Section. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hey,

Freeshop works fine with my 32gb SD card. Today i bought a 64gb card format it to fat32 64kb cluster size and copy the content from 32gb to 64gb. Everything works just fine, i can play my installed games and so on...

But freeshop crash every time if i try to install or update a game with the same Error message ive quoted.

Exception Type: data abort, Fault status: Translation - Section

I tried to reinstall freeshop but nothing changed, same crash.

Anybody knows how to fix it ?

Sd Card is Samsung Ultra 64GB.

THX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today i bought a 64gb card format it to fat32 64kb cluster size and copy the content from 32gb to 64gb.
THX

Do not use 64 KB cluster size for cards smaller than 128 GB. You have a high probability running into incompatibles.

For cards that are at minimum with capacity of 128 GB, use 64 KB cluster only if 32 KB is too slow AND if AGB_FIRM (GBA Virtual Console) and nds-bootstrap (TWLoader) are graphical glitch-free.

Edit - Apologies if that comes across rude @Merlisdo. That's not my intention. I'm trying to prevent future users from repeating the same mistaken if they read this.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Bondgirl85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to download the title key from this website removed using the QR code and it just crashes the app and kicks me out and it still won't recognize the title key.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong because I am following the instructions.

I even tried this video and it worked for the man in it but not for me.

Removed

Last edited by Bondgirl85,

ClassyDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to download the title key from this website "link" using the QR code and it just crashes the app and kicks me out and it still won't recognize the title key.

I am not sure what I am doing wrong because I am following the instructions.

I even tried this video and it worked for the man in it but not for me.

If the QR fails, you could always try manually entering the website URL. If that doesn't work, there might be something wrong with the app, so you could try reinstalling it.

Last edited by ClassyDragon,

ClassyDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:!: I'm not sure if that YouTube video falls under the rule, or if there's a certain degrees of separation.

I'll remove it just in case lol thanks again

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It worked. I just used the QR code on this page and tried it again and it worked. Maybe I had downloaded the outdated version. This stuff is tricky because of all these updates and the older versions stay online and so do the tutorials.
That's why it's better to avoid video guides if you can. My guess is that the picture you took of the QR code was bad, but I'm not too sure

Bondgirl85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the QR fails, you could always try manually entering the website URL. If that doesn't work, there might be something wrong with the app, so you could try reinstalling it.

It worked. I just used the QR code on this page and tried it again and it worked. Maybe I had downloaded the outdated version. This stuff is tricky because of all these updates and the older versions stay online and so do the tutorials.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, can you edit out the link and youtube video from your post? The moderators are very keen about this touchy subject. This website forum doesn't condone hosting certain copyright materials. I'm trying to look out for you. Everyone trips up their first time in this, so it's an easy mistake to make.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Bondgirl85 , here's where you post editing.
Edit_Post.png

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny