Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I generated a seeddb.bin and got one from that site but it did not work cause there missing the id for the game
We can't magically provide a seeddb that has the game you're trying to install in it (Especially since you still haven't even told us what game you're trying to install...). You will need to keep looking until you find a seeddb that contains the game you're trying to install. This isn't a limitation or bug in CIAngel, so we can't really help you further.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes. Themes are still deleted.

Even if you have the legitimate .tik file or such they will still be deleted.

If you want persisting themes use CHMM2 by Rinnegatamante

There's also a way to get the eshop themes for use if you know where to look.
:( That's unfortunate. Guess I will need to keep reinstalling then. (Don't like CHMM2's UI).

paradox355

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am getting an error when trying to compile, using the latest commit (279153a). Here's the error from Make:
Code:
source/cia.c:84:8: error: too few arguments to function 'AM_FinishCiaInstall'
  res = AM_FinishCiaInstall(handle);
        ^
In file included from /home/wayne/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds.h:30:0,
                 from source/utils.h:19,
                 from source/lib.h:39,
                 from source/cia.c:19:
/home/wayne/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds/services/am.h:81:8: note: declared here
Result AM_FinishCiaInstall(u8 mediatype, Handle *ciaHandle);

It looks like line 84 in cia.c the call to AM_FinishCiaInstall is missing the first arg.

Here's that section from cia.c:
Code:
    if (R_FAILED(res))
    {
        printf("Error finishing CIA install.\n");
    }

Any suggestions?

Last edited by paradox355,

Gocario

GBAFail'd
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am getting an error when trying to compile, using the latest commit (279153a). Here's the error from Make:
Code:
source/cia.c:84:8: error: too few arguments to function 'AM_FinishCiaInstall'
        ^
In file included from /home/wayne/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds.h:30:0,
                 from source/utils.h:19,
                 from source/lib.h:39,
                 from source/cia.c:19:
/home/wayne/devkitPro/libctru/include/3ds/services/am.h:81:8: note: declared here
Result AM_FinishCiaInstall(u8 mediatype, Handle *ciaHandle);

It looks like line 84 in cia.c the call to AM_FinishCiaInstall is missing the first arg.

Here's that section from cia.c:
Code:
    if (R_FAILED(res))
    {
        printf("Error finishing CIA install.\n");
    }

Any suggestions?
CIAngel is based on an oldest commit of ctrulib: https://github.com/smealum/ctrulib/...f541#diff-e929320527f19526d7fd64e2c95a107aL81

D

Deleted User

Would anyone mind building the latest commit and upload it? :P sorry, I just am in LOVE with this app!

paradox355

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you!
It was looking like my library was different. I was just using the latest release of ctrulib. I'll compile the latest commit and use that.

If that works I'll submit a readme update pull request.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Would anyone mind building the latest commit and upload it? :P sorry, I just am in LOVE with this app!

Are you referring to CIAngel or ctrulib?

Last edited by paradox355,
Reactions: Deleted User

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Haha fair enough
By the way, just a little observation:
When searching for shovel knight, both shovel knight [EUR] and shovel knight update [EUR] is shown.
However, when I download shovel knight (and even after opening the eshop page) there's no update request.
Would it be safe to assume that when we download from the CDN that we download the latest version?
yes we do download the latest version of the GAME, but this is rarely updated.
most of the time, nintendo releases updates. separate to the game. but yes, rarely the actual game is updated and you will neeto fully redownload the game.

if an uodate exists and you didn't download it... the 3ds should tell you when you launch the game

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What? No. CIAngel requires a newer ctrulib build than @paradox355 is running, it requires the latest version of ctrulib to be able to build.

The latest commit just removes features that have no future in the tool, so it isn't really worth a build just for it. I'm not sure how @cearp feels about unofficial builds floating around in the thread, but I personally don't like it (We then have to support something that is _supposed_ to just be a build of the code, but who knows if it's been changed?). I'd recommend just waiting for the latest build once cearp wakes up/gets around to building a release.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Just a quick question, is there a program we can use to make cia files from stuff that we already have on our 3ds. Only asking as i have lots of games/apps on a 3ds and i have bought another, and would be easier to just get the games from the 3ds rather than using lots of tickets etc.
sd contents are encrypted, we need to generate xorpads, it's no fun. it's possible but inthink there is little interest in converting sd stuff to cia, interesting but no

So this is a theoretical question: We know the titleid of Howling Theme Tool cias (its somewhere in the thread), namely the one used for the Mario & Friends theme. If I were to obtain the key for the aforementioned theme (HTT makes the cias regional) and generated a ticket with it and then installed it using FBI, would the themes be removed if I accessed the eShop?
title id of htt?
that tool uses the same theme title id that nintendo does. it has to, otherwise they wouldn't be recognized... right?
if the themes get wiped when you go to eshop, I'm not sure. test it.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
yeah luCIAfermwas strange enough, let's just work together, if someone thinks something i do is a bad idea (like removing input.txt support) just tell me!
i'll release 0.5 when we get a new feature.
do you guys want ticket generation? (=without cia making or direct cia install)
it's good for downloading via eshop so it's a good idea.
what about ticket installing, with no option whether to dump the ticket to install later, it just installs now? I think that is a simpler choice.

Can we download themes and DLC as well?
yes. not through search i think, but if you type the id and key, yes

paradox355

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What? No. CIAngel requires a newer ctrulib build than @paradox355 is running, it requires the latest version of ctrulib to be able to build.

@Drakia I figured it out. I looked at the latest commit and could tell that's what I wanted. I'm able to build CIAngel no problem now. I misinterpreted the build dependencies in the readme. I thought it meant latest release, even though that word is not there at all. lol

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Drakia I figured it out. I looked at the latest commit and could tell that's what I wanted. I'm able to build CIAngel no problem now. I misinterpreted the build dependencies in the readme. I thought it meant latest release, even though that word is not there at all. lol
I'm actually surprised there hasn't been another "release" of libctru, there's so many changes since the last one that everything is going to break unless devs are keeping on top of the latest manual builds

Reactions: cearp
D

Deleted User

yeah luCIAfermwas strange enough, let's just work together, if someone thinks something i do is a bad idea (like removing input.txt support) just tell me!
i'll release 0.5 when we get a new feature.
do you guys want ticket generation? (=without cia making or direct cia install)
it's good for downloading via eshop so it's a good idea.
what about ticket installing, with no option whether to dump the ticket to install later, it just installs now? I think that is a simpler choice.

yes. not through search i think, but if you type the id and key, yes
Please don't get rid of input.txt! At least not yet! When I searched for a CIA that wasn't in the wings.json file, it didn't show up! But when I used the input option, I was able to download what I needed right away! Please readd that feature! Just map it to the Select button or somewhere else since it's one of the least used options but still a good one to have!

Reactions: GeorgeAnton

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I was able to download hyrule warrior and SSB DLC right now, but I cant figure out how to download themes. I dont know how to find its title id and keys
themes are just dlc. let us know if the cia code can handle that many content files.
it's a good test for the app.

Please don't get rid of input.txt! At least not yet! When I searched for a CIA that wasn't in the wings.json file, it didn't show up! But when I used the input option, I was able to download what I needed right away! Please readd that feature! Just map it to the Select button or somewhere else since it's one of the least used options but still a good one to have!
you created the text file, or entered the title id and key using the keyboard, on the 3ds?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Could you increase the number of results for the search? Tried looking forTri Force Heroes and it's
1: demo usa
2: demo eur
3: update eur
4: update usa
how many could fit in the screen? 1 result uses 2 lines, i can condense to 1 line though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro