Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How up-to-date is that encTitleKey file on that page? Are all keys in the list automatically in the encTitleKey file or is it manually updated?

Again, thanks for your work. Much appreciated :)

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How up-to-date is that encTitleKey file on that page? Are all keys in the list automatically in the encTitleKey file or is it manually updated?

Again, thanks for your work. Much appreciated :)
I just checked the encTitleKeys and it does contain the key for Virtue's Last Reward, so it may be that it updated since you downloaded the encTitleKeys, and since wings.json was generated.

GeorgeAnton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
not sure if this is a bug or not, but what's the little blue box that periodically appears on the bottom left hand corner of the bottom screen, when downloading?

GeorgeAnton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just the keyboard library being dumb :)
Haha fair enough
By the way, just a little observation:
When searching for shovel knight, both shovel knight [EUR] and shovel knight update [EUR] is shown.
However, when I download shovel knight (and even after opening the eshop page) there's no update request.
Would it be safe to assume that when we download from the CDN that we download the latest version?

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
@SpaceJump - virtue's last reward isn't in the wings.json file... lol that's why you can't find it ;)
oh we found it at the same time, ha.

yes the key page must have updated. no problem. i guess the wings file will update too... :)
i fixed the 0.49 upload
Just a quick question, is there a program we can use to make cia files from stuff that we already have on our 3ds. Only asking as i have lots of games/apps on a 3ds and i have bought another, and would be easier to just get the games from the 3ds rather than using lots of tickets etc.

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok here we go, something cool!

CIAngel is a homebrew program that downloads content from Nintendo's servers.
You give it a title id and the encrypted key, and this will make a GOOD cia that will be able to be reinstalled, it will not interfere with eshop... etc.
The output is just like my python tool FunKeyCIA.
Please understand, CIAngel and FunKeyCIA cannot make legit CIAs, FunkyCIA can.

CIAngel reads a text file in sd:/CIAngel/input.txt
The text file should have 2 lines, 1st line is the title id. 2nd line is the encrypted title key.
Only 1 titleid for now, sorry :)

CIAngel also has a keyboard (HBKBLib) so you can download stuff without ever having to touch a computer :) That's really cool I think, I guess you can maybe imagine some situation, if you have wifi, find the title id and key on your phone, type it into CIAngel and download that game. it works great!

Once the contents are downloaded, the cia generation may take some time... don't worry, just wait.
The output files will be stored to sd:/CIAngel - you can delete the 'tmp' file.

This has LOADS of room for improvement, but I cannot do it all myself, time wise and ability wise. So I hope people will help contribute on github :)

First I need and want to thank @machinamentum for FirmwareDownloader because without that, CIAngel would not exist, it is heavily based on that work! It's a great tool. Thanks for 3dsguy and make_cdn_cia, and of course @Friendsxix who shared the method so I could make FunkyCIA!

https://github.com/llakssz/CIAngel
https://github.com/llakssz/CIAngel/releases/latest
Since this installs content from Nintendo's servers, does that mean this could be used to install cias on a stock 3DS, or would the CIAs still be considered unsigned?

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this installs content from Nintendo's servers, does that mean this could be used to install cias on a stock 3DS, or would the CIAs still be considered unsigned?
Even if you could get the content to install it would not show because as you said it would be unsigned. This is only useful for CFW users.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We don't have Nintendo's signing keys, so these are unsigned and not usable on a non-CFW 3DS.

Just a quick question, is there a program we can use to make cia files from stuff that we already have on our 3ds. Only asking as i have lots of games/apps on a 3ds and i have bought another, and would be easier to just get the games from the 3ds rather than using lots of tickets etc.
That's outside the scope of this app, there may be some other homebrew app that allows what you're looking for.

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
We don't have Nintendo's signing keys, so these are unsigned and not usable on a non-CFW 3DS.

That's outside the scope of this app, there may be some other homebrew app that allows what you're looking for.
Yeah i know, i was asking cearp a question.

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, nevermind
Not trying to dissuade you from asking for help, but there's an entire forum dedicated to it (The one this post is in), and the more off topic stuff in this thread the harder it is for people to find answers to their questions that are about CIAngel :)

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Only problem is the eur version of a cia is missing and in order to play game I need seed but since it's out of region I can't use Eshop to do this

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only problem is the eur version of a cia is missing and in order to play game I need seed but since it's out of region I can't use Eshop to do this
You haven't posted what the game is... But you will most likely need to cryptofix the CIA, which requires a seeddb (Which can't be distributed here, can probably find something on that iso site). Decrypt9 has a "CIA Decryptor (deep)" option that should work for you once you have the seeddb containing your game.

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
So this is a theoretical question: We know the titleid of Howling Theme Tool cias (its somewhere in the thread), namely the one used for the Mario & Friends theme. If I were to obtain the key for the aforementioned theme (HTT makes the cias regional) and generated a ticket with it and then installed it using FBI, would the themes be removed if I accessed the eShop?

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this is a theoretical question: We know the titleid of Howling Theme Tool cias (its somewhere in the thread), namely the one used for the Mario & Friends theme. If I were to obtain the key for the aforementioned theme (HTT makes the cias regional) and generated a ticket with it and then installed it using FBI, would the themes be removed if I accessed the eShop?
Yes. Themes are still deleted.

Even if you have the legitimate .tik file or such they will still be deleted.

If you want persisting themes use CHMM2 by Rinnegatamante

There's also a way to get the eshop themes for use if you know where to look.

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: ok