Homebrew [Release] CIAngel - download GOOD cias right on your 3ds :)

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
how many could fit in the screen? 1 result uses 2 lines, i can condense to 1 line though.
Without condensing I'd say 6 so with condensing to 1 line you could fit 12.

Also, do you know if I redownload and get tickets from encTitleKeys.bin whether or not it will skip the ones I already have, overwrite them or create multiples or should I just delete my ticket folder to be safe?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Without condensing I'd say 6 so with condensing to 1 line you could fit 12.

Also, do you know if I redownload and get tickets from encTitleKeys.bin whether or not it will skip the ones I already have, overwrite them or create multiples or should I just delete my ticket folder to be safe?
it won't skip anything :)
improvements will come. enctitlekeys support will be dropped, it's a simple but weird and limiting format.
wings.json will be needed from now on, but no new releases yet :)

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
let's just work together, if someone thinks something i do is a bad idea (like removing input.txt support) just tell me!
Not really a fan of the removed input.txt method of grabbing stuff. It's my go-to test input method (When I'm adding new stuff like the download status, or in this case working on menus/a new UI. It's far easier than searching or entering a key manually).

On that note, I managed to get menus working. Had to reimplement a bunch of the menu stuff (Based on CakesFW's menus) because the graphics format they used didn't seem to like working with libctru. Still need to finish some stuff up, but it looks like I should be able to get menus working for everything :)
http://i.imgur.com/gbtUV82.jpg

Double Jumper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
how many could fit in the screen? 1 result uses 2 lines, i can condense to 1 line though.
If you clear the menu, there are 30 lines to work with (if I counted them right). Keeping the current prints, it uses 2 lines to enter the search terms, 2 lines to enter the number, and even adding 2 line endings to separate the term and number inputs from the results, there are still 24 lines to work with, able to show 12 results with 2 lines each. Should be enough.

Last edited by Double Jumper,

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Not really a fan of the removed input.txt method of grabbing stuff. It's my go-to test input method (When I'm adding new stuff like the download status, or in this case working on menus/a new UI. It's far easier than searching or entering a key manually).

On that note, I managed to get menus working. Had to reimplement a bunch of the menu stuff (Based on CakesFW's menus) because the graphics format they used didn't seem to like working with libctru. Still need to finish some stuff up, but it looks like I should be able to get menus working for everything :)
http://i.imgur.com/gbtUV82.jpg
oops sorry, if you want it for testing i'll add it back. at least, it did not deserve to be triggered by button press A.
i'll send you a pm next time before i remove something :D

wow cool menu, beautiful! let me dig out my old c++ rainbow text from my old computer... ;) (i'm deadly serious)
then i can add state machines? or is it overkill/not needed?
thank you

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oops sorry, if you want it for testing i'll add it back. at least, it did not deserve to be triggered by button press A.
i'll send you a pm next time before i remove something :D

wow cool menu, beautiful! let me dig out my old c++ rainbow text from my old computer... ;) (i'm deadly serious)
then i can add state machines? or is it overkill/not needed?
thank you
I'll add it back as part of the menu, don't worry about it :)

The menu sort of keeps state, so not sure if you'll have to add what you were thinking of.

This change also frees up the bottom screen when the keyboard isn't needed, so I'm thinking of moving progress tracking down there

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
ok, so i'll have to think of what i can do then!

sanitize game name when using it as a path/filename
deleting tmp folder.
check type of content in wings.json (also in my creator of the json) so that dlc is names correctly, easy to do.
recently added browsing, sorts json objects by 'dateadded'
find a nicer search alg
you mentioned 'graphics format' - will we be able to load pictures?
how about a little chime sound played when creation/installation is finished.
ticket installation

i'm happy to code the above stuff, any suggestions are welcome!

Last edited by cearp,

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Maybe see if there's a way to stop the 3ds from sleeping during download?
you mean when closing the 3ds? sure good idea. or does it sleep after a certain amount of minutes if the download is particularly long?
A download queue could be nice. You search multiple games and instead of pressing A to install you press X or whatever to add to the queue, and when you're done let it run.
nice idea.
handling different queued item's requests such as install directly vs download cia vs install ticket - it can be a bit annoying but certainly possible, i have an idea. but not a priority.

Ricken

Waiting for something to happen?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I'd like to see is something like the official downloader (The gift on the home menu thing)

If the .cias are being downloaded from the official servers, then throwing them into the process that a legitimately purchased eShop game goes through seems logical to me

But like i always say atl once a week, what do I know :P

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A download queue could be nice. You search multiple games and instead of pressing A to install you press X or whatever to add to the queue, and when you're done let it run.
I was actually just talking to my buddy about looking at adding a queue once I'm done the menu stuff. It wouldn't allow different actions per title (It would either be install all, or download all, etc). But it would be a cool feature.

you mean when closing the 3ds? sure good idea. or does it sleep after a certain amount of minutes if the download is particularly long?
Was talking about when you close the 3ds, I could see some people not wanting to leave it open with the screen on for multiple hours at a time for one reason or another.

What I'd like to see is something like the official downloader (The gift on the home menu thing)

If the .cias are being downloaded from the official servers, then throwing them into the process that a legitimately purchased eShop game goes through seems logical to me

But like i always say atl once a week, what do I know :P
Not really sure what you mean? CIAngel already supports CIA installation, which should result in a gift wrapped box on your home menu

Reactions: cearp

Ricken

Waiting for something to happen?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really sure what you mean? CIAngel already supports CIA installation, which should result in a gift wrapped box on your home menu
When you cancel a download from the eShop it appears as a gift box on the home menu that you can use to resume the download straight from the home menu

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
When you cancel a download from the eShop it appears as a gift box on the home menu that you can use to resume the download straight from the home menu
yeah but we are not downloading from eshop lol
you can do that, if you install the ticket and 'redownload' from eshop
this will support that, so just wait.

Reactions: Ricken

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Drakia the mean the "download later" feature where everything downloads in a queue while on the home screen.

This won't be possible with CIAngel cause everything has to download while in the program.

Reactions: Ricken

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So would a .json updater/downloader be feasible? Obviously an app like that would be "that site" exclusive but it would make the set up/update more streamlined and easy and noob proof

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So would a .json updater/downloader be feasible? Obviously an app like that would be "that site" exclusive but it would make the set up/update more streamlined and easy and noob proof
I don't think it's possible while the JSON is hosted on Mega, unless cearp releases the tool he uses to build the JSON file in the first place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Please click all suspicious links sent your email