Homebrew [Release] CHMM2 - Custom Home Menu Manager 2

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Ahhh ok. Could've been a bit more specific than "error out" :wink:
I had 5 themes in that shuffle, and all the others worked fine (I checked them all) so I don't think this is related to having too many. It's just that the bgm for that theme is too big.
My bad lol. Well I'm not sure what's exactly causing it. The total file size or the bgm size. Have you tried putting just those two themes in shuffle and seeing if it loops or not?

And by total file size I mean by all the themes together in the shuffle queue.

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty sure it's the individual bgm size. They're 3.11mb and 3.14mb respectively. The other themes that worked were all below 2.7mb bgm. I'll test some other themes.
The order also doesn't matter, since they were 1st and 4th out of 5 themes.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure it's the individual bgm size. They're 3.11mb and 3.14mb respectively. The other themes that worked were all below 2.7mb bgm. I'll test some other themes.
The order also doesn't matter, since they were 1st and 4th out of 5 themes.
Mind if you (or anyone) shared the size of the files in bytes? (make sure you don't give me "Size on disk")

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
thank you :3

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

do I use small Icons or big icons and where do I place the icons??

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can we have more colors in the next update such as black, white or green??? or a way to make your own colors??? I'm sorry if I'm asking for too much...

Talking about new colors and someone who asked me for font changes, next release will have a feature which allow you to puth a file in the root of sd card called "patch.lua" and write your own LUA code to customize CHMM2 (or to temporary patch bugs also).

For example to add a new color to colors UI system you must write in patch.lua these kind of lines:

Code:
table.insert(colors, {Color.new(255,72,255), Color.new(255,185,255)})

patch.lua file will be executed right before starting main loop ( https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/CHMM2/blob/master/source/index.lua#L464 ), so it could edit whatever graphical things you want.

Reactions: I pwned U!

Mr. Elementle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so i got 10 theme shuffling to work, but the theme that crashed it had no custom sfx, and adding some sfx fixed it??? i'm pretty sure this was on my end, maybe the body was corrupted or something. but i got it to work after a little tinkering so thanks everyone :}

Lycan911

wolf boi
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just made info.smdh files for all of my themes, they work perfectly. Also, shuffle feature works great, and so do previews. Got to say, for a beta release, this is pretty solid :D

5b3bc269fcaf60282f18f557ff895293.jpg

Reactions: VinsCool

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
Okay I have made all SMDH my theme and here I have several suggestion ^^

Icons:
Is there a way to put a them in grind? like on mobile but with less space.
or them bigger like hum two time. (I mead in selection.)

Description + author:
Would it better to have 2 line for description?
Also I think a scheme like :

Title
Description line 1
Description line 2
By AuthorName

App colors :
does black color is planned? :)

Else everything work as it should really great app ! :D

Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Okay I have made all SMDH my theme and here I have several suggestion ^^

Icons:
Is there a way to put a them in grind? like on mobile but with less space.
or them bigger like hum two time. (I mead in selection.)

Description + author:
Would it better to have 2 line for description?
Also I think a scheme like :

Title
Description line 1
Description line 2
By AuthorName

App colors :
does black color is planned? :)

Else everything work as it should really great app ! :D
Talking about new colors and someone who asked me for font changes, next release will have a feature which allow you to puth a file in the root of sd card called "patch.lua" and write your own LUA code to customize CHMM2 (or to temporary patch bugs also).

For example to add a new color to colors UI system you must write in patch.lua these kind of lines:

Code:
table.insert(colors, {Color.new(255,72,255), Color.new(255,185,255)})

patch.lua file will be executed right before starting main loop ( https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/CHMM2/blob/master/source/index.lua#L464 ), so it could edit whatever graphical things you want.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, but I'll be waiting for a much more stable version of CHMM2 before I try it again - at this point I just want to fix the random freezing that this app's introduced... I'll try your suggestion though to see if it solves the problem.
I was on emunand :unsure:
This seems to have fixed my issue. Like you said, it failed on the first attempt to apply the shuffling (when I was setting the themes to shuffle I noticed that the first couple of panels were empty - presumably already filled with the two themes I'd applied with CHMM). Set it again (this time there were no blank panels) and it applied fine, and so far no freezing!

Scratch that - my system is still freezing, and I've not reinstalled this since the issue developed. It crashes every time I try to enter notifications, or friend list, and if I enter game notes the date at the top of the screen is wrong and the time displays very strangely (rapidly cycling random numbers).
To reiterate; my emunand was extremely stable before installing this app, and I've never experienced problems of this nature before.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scratch that - my system is still freezing, and I've not reinstalled this since the issue developed. It crashes every time I try to enter notifications, or friend list, and if I enter game notes the date at the top of the screen is wrong and the time displays very strangely (rapidly cycling random numbers).
To reiterate; my emunand was extremely stable before installing this app, and I've never experienced problems of this nature before.
Try saving your Home Menu layout first in HM settings. Then, delete these files from your SD card (assuming European system):
  • SD:/Nintendo 3DS/your_id1/your_id2/extdata/00000000/000002ce
  • SD:/Nintendo 3DS/your_id1/your_id2/extdata/00000000/00000098
All of your digital games will become wrapped again unfortunately, but it might help with any crashing at the Home Menu. You can re-load your layout to get it back.

Last edited by ihaveahax,

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try saving your Home Menu layout first in HM settings. Then, delete these files from your SD card (assuming European system):
  • SD:/Nintendo 3DS/your_id1/your_id2/extdata/00000000/000002ce
  • SD:/Nintendo 3DS/your_id1/your_id2/extdata/00000000/00000098
All of your digital games will become wrapped again unfortunately, but it might help with any crashing at the Home Menu. You can re-load your layout to get it back.
Thanks, I'll give it a go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here