• Likes 283

yapel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I really doubt about Save States support right now

Fun fact: as Exzap didn't mentioned my comment, it rise my chances to be right with DLC support :D
My another bet it's in better amiibo support

Well he is going to decrease vram usage, which makes savestates more likely than before.
To be honest, now that we have eliminated the stuttering, and a couple of games render properly, I want something that enhances the experience over the real deal.

chriztr

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi guys, I need help. I can't emulate Super Smash Bros. The game runs perfectly at the beggining, but after I press the A button three times, I get a black screen and the game doesn't work. Look at these screenshots:

15942993_10208051387387468_1533552975_o.png

15967206_10208051387867480_958107654_o.png
15933899_10208051389747527_1613834072_o.png

This is the black screen, after I press the A button:

15966959_10208051398067735_779921907_o.png

I don't know what to do. This shit happens with every Cemu version. Also, don't you find it weird that I can't see any letter in the white screen?
Just hammer the A-button or start and it will load up just fine!

GR33VZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is just my opinion but id rather have DLC support rather then save states. So I still have my hopes up for DLC support.

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
We waited almost a whole month just to hear that ?
so your plans are X,Y,? doesn't have any sort of improvements , and in X,?,Z you will do what in your schedule ?
No wonder why his emulator isn't open source

Well, if you don't like how Exzap chooses to develop his emulator, you're free to write your own.

Reactions: legend80

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
so your plans are X,Y,? doesn't have any sort of improvements , and in X,?,Z you will do what in your schedule ?
That leaves accuracy/bug fixes and improvements for Cemu itself. Only having to build shader cache once from now on or fixing VRAM/RAM related crashes/issues for those experiencing them would be considered huge on their own, 1.6.5 has both and a new feature all together. Accuracy could also be anything from fixed lighting and/or audio in various games or even video playback which also wouldn't effect performance.

P.S.~ There is also a possibility 1.6.5 will fix a certain issue for Polaris/Fury owners in certain titles with lower VRAM usage as it seems to be related to what is said to cause it.

Last edited by Darkemaste,

legend80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you understand that everyone here hates you and the others like you that provide no value and do nothing but whine and whine like little girls about a free, fast developing emulator, and bitch to devs who provide more visibility into their dev plans than any other emu out there. It's one thing to voice complaints tactfully and make requests, but not the rude insults constantly. Stop acting like an entitled child to the devs and go code for decaf you moron. Someone get rid of this troll who only derails the conversation here every time he opens his mouth.

Last edited by legend80,
Reactions: StripTheSoul

yapel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
yup, fucking amazing, this also solves the supersampling issue (somewhat, kinda like pcsx2 does widescreen) and finally give us something that beats playing those games on the original wii u.

pengcheng

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
yup, fucking amazing, this also solves the supersampling issue (somewhat, kinda like pcsx2 does widescreen) and finally give us something that beats playing those games on the original wii u.
Could you specify the ‘Customizable graphics?’ what does he say?

joemo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was playing super mario world the other day now it just makes cemu crash im on 1.6.4b it been working fine any body have any suggestions

Edit nevermind figured what was wrong

Last edited by joemo,

AndreaSpooky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Off the top of my head, here is what graphic packs can potentially do:
  • Change the game's internal resolution
  • Increase the resolution and quality of shadows
  • Modify or remove post-processing effects
  • Workarounds for graphic bugs until we find a proper solution
  • Change lighting related aspects of the game
  • Add or change any visual aspect of the already existing materials
  • Custom Anti-Aliasing

From a technical standpoint, graphic packs allow the following:

• Overwrite certain texture properties (like the resolution)
  • Overwrite shaders (very powerful since everything uses shaders)
  • Not yet supported but planned for the future: Custom textures and some more complex control over drawcalls
However, there are some limitations as well. Graphic packs intercept at the rendering level, so they can't alter the logic of the game. For example, using just graphic packs it's not possible to upgrade a 30FPS game to 60FPS.

By default, Cemu will come with a bunch of graphic packs already pre-installed. We tried to cover as many popular requests as possible, but ultimately the idea behind graphic packs is that they are created and maintained by the community.

myowfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Off the top of my head, here is what graphic packs can potentially do:

A "graphic pack" would be a texture pack. It would not:

• Change the game's internal resolution
    • Increase the resolution and quality of shadows
    • Modify or remove post-processing effects
    • Workarounds for graphic bugs until we find a proper solution
    • Change lighting related aspects of the game
    • Add or change any visual aspect of the already existing materials
    • Custom Anti-Aliasing

From a technical standpoint, graphic packs allow the following:

• Overwrite certain texture properties (like the resolution)

Textures are bitmaps with finite resolutions. If they weren't than mip-mapping wouldn't be a thing. Textures would have to be replaced with high resolution textures to gain any sort of quality.

• Overwrite shaders (very powerful since everything uses shaders)

That would require patches specific to each game. For example, games like Super Mario 3D World uses FXAA for it's anti-aliasing. CEMU might be able to enable MSAA but it won't disable FXAA because it would be just another shader to CEMU.

• Not yet supported but planned for the future: Custom textures and some more complex control over drawcalls

Texture packs would be among the easier features to add as anytime a texture is fetched, it would first check if a replacement texture is available in particular folder. Can you provide an example of what kind of "complex control over drawcalls" would be done?

However, there are some limitations as well. Graphic packs intercept at the rendering level, so they can't alter the logic of the game. For example, using just graphic packs it's not possible to upgrade a 30FPS game to 60FPS.

That would be just as possible as overwriting shaders. It's possible but with per-game patches.

By default, Cemu will come with a bunch of graphic packs already pre-installed. We tried to cover as many popular requests as possible, but ultimately the idea behind graphic packs is that they are created and maintained by the community.

I don't get that. Why would any graphic packs come packaged with CEMU? Some of the features mentioned in your list like "Change the games internal resolution" wouldn't need to be a "pack", it would be a feature of CEMU.

Slashㅤ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's comparison pictures in the post: one of them is showing MK8 at 720p, 1080p, and 4K

720p
sRLri50.png

1080p
G1LoqXN.png

i'm not gonna post the 4k one though, would be too much on people's browsers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated