• Replies 21,662
  • Likes 283

blazed1979

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it just me, or have the last few builds of cemu (1.55 and 1.56) been unstable? I'm using 1.54 and maybe 1 out of 20 times, when I load a WUD, I get a 'CEMU has stopped working' error. However, when I use 1.56, it must happen like 9 times out of 10. Thoughts on this?

Floppy Fork

ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn uı sǝʇıɹʍ oɥʍ ǝןoɥssɐ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me, or have the last few builds of cemu (1.55 and 1.56) been unstable? I'm using 1.54 and maybe 1 out of 20 times, when I load a WUD, I get a 'CEMU has stopped working' error. However, when I use 1.56, it must happen like 9 times out of 10. Thoughts on this?
Try RPX's they might work also they use less storage.

ned

Trophies
XP
Country

Try emptying your reserved standby space with RAMMap, I find it helps.

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
wii using open gl like wii u and:
laFsKM3ac_OeiiJbgEY8-RGMSjcxoQSNVdWLllKhxhxBgATOv47d9SCuLkFkQtvIDSpuAe4pCyRtXJ0JHKuio1JyaUfUG4GHGF9s49zV-bY=w481-h289-nc

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How do you know it wouldn't help? Have you ever made your own Wii U emulator before?
Even the decaf guys know that emulating a low level api console using a high level api has it's limits and they did make a wii u emulator so they are switching to dx12 because it has better over all tools opengl has reached it's limits

in short yes it will help if done right

Juiss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know it wouldn't help because Exzap himself said it wouldn't and he's made a Wii U emulator.
Have you ever thought that perhaps Exzap is just being lazy and doesn't want to add a vulkan backend because of this? Vulkan is new and different, there isn't much documentation on it compared to OpenGL and making the switch would require precious time that could be put towards making the emulator work properly, so I can understand if he just doesn't feel like it. Besides we're still at a point where the graphics backend doesn't really matter, what's the point in making a Vulkan backend if most of the games don't work anyway? OpenGL is good enough for now.

I don't really care about cemu, but seeing you regurgitate the same shit for 2 pages instead of discussing why and how Vulkan would/wouldn't help (how would you know? Exzap hasn't told you :D ) is quite frankly irritating. It's impossible to have a lively debate when you keep getting shot down with "that's not true because my dad said so".

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Maby there's a logical reason he's doing that how do you know that using DX 12 or Vulkan can help, have you ever made your own Wii U Emulator before?

I think Wardoctor has gotten involved in Decaf, and since then has taken every opportunity he can to shit on Exzap and CEMU.

Again

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
more than boring conversation about DirectX 12 or Vulkan arrives,@ exzap when have news about cemu update 1.6.0 Part 2.

myowfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it wouldn't help because Exzap himself said it wouldn't and he's made a Wii U emulator.
There were many on the Dolphin team that also didn't think lower-level APIs would help because they weren't making all that many draw calls, but it still dropped CPU usage and thus increased the frame rate by a noticeable amount. It's not that Exzap is being lazy or anything though. Vulkan is a new API and those with lots of experience with OpenGL may not be familiar with it yet and don't know what it's exact advantages are. Fact is, since the Wii U is, itself, using a lower-level API, it's entirely like that certain things could be emulated faster and with less workarounds than OpenGL.

DX12 is only faster in some games in dolphin now because its still missing many features and once those features get added in the performance will essentially be same. DX12 & Vulkan main gains are for low performing CPU's as they alleviate CPU bottleneck which is a non issue on gaming rig.

Case closed.

I don't think that's true anymore. I remember people saying that when things like Bounding Box and Performance Queries(I feel like I remembered this wrong) weren't implemented but they are now.

It's also completely wrong to say there isn't a CPU bottleneck in gaming rigs. For games that need things like the MMU enabled or need LLE audio, they may frequently not hit V-Sync and any CPU cycles being saved by using something like Vulkan is giving more cycles to the MMU and LLE audio. I should note that I have a pretty capable CPU yet it's not uncommon that I have to under-clock the emulated CPU to get a higher framerate.

All this being said, even though I think there are gains to be had from Vulkan, I think OpenGL is fine for CEMU for now. It still feels like there are a lot of gains to be had from optimizing the JIT.

Last edited by myowfriend,

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think Wardoctor has gotten involved in Decaf, and since then has taken every opportunity he can to shit on Exzap and CEMU.
That sounds like trolling in my book - if it still happens I think Wardoctors will have to take a LOOONG vacation from this thread ;)

Alex S

Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
THANK GOD! backend wars are over finally over ^-^ now we can get back to bug reporting in cemu and posting some awesome emulation videos :3

Floppy Fork

ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn uı sǝʇıɹʍ oɥʍ ǝןoɥssɐ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yea pretty much, you should see him on his discord, he acts like Cemu is complete garbage.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Have you ever thought that perhaps Exzap is just being lazy and doesn't want to add a vulkan backend because of this? Vulkan is new and different, there isn't much documentation on it compared to OpenGL and making the switch would require precious time that could be put towards making the emulator work properly, so I can understand if he just doesn't feel like it. Besides we're still at a point where the graphics backend doesn't really matter, what's the point in making a Vulkan backend if most of the games don't work anyway? OpenGL is good enough for now.

I don't really care about cemu, but seeing you regurgitate the same shit for 2 pages instead of discussing why and how Vulkan would/wouldn't help (how would you know? Exzap hasn't told you :D ) is quite frankly irritating. It's impossible to have a lively debate when you keep getting shot down with "that's not true because my dad said so".
Like i said before how would you know it would help, do you have a extensive knowledge in emulation as well as the wii u to make the assumption that Vulkan would help? Maby he's not being lazy and there really wouldn't be any performance gains or benefits. Now lets please stop arguing bout this =P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Last edited by Floppy Fork,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo