• Views 7,187,759
  • Replies 21,662
  • Likes 283

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
i really dont see the hype in backends like d3d12 or vulkan, and i guess some devs also dont see the hype.yeah in some cases it gives good speed.but it is a lot of work implementing it, and maintaining it.they are new renders and there is little documentation, unlike OGL and d3d11.

SanchezCraft

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Cemu 1.5.6:

mU24JLc.png

Cemu 1.6.0:

HQMd7cI.png
I´ve been playing 1.5.6 and it shows as you´re image in cemu 1.6.0

Attachments

• 1.5.6.png
    1.5.6.png
    325.8 KB · Views: 309

SonicfanCEMUTesting

One of Sonic fans that is here, because reasons
Trophies
White Space (not a generations reference)
XP
Country
Poland
no it's not, emulation is primarily cpu dependent. gpu is in addition to the cpu. You're clearly one of these people who think a 10 year old 3ghz cpu is the same as a new 3ghz cpu - it's not and never will be.
Whatever your issues are with upgrading it's something you will have to do, fairly modern parts can be had for next to nothing if you don't mind getting a generation or two old.
It's gets more weird and is having no sense when i'm talking about something that i only want on my PC, and others are talking about that my PC should have more upgraded parts than just one.

yapel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So whats the problem of waiting a lil? Remember when GateWay3DS was still relevant and Gateway made people wait months and almost a year for a simple update with very few changes? Vulkan support will be big for CEMU cuz the way it work. So let the Devs take their time and dont rush them.

Exzap said cemu wouldn't benefir from vulkan at all

<snip>

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed off-topic -rp

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really? So how long do you think then - a few days maybe?...

Exzap and other said before that it WOULD take months for Cemu. Go see how long it took Xenia and rcpx3 to convert as well. ;)
Rpcs3 tooks 2 weeks to get it working and xenia well lol that dev was doing work every few weeks on it and he failed 100% on it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

that rig will be epic for tier 2 vulkan support aka emulating hardware features nvidia is missing but for tier 3 only intel/amd have it same for dx12 and metal for os x

legend80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rpcs3 tooks 2 weeks to get it working and xenia well lol that dev was doing work every few weeks on it and he failed 100% on it

Where did you get two weeks? Works started in mid-Feb and was unveiled in mid-Apr. I'll just assume it was a typo and you meant "2 months", not 2 weeks. ;)

Regardless, the conversation is moot and exzap has already spoken on the subject as others have commented. Let's just move on....

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where did you get two weeks? Works started in mid-Feb and was unveiled in mid-Apr. I'll just assume it was a typo and you meant "2 months", not 2 weeks. ;)

Regardless, the conversation is moot and exzap has already spoken on the subject as others have commented. Let's just move on....
no two weeks to get it working and the rest to optimize it i tested every build it was a short amount of time and well paid off

Jobenblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes showing of my toaster.

Vulkan support is the best thing can be implemented on this Emulator specially for AMD GPUs. I dont mind waiting a month or 2.
You honestly think they haven't looked into vulkan? They tried, it wasn't worth it to continue because they can push what they're currently running much farther

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

ned

Trophies
XP
Country
Any gpu that supports dx12 or vulkan should be more than good enough to run the current opengl backend at full speed anyway, why limit it when much older dx11.0 gpu that also support opengl 4.5 can run it mid speed and probably full speed with more optimization or frameskip.

Floppy Fork

ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn uı sǝʇıɹʍ oɥʍ ǝןoɥssɐ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Implementing a DX12/Vulkan backend will take lots of time and effort and in the end it wouldn't help emulation too much if at all. Instead that time could be use bettering the current renderer and general emulation.

Reactions: Pablitox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...