• Views 7,193,339
  • Replies 21,662
  • Likes 283

chriztr

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Here's the video of me beating the last level (after a few tries) in Super Mario 3D World.
For some reason there's a black box at the bottom of the stair way to the tower to beat Koopa.
I think it's missing some shadow/highlight emulation right there =P

Floppy Fork

ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn uı sǝʇıɹʍ oɥʍ ǝןoɥssɐ
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Actual direct x would be even bettererer just for the sole fact that there are countless cool hools for it, with some tiny tools you can turn dx10 into 3d-or even vr-ready environments (qnd yup, also in emulators) rip maps, swap textures, mod rendering properties and all that even as a mere enduser, without any coding...

- Quick and Dirty with TT -
2 issues.
1. Using Direct X would mean making a Linux/Android/OSuX would require making a OpenGL/Vulkan renderer.
2. Cemu already uses OpenGL so making a Vulkan render would make a bit more sense.

A Direct X render should be added in the future but for now Vulkan is better.

Reactions: 0000

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
To sum up look above at the edits^ and watch from 0:37 of this video
Whats with those edits? It wasn't AMD but futuremark themselves that admitted that they tried to be neutral and deliberately avoided vendor-specific paths in timespy, in which both AMD and Nvidia have stated to use DX11 instead if this isn't done. It's validity comes into question because there there is only a single path rather than being multiple paths for both AMD and Nvidia and this goes against what games will actually do in DX12. Tbqh, at this point timespy itself is a similar situation as RotTR's DX12 implementation and claiming either as indicative as what to expect in DX12 would be rather disingenuous.

Last edited by Darkemaste,

Floppy Fork

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Whats with those edits? It wasn't AMD but futuremark themselves that admitted that they tried to be neutral and deliberately avoided vendor-specific paths in timespy, in which both AMD and Nvidia have stated to use DX11 instead if this isn't done. It's validity comes into question because there there is only a single path rather than being multiple paths for both AMD and Nvidia and this goes against what games will actually do in DX12. Tbqh, at this point timespy itself is a similar situation as RotTR's DX12 implementation and claiming either as indicative as what to expect in DX12 would be rather disingenuous.
Yea, you picture says it all. It has no vendor pacific code so Its a base hardware test with no "side" specific optimizations *looks at copy of Hitman* They are basically saying they are not purposely making it run better on only 1 "type" card.

Last edited by Floppy Fork,

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You also need to realize how long it will take to port vulkan over. Xenia took a few months, so due to the small dev team that means really not many updates for the time being

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yea, you picture says it all. It has no vendor pacific code so Its a base hardware test with no "side" specific optimizations *looks at copy of Hitman* They are basically saying they are not purposely making it run better on only 1 "type" card.
Thats... what I said 2 posts ago. But yes, the end result was a hardware benchmark that under utilizes available hardware and specifically benefits Pascal (and only Pascal) anyway, which both defeats the purpose of being a hardware benchmark and makes it effectively useless for anyone with AMD AND pre-pascal Nvidia GPUs. I don't really consider a card being purposely under-utilized (GCN) or having drivers automatically disable specific features (pre-Pascal) "running without issues" tbqh.

Alex S

Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
Enough dx12 vs opengl talk already, im sick of it!! this thread is meant for CEMU DISCUSSION!! can you guys quit de-railing the thread with the GPU Wars of 2016? this thread is meant to discuss cemu and to help point emulation issues to @Exzap and @Petergov to help cemu progess faster. if he decides to implement new backends, thats great. if not, deal with it. now can we please get back on topic for the love of god?

now enough childish GPU Wars aside, it seems 1.5.1 has introduced a new texture glitch into mk8. im not sure if this is just an amd bug or if it is just my gpu, but a lot of textures in mario kart 8 look like this for me.
upload_2016-7-25_16-49-32.png

does this happen to anyone else or am i alone on this?

Reactions: TR_mahmutpek

Centennial

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enough dx12 vs opengl talk already, im sick of it!! this thread is meant for CEMU DISCUSSION!! can you guys quit de-railing the thread with the GPU Wars of 2016? this thread is meant to discuss cemu and to help point emulation issues to @Exzap and @Petergov to help cemu progess faster. if he decides to implement new backends, thats great. if not, deal with it. now can we please get back on topic for the love of god?

now enough childish GPU Wars aside, it seems 1.5.1 has introduced a new texture glitch into mk8. im not sure if this is just an amd bug or if it is just my gpu, but a lot of textures in mario kart 8 look like this for me. View attachment 57252
Looks like an AMD issue, its not present on my nvidia card.
http://imgur.com/a/nZXcv
And while playing though the Flower Cup in Grand Prix there was almost no lag, running at 55 FPS.

Wardoctors

Gamedev1909
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're thinking of Decaf, it uses DX12
it uses opengl now they ditched dx12 sadly they are going to move to vulkan soon

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Looks like an AMD issue, its not present on my nvidia card.
http://imgur.com/a/nZXcv
And while playing though the Flower Cup in Grand Prix there was almost no lag, running at 55 FPS.

ive had no issues in performance on my 290x it might be a random issue

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
it seems 1.5.1 has introduced a new texture glitch into mk8. im not sure if this is just an amd bug or if it is just my gpu, but a lot of textures in mario kart 8 look like this for me. View attachment 57252
While it's not really GPU wars per se but rather the timespy controversy being discussed, I will agree it's pointless to talk about it here, especially since the future of Cemu is likely headed towards Vulkan anyway.
About the texture glitch mentioned, I haven't experienced anything like that in MK8 and the only AMD-specific bugs that I've come across is the invisible stretched textures for specific jumping characters in MK8 back since 1.4.3 which can be seen in some of my past MK8 videos in my sig.

Actually, come to think of it, I recall that there were random texture issues a variety of games starting in 1.5.1.

Edit- I highlighted a few of them here, afaik they just seem like random texture bugs.

Last edited by Darkemaste,
Reactions: Alex S

JanetMerai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

now enough childish GPU Wars aside, it seems 1.5.1 has introduced a new texture glitch into mk8. im not sure if this is just an amd bug or if it is just my gpu, but a lot of textures in mario kart 8 look like this for me. View attachment 57252

The flowers texture uses an opacity map / alpha texture and Cemu isn't rendering it.
It's probably your graphics card or something.

Floppy Fork

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Thats... what I said 2 posts ago. But yes, the end result was a hardware benchmark that under utilizes available hardware and specifically benefits Pascal (and only Pascal) anyway, which both defeats the purpose of being a hardware benchmark and makes it effectively useless for anyone with AMD AND pre-pascal Nvidia GPUs. I don't really consider a card being purposely under-utilized (GCN) or having drivers automatically disable specific features (pre-Pascal) "running without issues" tbqh.
3DMark stated they worked with all manufacturers to make a Unbiased hardware benchmark. (Nvidia, AMD, and ...... Intel?) Heres a response DIRECTLY from 3DMark.
http://www.futuremark.com/pressreleases/a-closer-look-at-asynchronous-compute-in-3dmark-time-spy
<snip>

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed crap -rp

Luigi Perrutti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone have tried multiplayer ? Here is a lot slow because was the first round and until load the cache you know...
Unfortunely , i forget to record the second try , the game get 45 -57 fps

I can say , multiplayer on MK8 is playable , at last for 2 players.

lazyboy0172

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the video of me beating the last level (after a few tries) in Super Mario 3D World.
For some reason there's a black box at the bottom of the stair way to the tower to beat Koopa.
I think it's missing some shadow/highlight emulation right there =P
yeah, it was incredibly tough for me as well. I ended up changing the framebuffer to one that rendered everything correctly, but with no textures or lighting. Made it up the tower and switched back just fine, but until I figured that out I wasted like 15 lives just trying to get on the damn steps!

Reactions: chriztr

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y