Emulation [RELEASE] Cemu - Wii U emulator

• Thread starter Exzap
  • Start date
  • Views 7,193,230
  • Replies 21,662
  • Likes 283

Alex S

Creator Of WWHDM, And Metroid Fusion XER0X!
Trophies
Website
www.erm.wut
XP
Country
United States
Interesting....
As much as I'd like to try it out, I can't set the LED TV I'm using as a 2nd Display because I don't have another monitor.
I also can't find the spare HDMI cable I used for my Xbox 360.
The PC I'm using is connected to the TV via DVI to HDMI.

Does it make the game look similar to the Wii U screenshots I provided?

It does but it looks like everytjing is sharpened instead of blured. I dunno if its my gpu driver being buggy or what,but when i get on my laptop later today i will gladly post some screenshots. Its just such a weird thing. Please get rid of the blur effect @Exzap ! It takes away from the emulation experience as it really doesnt look right ;-;

JanetMerai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To people complaining about blurring in the recent 1.5.4.

Nintendo often blurs their models and FX stuff to hide how low polygonal or low resolution the models actually are.
Its a common tactic in a lot of low poly budgets, hide the problems with post processing or anti-aliasing effects or other artificial ways.

Lightpost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It does but it looks like everytjing is sharpened instead of blured. I dunno if its my gpu driver being buggy or what,but when i get on my laptop later today i will gladly post some screenshots. Its just such a weird thing. Please get rid of the blur effect @Exzap ! It takes away from the emulation experience as it really doesnt look right ;-;

Yes, screenshots please! Thanks in advance! :D

It seems that the blur effect is only present in this game. Mario Kart 8, although it's being rendered in a low resolution, still doesn't look as blurry around the edges.
I think 3D World really uses the blur effect, mostly for very distant objects, but for some reason, Cemu seems to apply it on everything but on a much lesser degree on objects close to the camera.

Is this something I can tweak in NVIDIA's Control Panel? Force Cemu to use Bilinear Filtering for this game?

Last edited by Lightpost,

pjc1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone got sonic boom to boot in 1.5.4 its blank screen even with audio disabled on interpreter and opening the gamepad settings does nothing.

Lightpost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To people complaining about blurring in the recent 1.5.4.

Nintendo often blurs their models and FX stuff to hide how low polygonal or low resolution the models actually are.
Its a common tactic in a lot of low poly budgets, hide the problems with post processing or anti-aliasing effects or other artificial ways.

:-(
Does this mean though that this SM3DW screenshot is just some sort of a promotional "in-game" screenshot (not how the game actually looks like)?
Super-Mario-3D-World_2013_10-15-13_025.jpg

If that's the case with this game, I guess that the blur effect they used really is good -- it made Mario's supposedly low poly model look like the most detailed (high poly) in-game Mario 3D model I've seen.

Last edited by Lightpost,

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
anyone got sonic boom to boot in 1.5.4 its blank screen even with audio disabled on interpreter and opening the gamepad settings does nothing.
The best way to fix any problems with cemu and sonic boom is deleting the game, use the free space to download a actual game and pretend it is sonic boom...
Sry, i had to do this, i just dislike that game soooo verrry muuuch... Basically killed my hopes of sonic being a good game again at some point.

antoine2055

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all. Just joined although I've been reading this thread for a while. Just joined Patreon too since I had heard DK Tropical Freeze was finally working...

It is not working for me, Cemu always crashes after about 15 seconds of gameplay. I tried to disable "overwrite vertex" and others (in a random fashion I must admit, I don't understand much of the options...) with no success. I only managed to make the game slower.

There seems to be a problem with the controllers too. Only the gamepad is recognized. Pro and classic controllers don't work. Even for 2nd player. Since there can only be 1 gamepad connected, I can't find a way to play in multiplayer mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.