• Replies 21,662
  • Likes 283

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only those who aren't Patreon creators themselves miss the point.
That's so very wrong. Common misconception, devs aren't any smarter than anyone and dev's opinions aren't worth any more by default. Devs can be really really annoyingly adamant.

Anyway, It's very sad that a lot of development are taking to "improve the DRM"
Yeah this. The DRM is fine Exzap! Don't change it! I <3 Cemu DRM

Patreon DRM is so minor and insignificant. Public releases are DRM free. For all of you bitching about this, you're probably not even a patreon supporter, there is no DRM. All you know is someone somewhere is running software with DRM on it.

Now quit shitposting people you're gonna give this guy a hernia because you heard the word DRM. I'm going to do my part and not mention the word DRM any more than once.

Reactions: Darkemaste

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
FYI, 1.4.2b is out for patrons. fixed bug causing SMM crashes and added leniency to DRM so online is required once to verify, not all the time.

I think this is a good compromise. Many cried out about this, and I worried their servers would have trouble with the load in verifying and serving up downloads to all the patrons, but I'm a big fan of the move away from the serials. I saw a lot of comments here claiming they spent a lot of time making useless DRM, but think of the opportunity cost: they no longer have to maintain some large arbitrary database of serials. Activating and de-activating with every change in Patrons. I'm sure there is a decent turnover rate in patronage each release, so no longer having to maintain that has to be a great time savings, even if there was an up-front cost of developing a patreon tie-in to verify status.
Yay! But in 1.4.2, I didn't get any crashes on Mario Maker. Everything runs better including my WIP Underground Course and music note block course.

thorbre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
FYI, 1.4.2b is out for patrons. fixed bug causing SMM crashes and added leniency to DRM so online is required once to verify, not all the time.

I think this is a good compromise. Many cried out about this, and I worried their servers would have trouble with the load in verifying and serving up downloads to all the patrons, but I'm a big fan of the move away from the serials. I saw a lot of comments here claiming they spent a lot of time making useless DRM, but think of the opportunity cost: they no longer have to maintain some large arbitrary database of serials. Activating and de-activating with every change in Patrons. I'm sure there is a decent turnover rate in patronage each release, so no longer having to maintain that has to be a great time savings, even if there was an up-front cost of developing a patreon tie-in to verify status.
That's awesome. The wifi signal in the summerhouse belonging to my fiances family is absolute shite, and the verification thing would most likely be problematic, with the signal going out all the time. So I have a legitimate reason for disliking the way it worked before. I was there for almost two weeks recently, so I have been spending a significant amount of time there..

JanetMerai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad this was fixed, it was cringeworthy all the anti-DRM people who were complaining about "harming" Patron users when they've caused substantially more harm by spamming this thread and causing others (and ironically themselves) to overlook the fact that this issue was merely a bug and not intended. As I said before, the majority of complaints are merely conjecture/formed out of blatant misinformation by those who haven't been watching this thread closely/only heard heard of Cemu from a leak on some foreign forums.
Edit-

So much irony in this post. :glare:

It was mentioned to make it into another thread and my intention was to get in contact with Exzap, that's all.

There is no irony, only taking it out of context.

Reactions: The Twig league

octra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
The description contains link to 1.4.2...
Its just 1.4.1 with 1.4.2 exe file thats not working.

The readme inside says:
Code:
Cemu 1.4.1 change with Cemu file 1.4.2 patreon
Pack Cemu-Mod:
(1) Full list tittle key.
(2) File for New Super Mario Bros.U and New super Luigi.U
(3) adding Cemu patreon 1.4.2 + serial (non-functional)
(4) Cemu-Mod 1.4.1 "With file Cemu 1.4.2"

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
"Mod" in this case refers to a straight-up pirated version of 1.4.2, I believe
Yep, these pirates couldn't wait 5 more days for the free public version, or be bothered to use the *current* free public version which has better performance by comparison for them. And again, thanks to 6 or so pages of spam (or previous leaks) likely missed that the online-verification was suppose to be a one time only instance rather than a always-online thing.

Edit- I'm curious if whoever leaked it can be identified and removed from Patreon...

Last edited by Darkemaste,

octra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I got to give it a try on my Linux machine and see if it works on Mesa!
Cemu should work on OGL 4.0 (its using currently 4.5 if available). Mesa does support OGL4.0 for a wide range of graphics cards. So it should work. That is quite exciting.

Also interested if the 360 controller work without much of struggle. :)

Last edited by octra,
Reactions: CuriousTommy

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Right. I'm just wondering if it is hard to get the controller running in Wine. Using Cemu in Linux.
Does Linux support xinput? Fairly certain thats all it boils down too tbh. At any rate, Wii U Pro user here who would really love to be able to choose Wii U Pro as the input device when given the option in-game. :P
(Wii U Pro controller emulation/native support? Idk lol.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la