• Views 7,162,833
  • Replies 21,659
  • Likes 283

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hmmm, I wasn't having any issues earlier and apparently others aren't either, but are seemingly ignored by perhaps the most vocal anti-DRM people in this thread. At any rate I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that the server it connects too is having issues or is temporarily down at worst.

Edit-
Oh hey, look at that. The Cemu page is in fact down, lol. Totally called it. B-)

Last edited by Darkemaste,

Exzap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's very simple and if you read all the comments you already know how...
Simple spend the time developing the EMULATOR itself, certainly that's the major interest of all the Patrons which support the project (or I'm wrong?)
Rather than spending development time and resorcers to do these shit DRM-Systems which ultimatelly harm Cemu own Patrons (as you can see in various cases in this topic)
Looking deeply, everyone which donates to project wants to SUPPORT the development above all things (and even the people which not donates, but help the project in other ways, such publicizing, helping other users, testing, etc)
I really want to think that's not about "get the thing 1 week before" for the people which is donating, because.. Well, it's just one week, that doesn't hurts...
But when you put efforts in DRM system, you're hurting everybody which want to support you, because you're not developing the emulator, you're just causing troubles
Remember that you're not doing this just for "passion" or something. You're even being well PAID to do this work
Also, it's easy to gave the guilty to the users, but you very well sucessfull patreon tell that you're complaining wrong about all these "leak problems"
Even with the leaks you're well paid, you really have to sacrifies Patrons usability?
What will came after? Cemu being a paid emulator only?
We spent 30 minutes on the DRM code. That's nothing compared to the hundreds of hours that go into each release.
Actually, I hate DRM as much as you do but if we promise users the privilege of getting exclusive versions earlier then we have to take measures to be able to keep that promise. Here is a little fun fact: The first Patreon release had no DRM at all. We keep stepping up the level of security everytime a leak happens, so ultimately it's the community that drives this kind of behavior. Working on DRM is not something we enjoy.

Last edited by Exzap,

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We spent 30 minutes on the DRM code. That's nothing compared to the hundreds of hours that go into each release.
Actually, I hate DRM as much as you do but if we promise users the privilege of getting exclusive versions earlier, than we have to take measures to guarantee that promise. Here is a little fun fact: The first Patreon release had no DRM at all. We keep stepping up the level of security everytime a leak happens, so ultimately it's the community that drives this kind of behavior. Working on DRM is not something we enjoy.
totally understand now man, thanks for the info and good luck fixing the DRM! I personally just was a bit disappointed from the new introduction of the DRM, but aslong it gets fixed I think it'll help in the long run.

pol40

Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
I think this DRM system internet based is not correct, if the Cemu servers are down we are fucked, if our internet connection fails we are fucked...Exzap, find something better

Reactions: Gustavo Rossi

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this DRM system internet based is not correct, if the Cemu servers are down we are fucked, if our internet connection fails we are fucked...Exzap, find something better
i thin it is based on patreon, and honestly it is only one week so it shouldn't that big of a deal. The chances of it going down under that 7 day period is unlikely.

Last edited by KillzXGaming,

xZabuzax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Exzap, there are some keys in the keyboard that we can't configure with this emulator yet (like the Semi-Colon symbol), some users (like me) use that key in emulators. Also, there are some keys that are used by default in the emulator and they can't be changed from the "Input Settings", if we are able to change those keys that would be awesome. Hopefully you are able to resolve these inconveniences in future releases.

We appreciate all your hard work.

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
AFAIK it's suppose to be a one-time only check and afterwards you don't have to worry about it at all.

Edit-
Also taking this time to give a big thanks to everyone who submitted test results to the compatibility list in my sig.
:hrth:Thank you!:hrth:

Last edited by Darkemaste,

shideravan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Exzap
Well, I'm also a developer, but I never put DRM in anything I code. I don't think that these measures are really necessary, as I already stated (and put some reasons why) it ultimately only gives problems for everybody (including you)
I really never NEVER supported leakers and did everything that I could to avoid that and even though I can't donating money directly, I try to help all the ways that I can
But if you don't have problems to sacrifice your personal beliefs, disturb donators with usability problems to them and causing general problems with the project development just to gain a "potential" few extra bucks with this project, who I'm to prove you wrong, isn't it?

Last edited by shideravan,
Reactions: Tut557

Jobenblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys if you shut the hell up about DRM, the team will be able to work on more important things like implementing a blow feature, getting more AAA titles like smash to work, and allowing higher use of our CPUs. Geez, like your computer isn't online the entire time anyways.

Half of you cheap bastards complaining about DRM probably aren't even patreons!

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Well. Idk what's wrong with DRM(what is it anyways?). But at least it prevent leaking and if people who will sacrifice his/her account for leaking 1.4.2, I would be glad to change the password for attempting to leak the emulator.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Jobenblue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well. Idk what's wrong with DRM(what is it anyways?). But at least it prevent leaking and if people who will sacrifice his/her account for leaking 1.4.2, I would be glad to change the password for attempting to leak the emulator.
1.4.2 checks online everytime it is run to see if you are a patreon supporter and people are getting pissed.

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about we go back to talking about how amazing TP HD texture pack would be in the form of a mod for a TPHD rpx in Cemu? :D
yup. Mechanics of that game + a texturepack would be amazing. Pretty sure porting dolphin texturepacks wouldn't be too hard. This one i am using is absolutely insane. Though Cemu is far from loading these.
Z3WKweW.jpg

Last edited by KillzXGaming,

Ronaldo Brazil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
aaaaah worst version patreon released until now a time the emulator enters another time no longer enters + Ezap stepped on the ball with this DRM and shideravan is Brazilian and I agree with him on everything about this DRM crap.

Reactions: brienj

Growlith1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you feel the love tonight~

in all seriousness, DRM is not that bad, yall act like it just killed your whole family and your dog.

lovin all the butthurt children complaining about something to help prevent piracy of an application meant for donators and it just so happens to glitch out from time to time lol.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Typhos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im getting really good fps on twilight princess hd when using a rpx file, however theres no sound.
Anyone else experiencing this ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning