Serbia, Republic of

dreassica

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tried the emulator for the first time with the eu version of 3d world, but it crashes upon loading the rpx no matter which title id key I use ( and the common key is in there as well obviously)

Last edited by dreassica,

Jaxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you guy's tried selecting High Performance under power options instead of running a 4K video in the background. It's possible that running the 4K video is locking your CPU to its maximum frequency. If you select High Performance inside power options of windows this should lock your CPU to maximum frequency and you wont need to loop that video.

EDIT

Don't forget to go back to power options once finished and select the balanced plan. If you don't your CPU will stay locked.

Bingo! You get it! I just shake my head at people running videos in the background not understanding why it boosted their frames, lol.

They just needed to turn off throttling.... Andresian trying to take credit for a breakthrough a few pages back. LOLZ

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Gotta love April fools day. No one has remotely mentioned the "video in the background" fix on r/Cemu, I tried posting it and showing that it DOES work after right after posting here about it and it's seemingly hidden/downvoted under the assumption that it's a prank. This is hilarious. :rofl2:

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes, yes it does. You stumbled upon an accident and claimed it a solution.

All people have to do is turn off CPU throttling....
I already had "high performance" in power options in (in addition to turning other power saving features off in windows+BIOS) and before the "video" fix my performance was still poor. For whoever mentioned task manager, setting a higher priority for Cemu in task manager also does NOT work for me, yet a video in the background does.

Reactions: meddu69

Jaxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already had "high performance" in power options in (in addition to turning other power saving features off in windows+BIOS) and before the "video" fix my performance was still poor. For whoever mentioned task manager, setting a higher priority for Cemu in task manager also does NOT work for me, yet a video in the background does.

What's your setup? What games have you tried this on? Did you use NUS Downloader to update games?

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What's your setup? What games have you tried this on? Did you use NUS Downloader to update games?
FX 8320 4.5 OC
G1 390 8GB VRAM 1150 core/1600mem OC
16 GB DDR3 2133 RAM
(512GB MX100 SDD)
What I'm running, dunno if running Cemu on an SSD makes a difference so figured I'd mention it anyway.

Only have 3 Wii U games/Wux files atm, which are SMM, SM3DW, and MK8.

And no, though I probably should for MK8.

Last edited by Darkemaste,

MattGTX

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
FX 8320 4.5 OC
16 GB DDR3 2133 RAM
(512GB MX100 SDD)
What I'm running, dunno if running Cemu on an SSD makes a difference so figured I'd mention it anyway.

Hi

meddu69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

SAME,HERE!Only with my 4k60fps video still work!

NSMBU(usa).WUD + NSMBU.rpx( upadated) = 60 fps all time with the "background video fix"...

My spec : W7 64 bits /I5 2500K 4.5 ghz + 8 go ddr3 1600 mhz + hd 7970 ghz oc (drivers 16.3.2,with 16.2 dll files on cemu folder),hdtv 46" led 1080p120 hertz!

edit: cemu runs on SSD crucial M4 128go!

Last edited by meddu69,
Reactions: Darkemaste

Jaxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FX 8320 4.5 OC
16 GB DDR3 2133 RAM
(512GB MX100 SDD)

Hmmm. I don't like accidents. I need clear, precise answers. Hence why this "4k video fix" isn't good enough for me.

Edit: I see meddu69 also has AMD. Hmmm....

There has to be a reasonable, and technical answer to this. I see you have an AMD GFX card. Now we do know that AMD is having issues with Cemu.

I wonder if this "fix" is only working for AMD, and not Nvidia users.

I had issues until I turned off Speedstep.

Last edited by Jaxer,
Reactions: Darkemaste

Darkemaste

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes I've noted that for the most part it's AMD GPU users on r/Cemu that are reporting lower than expected performance, in addition to noting that users with AMD CPUs and Nvidia GPUs seem to be just doing just fine by comparison. (see video I posted in page 355)
In my r/Cemu thread I've also tried pointing out the fix is mostly exclusive to AMD users.

Edit~ It's odd, but at this point I've stopped trying to look into it or "why" or "how" it works and am simply content that it DOES work for some.

Last edited by Darkemaste,

SonicfanCEMUTesting

One of Sonic fans that is here, because reasons
Trophies
White Space (not a generations reference)
XP
Country
Poland
Testing SM3DW (and the speed looks bad:()
upload_2016-4-1_21-43-44.png

Jaxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I've noted that for the most part it's AMD GPU users on r/Cemu that are reporting lower than expected performance, in addition to noting that users with AMD CPUs and Nvidia GPUs seem to be just doing just fine by comparison. (see video I posted in page 355)
In my r/Cemu thread I've also tried pointing out the fix is mostly exclusive to AMD users.

Edit~ It's odd, but at this point I've stopped trying to look into it or "why" or "how" it works and am simply content that it DOES work for some.

I'm going to fire up my other rig and see what I can find.

The specs for that PC are: i5 2500K @4.4Ghz....8GB's of DDR3....R9 270x....latest Crimson I think?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.