ROM Hack [Release] CDN-FX - The ultimate eShop Content Downloader!

demon77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can you release a new update off your database then , then we know what is missing and not reporting all double games and codes.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Not sure what update you are looking for? The latest ones we have is the latest one released in the first page and my last post. We only added fixed the few entries I mentioned and are holding off on the post here until we clean that huge file to merge it with ours (and yes I realize it has our entries in there as well.. but again, it's a messy file), then after that we can add the new entries on here that was not on the huge file to avoid duplicates.

We are hoping to get from Jimmsu (the guy who made this huge file) a txt file with just the new entries, so we can easily merge it and verify it.

So really there isn't any update for now. Does that answer your question?

Cha0s Em3rald

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks to everyone who has contributed the new entries, hopefully we can get those added in after the file is sorted out. For now until we get it sorted you can either use the link from the Chaos site by Jimmsu or the latest update in the 1st post

Reactions: peteruk

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Alright guys. As promised, the XML is updated with HUGE amount of new titles. It's about THREE TIMES as big now. Here's the link (which you can also find in the first post):
https://www.mediafire.com/?0v4rof52q8yy5cq

Some info/fun facts:
- The previous XML was about 10000 lines. The new one is about 27000 lines!
- A lot of internal work has been done in the XML. It's correctly aligned now.Also, each category is sorted by TitleID for easy sorting. Also, a date has been added to the top of the XML to give it a version number.
- The XML now has most (if not all?) titles from 3dsdb in the XML. GroovyCIA already has native support for 3dsdb, but it'll be used now as a secondary function where the titles will be displayed only if the database.db is not found
- Many titles were fixed. A handful of duplicates were removed. Still, since this is a huge update, it's very possible that we have made a mistake here or there. Please let us know if so we can fix them.
- While most entries are complete, some still have a missing region or serial. If you know any, please let us know so we can add them.
- The database includes entries for games that didn't even come out yet!

A HUGE thank you to Jimmsu from "That Chaos site" 99% of the new entries were found by him, and around 70% of the XML was his findings. He has also worked with us for the past week to clean up the XML.
We owe you a lot buddy :)
Thanks to @gamesquest1 , @demon77 , @Newest Nick Team for their entries. Some of them were still missing and they are now added.

Keep 'em coming guys. The XML now is more than we ever imagined that it will ever be, and it's only as good as the community makes it to be :)

Yaanu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since Funky/GroovyCIA shows that it's possible to parse the ticket.db file in a legible manner, would it also be possible to use a program such as this to delete tickets from the database file?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Nightly FBI can "delete" ticket.db.

But it's not a real deletion.

After "deleted" your selected ticket, those tickets still can be viewed by GroovyCIA/CoffeeCIA.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW, is there any other mirror of GroovyCIA than dropbox since it's blocked by both China government and my VPN?

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
@Madridi I two entries for eShop Apps that I couldn't find on my GroovyCIA (database.xml from March/11th):
Code:
   <Ticket>
         <name>DBZ: Super Butoden 2</name>
         <region>USA</region>
         <serial>CTR-KDLE</serial>
         <titleid>000400000017BE00</titleid>
   </Ticket>
   <Ticket>
         <name>BRAVELY SECOND Demo</name>
         <region>USA</region>
         <serial>CTR-KHSE</serial>
         <titleid>0004000000183700</titleid>
   </Ticket>

The Dragon Ball Z Super Butoden 2 was a bonus download to those who pre-ordered Dragon Ball Z Extreme Botuden from Amazon USA.
It's a stripped down version of Bandai Namco Presents J Legends Retsuden that have only the DBZ Super Butoden 2 game with a translated eManual for it.

Question, there is a easy way to get the title ID of cartridges (from within *hax or even a CIA tool)? I have two DLC with blank entries on groovycia that are from retail carts that I have.
Answering myself: Pressing select on the cartridge at GridLauncher will give the title ID.

Last edited by Tomy Sakazaki, , Reason: Found how to get title ID on cartridges in a easy way.
Reactions: Madridi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@Madridi I two entries for eShop Apps that I couldn't find on my GroovyCIA (database.xml from March/11th):
Code:
   <Ticket>
         <name>DBZ: Super Butoden 2</name>
         <region>USA</region>
         <serial>CTR-KDLE</serial>
         <titleid>000400000017BE00</titleid>
   </Ticket>
   <Ticket>
         <name>BRAVELY SECOND Demo</name>
         <region>USA</region>
         <serial>CTR-KHSE</serial>
         <titleid>0004000000183700</titleid>
   </Ticket>

The Dragon Ball Z Super Butoden 2 was a bonus download to those who pre-ordered Dragon Ball Z Extreme Botuden from Amazon USA.
It's a stripped down version of Bandai Namco Presents J Legends Retsuden that have only the DBZ Super Butoden 2 game with a translated eManual for it.

Question, there is a easy way to get the title ID of cartridges (from within *hax or even a CIA tool)? I have two DLC with blank entries on groovycia that are from retail carts that I have.
Answering myself: Pressing select on the cartridge at GridLauncher will give the title ID.
Thanks for the additions (That's weird, even though you pinged my name, it didn't notify me). I'll get those added for the next update.

Thanks for the info about cartridges. I'm not sure though how their ticket would be in the db? It shouldn't.. Only CIA gets those..

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the additions (That's weird, even though you pinged my name, it didn't notify me). I'll get those added for the next update.

Thanks for the info about cartridges. I'm not sure though how their ticket would be in the db? It shouldn't.. Only CIA gets those..
Strange, the ID that gridlauncher gives is tottaly different from what HANS get. I'll be using HANS from now on.
Also, got this entry while searching what games use my 2 blank-names dlc:
Code:
   <Ticket>
    <name>Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden</name>
    <region>USA</region>
    <serial>CTR-BDVE</serial>
    <titleid>0004008C0016CD00</titleid>
   </Ticket>

There is one more DLC without an entry and lots of demos that I'll try out.

EDIT: The titleID of a game in retail cartridge is the same as it eShop counterpart.

Last edited by Tomy Sakazaki,
Reactions: Madridi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Strange, the ID that gridlauncher gives is tottaly different from what HANS get. I'll be using HANS from now on.
Also, got this entry while searching what games use my 2 blank-names dlc:
Code:
   <Ticket>
    <name>Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butoden</name>
    <region>USA</region>
    <serial>CTR-BDVE</serial>
    <titleid>0004008C0016CD00</titleid>
   </Ticket>

There is one more DLC without an entry and lots of demos that I'll try out.
Thanks for the addition.
What's that about the different IDs between gridlauncher and HANS? What's that about? And what about the previous 2 entries? Are they correct?

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the addition.
What's that about the different IDs between gridlauncher and HANS? What's that about? And what about the previous 2 entries? Are they correct?
About gridlauncher and HANS.
Gridlauncher will give '1125899907041280' as Title ID for Mario Kart 7
HANS will give '0004000000030800', and that's what GroovyCIA and FunkyCIA actually use.

I can assure that the previous entries are correct, I've generated personal CIA's using my ticket.db and installed those entries one by one and seeing what popped up on home menu.
EDIT: Also I've got the serials by finding them on FBI title launcher option.
The Bravely Second Demo probably have the marker of eShop app (0 instead of 2) because it's one of those "unlimited tries" demo.
I totally dunno how to adjust Bravely Default entry to show up as Demo instead of eShop App, so maybe it's entry will need to be adjusted to show up as Demo on GroovyCIA2.

Last edited by Tomy Sakazaki,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
About gridlauncher and HANS.
Gridlauncher will give '1125899907041280' as Title ID for Mario Kart 7
HANS will give '0004000000030800', and that's what GroovyCIA and FunkyCIA actually use.

I can assure that the previous entries are correct, I've generated personal CIA's using my ticket.db and installed those entries one by one and seeing what popped up on home menu.
EDIT: Also I've got the serials by finding them on FBI title launcher option.
The Bravely Second Demo probably have the marker of eShop app (0 instead of 2) because it's one of those "unlimited tries" demo.
I totally dunno how to adjust Bravely Default entry to show up as Demo instead of eShop App, so maybe it's entry will need to be adjusted to show up as Demo on GroovyCIA2.
Cool, I use FBI to look at the serials myself, and yes those titles from HANS are correct. No idea what that number generated by GridLauncher is.
For the demo, yes there are some special demos such as zelda triforce and super smash that follow gameapp IDs. However, the special demo app has a different ID than the gameapp release, so I'm not sure where the problem is?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!