Homebrew [RELEASE] BootAnim9 - Custom boot animations for your 3DS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
Well, there's an issue in that reasoning, because both BootAnim9 and most (if not all) public CFWs also clear the screens to black, so even if you modded BA9 to not clear to black
Dang that sucks, I wish there was a way to make the black screen not be as long and use the animation for most of it

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll lose a couple of frames, but seeing that it works fine makes me happy. Maybe I'll add a small "Troubleshooting" section to address these issues
Yea, looks just fine. Too bad I can't get the full 30 fps from it though. Either way I'm just plain giddy that I can have my Majora's Mask N3DS XL boot with the intro scene to the Majora's Mask 3d game now. Such a great feature!

D

Deleted User

@Wolfvak You might want to update this under "What on Earth is BootAnim9?"

Basically, it's an ARM9 payload for Arm9Loaderhax which loads a random animation from your SD card, plays it back and then loads ('chainloads') another payload. What does this other payload have to be? Whatever you want it to be, ReiNAND, AuReiNAND (now Luma), CakesFW, Decrpyt9 (spelling), GodMode9, etc.

Great job on the app by the way! :)

XeQMuKeKa

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For some reason, when I start my R4 sdhc gold pro, he's a black screen only solution I found was to take the bootanim9 must be some conflict because the luma 5.4 works perfectly.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For some reason, when I start my R4 sdhc gold pro, he's a black screen only solution I found was to take the bootanim9 must be some conflict because the luma 5.4 works perfectly.
Have you used the pathchanger after you renamed Luma?
If you change the name or location of Lumas Payload you need to use the path changer, or the reboot patches will not work as expected.

Reactions: Wolfvak

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
is this taken from the arm9loaderhax code? or do I actually need to install a9lh to use this? I really want a custom boot animation!!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and has anyone ever thought of turning flipnote studio flipnotes into animations? :3

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
is this taken from the arm9loaderhax code? or do I actually need to install a9lh to use this? I really want a custom boot animation!!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and has anyone ever thought of turning flipnote studio flipnotes into animations? :3

Well, it does use *some* code from the a9lh stage2, but it doesn't really use a9lh code. Yes, you actually need a9lh to use it, are you using menuhax or something? Because it's relatively easy to port over to ctrulib, it's just that I have no real interest in it. I've already made a sort of PoC and when I shared it privately it had a positive reaction. Thing is, I've got a lot of projects in the bg (like a PS2 Linux distro, really cool stuff)

If you cant convert flipnotes to AVIs or GIFs then it's perfectly possible. Even then, you could just send it to someone who has a capture card and ask him/her to record it :)

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if this causes a black frozen screen when trying to boot DS Flashcart

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if this causes a black frozen screen when trying to boot DS Flashcart
It shouldn't. I am using this and my r4i 3ds RTS flashcart works fine. What flashcart are you using? Did you make sure to put the firmware files on the sd card?
Luma, read its wiki about the path changer. It's been mentioned quite a bit here
Also this. Make sure you edited your Luma3DS path. As Doc said, read the Luma3DS wiki.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,
Reactions: dmc310

dmc310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It shouldn't. I am using this and my r4i 3ds RTS flashcart works fine. What flashcart are you using? Did you make sure to put the firmware files on the sd card?

Also this. Make sure you edited your Luma3DS path. As Doc said, read the Luma3DS wiki.
I am on it but it says you have to have a Luma3DS.bin I never saw this file on the folder when I updated it Luma, which file is it asking me to drag ot the pathchanger.exe file is it this Luma3DS.bin or another file

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on it but it says you have to have a Luma3DS.bin I never saw this file on the folder when I updated it Luma, which file is it asking me to drag ot the pathchanger.exe file is it this Luma3DS.bin or another file
You want to change the path of the "arm9loaderhax.bin" that CAME WITH LUMA, NOT ANY OTHER ONES. You also need to rename it "arm9payload.bin" and place it in the "anim" folder on your sd card after you edit the path.

Reactions: dmc310 and Wolfvak

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
It's the same as arm9loaderhax.bin, the one from Luma3DS at least. I'm not too sure about how Luma handles itself nowadays (I use Cakes) but the main payload should be the one you modify.

There's also some websites that allow you to obtain a precompiled version with a modded payload, but in the meantime check this https://github.com/AuroraWright/Lum...ng-luma3ds-work-with-an-external-boot-manager

EDIT: By the way, this suggestion is actually in the first line of the OP, I'll just make it bigger so everyone can see it

Last edited by Wolfvak,
Reactions: dmc310

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Please note that if BootAnim9 hangs on a white screen when the animation(s) finish playing, then it means it can't find '/anim/arm9payload.bin'. Just a little thing to make troubleshooting a bit easier.

I definitely have /anim/arm9payload.bin, but I'm getting a white screen. Is there something stupid I'm not doing?

Also it goes right to the white screen if I hold down R while booting, as I suppose you would expect. :(

Last edited by regnad,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.