Homebrew [RELEASE] BootAnim9 - Custom boot animations for your 3DS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I have tried to make my own boot animation and everything worked quite nicely. The only problem that I have is that the animation is way to slow. I use the 30fps config file but it only play at around 15fps. I don't know if there was something wrong with the mp4 file that I used or something but I just can't figure out whats wrong. I hope someone can help me with this. :)
What speed/class is your sd card?

K0nr4d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It should. What A9LH version are you using? Try switching to 64k cluster size and defragmenting all of your animations.
Don't I have to format my SD card to switch to 64k? Correct me if I'm wrong. ^^

K0nr4d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FAT32, the 3DS does not support any other filesystem. If you have emunand or rednand, get emunand9 and try using that
Time to wait... When I pulled the files from the SD card I had about 120MB/s. Now I have to put it back with about 15MB/s. I think this might take a while. ^^

K0nr4d

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The biggest question should be what was the original fps of the mp4?
It was also 30fps.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I changed my SD card to 64k cluster size but is still plays it to slow. :/ I will check if I made a mistake somewhere else tomorrow since it's getting quite late now.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
It was also 30fps.

I changed my SD card to 64k cluster size but is still plays it to slow. :/ I will check if I made a mistake somewhere else tomorrow since it's getting quite late now.
Umm... sorry? At least your 3DS boots faster... right?
Nevertheless, you should follow @Docmudkipz' advice above, he's become quite an expert with dealing with this format.

EDIT: Try converting it with a lower framerate and then manually swapping the framerate for something higher (25 and higher are the fastest)

Last edited by Wolfvak,

Docmudkipz

Novice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was also 30fps.

Kinda late but run
Code:
 ffmpeg -i <input>
and double check the fps. The only thing outside of the sd card at this point in the payload that would slow it down is an improper framerate. Send the file to me if it still gives you trouble and I can see what I can do

KanterZ

Modder.
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
put any kind of video or animation file through the scripts linked in the OP. Requires ffmpeg in your path to work. Make sure you know the framerate prior so it doesnt look slow or fast
scripts linked? Should I just drag the video file/gif on "makeanim.sh"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...