Homebrew [RELEASE] BootAnim9 - Custom boot animations for your 3DS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImInDaShAdOwZz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's definitely possible but I won't do it because BA is supposed to be something quick, something non-intrusive. There's a config menu though, so maybe I could do something like show the preview of current animations and you can cycle through them with L and R.
Unfortunately, my first period of tests has arrived so I'll be kind of inactive here for a few days/weeks.
That config menu would be amazing. There's no rush so take your time, education always comes first.

All in all, thanks for what we've got so far and good luck!

Reactions: Wolfvak

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my current set up

Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 9.22.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 9.24.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 9.25.02 AM.png

The animation is not showing. I tried replacing the arm9payload in the root of the sd but my 3ds would not boot so i put the original one back. Any ideas?

Reactions: Deleted User

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have the same problem. Did you manage to get it running?

Sadly no.

As i said on a previous page, make sure your a9lh is the screen-init version

EDIT:
Warning: this was written really quickly.
I've had your same issue for ages, but you do need screen init for this to work. Download the latest luma and rename the arm9loaderhax.bin to arm9payload.bin and place into the anim folder on your SD card root. Get the latest SafeA9LHInstaller and putt it's arm9loaderhax.bin on your root, and then get the latest screeninit build of a9lh and put the stage 1 and 2 payloads into a folder named a9lh on your root. load SafeA9LH installer and press SELECT to update, and put your sd back into the computer. replace safea9lhinstaller with bootanim9's arm9loaderhax.bin and put your animations into the anim folder.

D

Deleted User

As i said on a previous page, make sure your a9lh is the screen-init version

EDIT:
Oh okay got it. So I have Luma3DS with no screen-init version of a9lh. Can I just install the screen-init version while having the other one already installed?

Thanks for help.

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh okay got it. So I have Luma3DS with no screen-init version of a9lh. Can I just install the screen-init version while having the other one already installed?

Thanks for help.
You should only be able to have one installed. (unless I've missed some major developments)

D

Deleted User

You should only be able to have one installed. (unless I've missed some major developments)

I'll make some research tomorrow then.

If it is true what you said I will need to restore pre-a9lh backup, right?
Which means all of the stuff I have on the emuNAND will perish?

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Um, no. All it does is update your A9LH install to use the screen init version. Emunand and Sysnand will be fine.

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah but didn't another featured post say that screen init recently merged with the master branch for A9LH if that's the case shouldn't i already have it if i installed it last weekened?
Well if you believe you have that update, you should be able to rename your arm9loaderhax.bin to arm9loaderhax_si.bin or something and it should work fine. If it doesn't, consider the steps I posted above.

Reactions: BurningDesire

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

You could also test bootctr9, it has screen init and top screen animation support, or you could wait for the next bootAnim9 release, it should also have screen init included.

Docmudkipz

Novice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but didn't another featured post say that screen init recently merged with the master branch for A9LH if that's the case shouldn't i already have it if i installed it last weekened?
Which is why the first thing you should be trying is renaming it arm9loaderhax_si.bin, then if it doesn't work go find a screen init version of a9lh.

You can just use SafeA9LH. And no, touching anything to do with A9LH has nothing to do with anything else on either of your nands.

azerti1304

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi. I cant creat anim cause for use make anim and the other programm i need to download a lot of files for windows( my computer is old) and i havent got the administrator acces. Its possible to convert my files in anim please? Thanks in advance .

gif boot luma : bottom anim

gif boot emunand 9 and decrypt 9 : bottom anim

gif boot console : anim

Attachments

• boot console.gif
    boot console.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 313
  • boot emunand 9 and decrypt 9.gif
    boot emunand 9 and decrypt 9.gif
    454.8 KB · Views: 348
  • gif boot Luma.gif
    gif boot Luma.gif
    532.6 KB · Views: 285
Last edited by azerti1304,
Reactions: Februarysn0w
D

Deleted User

So yeah thanks to people here and on /r/3dshacks I got it working.
This post contains all the info posted here and from subreddit, just tried to put this as easy as possible for people that have the same problem as I did.

Firstly download the BootAnim9 and put the anim folder on the root of your sd card. Create folders named from "0" to "9" in the anim folder.
Put animations which you'd like to see (it's random as far as I know) in these folders. But remember to not skip the numbers.
Put 1st animation in the "0" folder then 2nd animation into the "1" folder and so on.
You do not have to have 10 animations.

If you followed Plailect's guide and got Luma3DS with a9lh non screen-init version (you probably did as it says in the guide to download the non screen-init version)
then you can just simply update a9lh to 2+ version with screen-init via this part of the guide. (or just change the a9lh version to the screen-init one if you already updated but used non screen-init version)

Warning: If you have a boot screen and loading payloads after the boot screen selected in Luma3DS settings you need to uncheck this option to be able to get into a9lh menu to update it. (D-Pad down part)

After updating a9lh rename the arm9loaderhax.bin (from the root of your SD card) to arm9payload.bin and put it into the anim folder.
Then place the arm9loaderhax.bin (from the BootAnim9) on the root of your SD card.

I hope this will help anyone that had the same problem as me.
I'm pretty sure everything is written correct here, but feel free to correct me if I've made a mistake.

Edit for Luma3DS v6.3 (or any future updates)
When you update your Luma3DS to the new version (or just update Luma) your boot animation will stop working. I suppose it's because the arm9loaderhax.bin file is getting replaced on the root of your SD.

I think to fix this you'll just need to do the file swap / rename part again. So rename the arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your SD to arm9payload.bin and place it into the anim folder. (replace with the old one)

Get the arm9loaderhax.bin from the BootAnim9 download and place it on the root of your SD.

Edit 2: Just did it again and I confirm it works. So after Luma3DS update, just do this ^

Last edited by ,

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So yeah thanks to people here and on /r/3dshacks I got it working.
This post contains all the info posted here and from subreddit, just tried to put this as easy as possible for people that have the same problem as I did.

Firstly download the BootAnim9 and put the anim folder on the root of your sd card. Create folders named from "0" to "9".
Put animations which you'd like to see (it's random as far as I know) in these folders. But remember to not skip the numbers.
Put 1st animation in the "0" folder then 2nd animation into the "1" folder and so on.
You do not have to have 10 animations.

If you followed Plailect's guide and got Luma3DS with a9lh non screen-init version (you probably did as it says in the guide to download the non screen-init version)
then you can just simply update a9lh to 2+ version with screen-init via this part of the guide. (or just change the a9lh version to the screen-init one if you already updated but used non screen-init version)

Warning: If you have a boot screen and loading payloads after the boot screen selected in Luma3DS settings you need to uncheck this option to be able to get into a9lh menu to update it. (D-Pad down part)

After updating a9lh rename the arm9loaderhax.bin (from the root of your SD card) to arm9payload.bin and put it into the anim folder.
Then place the arm9loaderhax.bin (from the BootAnim9) on the root of your SD card.

I hope this will help anyone that had the same problem as me.
I'm pretty sure everything is written correct here, but feel free to correct me if I've made a mistake.
Pretty much what I wrote a couple pages ago, but it's much simpler to understand. Nice work!

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Pretty much what I wrote a couple pages ago, but it's much simpler to understand. Nice work!

That's correct, just posted the link to the proper guide and tried to add all the extra useful info from all the posts I found. :)

Also thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto