Homebrew [RELEASE] BootAnim9 - Custom boot animations for your 3DS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Iron Rose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm also loading to a black screen, I have the same file tree as above:

I already tried this:

but no use, I noted that if the animation folder is called 0 then it won't boot but if I call it something else it does load but not showing the animation.

*edit: a word
Make sure you have a config file, which was my problem! I had forgotten to specify the frame rate at which the animation should be played. Stupid mistake, but one easy enough to fix.

Azmort

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It just plays the one in 0 folder :/
Edit: today it suddenly worked as intended, dunno what happened :huh:

Last edited by Azmort,

Chif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Make sure you have a config file, which was my problem! I had forgotten to specify the frame rate at which the animation should be played. Stupid mistake, but one easy enough to fix.

I checked and have the config file, I checked the frame rate and it's correct, I get the black screen if the animation folder is called "0" but if I rename it to "1" or something else the 3ds boots normally, if I rename "arm9loaderhax.bin" to "arm9loaderhax_si.bin" the on led just blinks and won't even power on.

I'm just wondering, do this work on O3DS? maybe I'm trying to do a N3DS exclusive thing...

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi,

I'm also loading to a black screen, I have the same file tree as above:

but no use, I noted that if the animation folder is called 0 then it won't boot but if I call it something else it does load but not showing the animation.

Maybe your animation is broken? And since you said that it boots normally without animation, so i can skip the folder structure issue. Try another animation or update your arm9loaderhax.

Chif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe your animation is broken? And since you said that it boots normally without animation, so i can skip the folder structure issue. Try another animation or update your arm9loaderhax.

I changed the animation, updated arm9loaderhax, updated all the files from BootAnim9 and still when the folder is called "0" it just stays on a black screen. Is there a Luma config I may be missing? I'm using the default config, and also tried with the different luma splash options but nothing seems to work.

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I changed the animation, updated arm9loaderhax, updated all the files from BootAnim9 and still when the folder is called "0" it just stays on a black screen. Is there a Luma config I may be missing? I'm using the default config, and also tried with the different luma splash options but nothing seems to work.

That's weird but BootAnim9 DO works on Old3DS, as example, i'm a O3DS user.

Can you post a pic of the folder structure you have? Including the structure on /anim/ folder.

Chif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Here are the pics:

Root:
upload_2016-10-13_20-43-31.png

/anim/:
upload_2016-10-13_20-43-43.png

/anim/0/:
upload_2016-10-13_20-43-54.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-13_20-43-16.png
    upload_2016-10-13_20-43-16.png
    2.2 KB · Views: 278
Reactions: Autz

Chif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Reposting pics with file size:

Root:
upload_2016-10-13_20-55-28.png

/anim/:

upload_2016-10-13_20-56-0.png

/anim/0/:

upload_2016-10-13_20-56-49.png

Try these:

1.- Change the "arm9loaderhax.bin" name to: "arm9loaderhax_si.bin"

I changed the name and my 3DS wouldn't even stay on, only flash the power led and then stay off.

Could someone lend me an animation that's working for you so I could try with that? maybe I'm being unlucky on animation selection.

Attachments

• upload_2016-10-13_20-57-11.png
    upload_2016-10-13_20-57-11.png
    2 KB · Views: 295

Wolfvak

nyaa~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Reposting pics with file size:

Root:
View attachment 66017

/anim/:

View attachment 66018

/anim/0/:

View attachment 66019

I changed the name and my 3DS wouldn't even stay on, only flash the power led and then stay off.
I've a feeling that you're using a really old version of arm9loaderhax which doesn't support screen initialization at all. I might be wrong about this, but try updating your k9lh installation.
You can find links to instructions to do so on this threads' featured posts.

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela

Could someone lend me an animation that's working for you so I could try with that? maybe I'm being unlucky on animation selection.

Try this files and overwrite the ones you have. It comes with the recent Luma3DS as Payload:

Attachments

• arm9loaderhax_si.rar
    471.8 KB · Views: 303

Chif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've a feeling that you're using a really old version of arm9loaderhax which doesn't support screen initialization at all. I might be wrong about this, but try updating your k9lh installation.
You can find links to instructions to do so on this threads' featured posts.

I updated my installation following plailect guide on updating a9lh, used the latest version files that @Autz told me and it finally worked, I think you were right on the version for a9lh, thanks a lot for your patience and support.!

Reactions: Wolfvak

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I updated my installation following plailect guide on updating a9lh, used the latest version files that @Autz told me and it finally worked, I think you were right on the version for a9lh, thanks a lot for your patience and support.!

At least is interesting to see what happends with outdated installation.

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
I too am getting a black screen. I tried replacing everything with the file Autz provided. Any ideas?

Edit: Scratch that it's just shutting down.
Edit 2: Okay it only shuts down immediately if I'm using arm9loaderhax_si.bin instead of just arm9loaderhax.bin

Still black screens though. Reverting to my other a9lh.bin though still works as normal, but I'd like to see if I can get this to work still.

Can someone tell me exactly what I'm supposed to do?

I have my arm9loaderhax.bin that works fine with luma3ds. First I moved it from the SD root into the anim folder, and put the arm9loaderhax.bin that came with this tool on my SD root. For the sake of skipping useless stuff I did, next I put used autz's anim folder (with both my arm9loaderhax.bin & the one his had - seperately) in the SD root but still it just black screens.

If I rename arm9loaderhax.bin from root to arm9loaderhax_si.bin it just shuts off.

Last edited by sniper_x002,

Docmudkipz

Novice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too am getting a black screen. I tried replacing everything with the file Autz provided. Any ideas?

Edit: Scratch that it's just shutting down.
Edit 2: Okay it only shuts down immediately if I'm using arm9loaderhax_si.bin instead of just arm9loaderhax.bin

Still black screens though. Reverting to my other a9lh.bin though still works as normal, but I'd like to see if I can get this to work still.

Can someone tell me exactly what I'm supposed to do?

I have my arm9loaderhax.bin that works fine with luma3ds. First I moved it from the SD root into the anim folder, and put the arm9loaderhax.bin that came with this tool on my SD root. For the sake of skipping useless stuff I did, next I put used autz's anim folder (with both my arm9loaderhax.bin & the one his had - seperately) in the SD root but still it just black screens.

If I rename arm9loaderhax.bin from root to arm9loaderhax_si.bin it just shuts off.
Update your a9lh to the latest repo from Aurora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo