• Replies 1,792
  • Likes 103

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSiWare titles are just .NDS files in a container, I believe you can run DSiWare titles that don't need DSi-exclusive features on a flashcart of some sort, so different headers seems less likely.
we would also need to figure out how to actually launch them from the SD card too... I always hated how it had to be installed to the nand

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Well, i always put brightness up to max. But even with brightness settings on max, gba games makes me feel that i'm play on my old gba sp ags-001, not on 3ds xl, lol.

This is brighter than the gba sp ags 001. Check the same game, same place and you'll see that it is brighter :)

Yoshi9288

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Its an Shame i dont can run my Converted Game beacuse the Gateway Mode dosn`t Support the AGB_FIRM. :(

And i can`t setup the Pasta CFW because i have no Cubic Ninja. :(

OK Nervermind i got PastaCFW Running ^^

The Converted Game works Perfect. ^^

Last edited by Yoshi9288,

Frieren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And i can`t setup the Pasta CFW because i have no Cubic Ninja. :(
You don't need cubic ninja if you have gateway and old 3ds:
Yes, well it depends, what system FW are you on? If 4.5 get a seperate SD card (2gb should suffice) throw the gateway launcher.dat, boot sysnand gateway mode, install fbi cia, put pasta launcher.dat onto sd and boot pasta mode and use FBI to install GBA Ware, For 9.2 do the same thing except use cubic ninja to boot pasta.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't suppose you'd know how to fix the save for Mystery Dungeon? No worries if you've got other things on, I just know it uses the same 1mb save thingy and refuses to save on the 3DS >:C

EDIT: @yafeee was so kind as to make the patch for Mystery Dungeon, so here it is if anybody else wants it. Tested on the Rising Sun dump of the game (I'd have tried my own dump but only the heavens know where that cart is).

Attachments

• Save Fix - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team (E).zip
    274 bytes · Views: 439
Last edited by Scarlet,
Reactions: CeeDee and AmeenX

AmeenX

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Algeria
I don't suppose you'd know how to fix the save for Mystery Dungeon? No worries if you've got other things on, I just know it uses the same 1mb save thingy and refuses to save on the 3DS >:C

EDIT: @yafeee was so kind as to make the patch for Mystery Dungeon, so here it is if anybody else wants it. Tested on the Rising Sun dump of the game (I'd have tried my own dump but only the heavens know where that cart is).
Thanks you very much dude

nacimem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Someone managed to run GBA games on rxtools ? I can not play any of my works , I patched AGB_FIRM but nothing works

nacimem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh , well , in fact I unlinked my sysnand and my emunand , that is why my games were not working , so I will use the pasta for GBA games

thanks you for your response

Reactions: AmeenX

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to download 0004013800000202 v4816 using 3DNUS v1.9. The radio button next to Old 3ds is checked and greyed out. I can't change it to New 3ds, however the .cia seems to still download. Is that the correct install for my N3DS?

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Has anyone been able to generate a working Pokémon game (Fire Red, Leaf Green or Emerald) using the fixes made by AmeenX? I think I must be messing up generating the footer or ips patching an incompatible dump. Emerald white screens and Fire Red/Leaf Green give the save error. If anyone can nudge me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Also kudos to all devs involved in these wonderful projects. You really have the scene jumping right now.

Reactions: JJTapia19

JJTapia19

I fight for my friends.
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Has anyone been able to generate a working Pokémon game (Fire Red, Leaf Green or Emerald) using the fixes made by AmeenX? I think I must be messing up generating the footer or ips patching an incompatible dump. Emerald white screens and Fire Red/Leaf Green give the save error. If anyone can nudge me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. Also kudos to all devs involved in these wonderful projects. You really have the scene jumping right now.
I'm having the same white screen error with emerald. The only one I could run was the one with the specific md5 not the (TrashMan) one but it didn't save properly. The trashman with the ips patch leads me to whitescreen :/ don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Riku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Video shows launching GBA games under 9.8 EmuNAND.
It doesn't require installing anything into SysNAND, but both NANDs should be linked (share settings and icons).

Reactions: Margen67

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, i always put brightness up to max. But even with brightness settings on max, gba games makes me feel that i'm play on my old gba sp ags-001, not on 3ds xl, lol.
There's a reason for that. Since the original GBA screen had no backlight, and even the later GBA SP wasn't very bright either, game developers used brighter color palletes to compensate. The result is washed out colors when playing in other devices, making the game appearance look unnaturally bright. To show this difference here is the snes version of Super Mario World in the left and the gba version in the right.

smw_snes-gba_color.png

Nintendo probably noted this issue and decided to lower the brightness in the 3DS when in GBA mode. I applaud their effort to do so, since in the DS Lite gba games looks like crap. I tell you though that I have a front-lit GBA SP and I can only think that at least someone must have gone blind by playing it in the dark everyday, since the front-light does a better job putting unnecesarry light directly in your eyes than actually illuminating the screen. I assure you, the GBA image on the 3DS is waaaaaaay better.

Last edited by RodrigoDavy,

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
There's a reason for that. Since the original GBA screen had no backlight, and even the later GBA SP wasn't very bright either, game developers used brighter color palletes to compensate. The result is washed out colors when playing in other devices, making the game appearance look unnaturally bright. To show this difference here is the snes version of Super Mario World in the left and the gba version in the right.

View attachment 20156

Nintendo probably noted this issue and decided to lower the brightness in the 3DS when in GBA mode. I applaud their effort to do so, since in the DS Lite gba games looks like crap. I tell you though that I have a front-lit GBA SP and I can only think that at least someone must have gone blind by playing it in the dark everyday, since the front-light does a better job putting unnecesarry light directly in your eyes than actually illuminating the screen. I assure you, the GBA image on the 3DS is waaaaaaay better.

YES! Thank you for explaining to the people that werent old enough to own a gba during its prime time. Last years I have tried to play GBA games on the gba sp/gba sp ags 101, PSP, Computer, Wii U, NDS, etc etc.. This is the absolute best way we can play gba games. I have been waiting 10 years for this time to come, to replay my favorite gba games. So far i just love them!

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1