Not open for further replies.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
QUOTE said:
I am not 100% sure about this. I think it would be illegal to distribute the files from the disc since they are obviously Nintendo's files. Copyright?

we can use IPS like patch to distribute mods with out any LEGAL repercussions
wink.gif
JUST LIKE ANY HACKED ROM some tools DO have iso support for IPS patching i know that for a fact
wink.gif

I don't think the IPS format would work here. It has file size limitations that very well may get in the way here.

I think UPS or xdelta would work better, since they are designed for bigger things.

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The next step is to get online support and be able to download level packs kind of like you can with homebrew browser...

That would be sweet.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hundshamer said:
My question is if they remake Super Mario Bros. 3 or World how are they going to make up for the raccoon suit, the feather, warp zones (whistle), or the world map?

raccoon suit and feather can be replaced with helicopter suit the warp zones are hidden in the levels which you'd have to find but i'd say you'll only be able to have them in the levels where the originals were cos you can't change the map paths themselves ?

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
This looks awesome, Treeki! A nice userfriendly Level Editor.

Cant wait to make my own levels
tongue.gif
Keep up the good work
biggrin.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
a few questions.

1. Does it create Ocarina codes or some files for TranslatIOS? I don't use USB, and I want some way to make levels without burning a new disc.
2. If it doesn't, can you make it able to use TranslatIOS?
3. Can you edit the hint videos?
4. Can you add an overworld (map) editor?

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
In reply to YayMii's questions...

1. Does it create Ocarina codes or some files for TranslatIOS? I don't use USB, and I want some way to make levels without burning a new disc.
Right now it creates modified .arc files which can be inserted into the ISO using WiiScrubber. I'm unsure about how to make Ocarina codes, and the people I'm talking to say it's not doable - I'm looking into it but don't be sure about it.

2. If it doesn't, can you make it able to use TranslatIOS?
Should be possible.

3. Can you edit the hint videos?
Not yet. I know where the data for them is, but I don't know how the format works.

4. Can you add an overworld (map) editor?
This will be a pretty complicated task - it's not impossible but it's not easy either. Editing the map involves modifying some CSV files (easy enough once the meaning of each value is figured out) which is the easier part, and modifying the models.

And for a progress update:

- Entrances/exits (this includes the start point, doors, pipes, etc) are now viewable! I haven't implemented editing for them yet - but I have all the data I need for it.

- Views are also viewable! I still haven't figured out all the data for these.

- Sprite identifying is coming along great!

- More features are being added!

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Good to see you finally posting this here, this looks much better than the other level editor. You should make more editors for other games!

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
Jdbye said:
Good to see you finally posting this here, this looks much better than the other level editor. You should make more editors for other games!
I already have far too many projects
frown.gif
Plus I don't know what other games I could hack which I'm interested in.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
for a port it looks great any chance of a ETA? thanks in advanced! also do you have a place to report values i found out what a few of the unknowns represent in virus and vash's tool and posted that in the other thread but i was curious if you had any documentation about that you could guide me 2? thanks again cant wait for this!

EnigmaXtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im really surprised why they didnt include a level editor with this game, i mean come on most people just ripped off Mario levels in Little Big Planet anyway, I also wouldn't have mind online multiplayer and Super Mario All Stars

Treeki

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
vettacossx said:
for a port it looks great any chance of a ETA? thanks in advanced! also do you have a place to report values i found out what a few of the unknowns represent in virus and vash's tool and posted that in the other thread but i was curious if you had any documentation about that you could guide me 2? thanks again cant wait for this!
No ETA right now: I don't want to release an unfinished/buggy tool so I'm going to take as long as I need to.

Me and my team are working on figuring out all the sprites and their associated data and we most likely have (or will soon have) those figured out - but if you still want to contribute, feel free to post them here and I'll take a look.

Rikku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Congratulations for the work so far!
Say, in the future, could there be other characters? Such as Peach, for instance... I was wondering how that could work. Nevertheless, a level editor will be splendid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated