Hacking RB2 Customs - Proof of Concept

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Mrkinator said:
HisshouBuraiKen said:
Whatever, the video makes its point and when you get a new PC someday you'll have a nice capture card already. Now get back to work code monkey!
biggrin.gif
lol good point
tongue.gif
And I'm not the coder >.> (I wish I could code)

Another video should be up when my copy of GH3 finishes dumping.

I have a nice capture card and I've done some RB2 videos on my youtube channel so feel free to ask if you need help recording.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowChaos said:
do the animations work with GH3/A when exported, and do i need to have the ISO, i only have the discs, and i don't wanna dump them, it never works
AerialX told me they do, but the drummer and vocalist look very bored
tongue.gif
. Sorry you do need the ISO. I know your pain, I can never dump properly, just get the ISO off of tbp.

As to my capture card, I'll play with the settings today, see if maybe I can sacrifice some quality
wacko.gif

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowChaos said:
Mrkinator said:
just get the ISO off of tbp.
does it take a long time to DL, i am planning on making a GH3 hack in the future, when i get good charters
Depends on what torrent you get, mine is going quite fast (Dumping would be faster, but my wifi = fail
frown.gif
)

Any mods out there wanna change the Title of this thread for me? Please?

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
ShadowChaos said:
Mrkinator said:
does it take a long time to DL, i am planning on making a GH3 hack in the future, when i get good charters
Depends on what torrent you get, mine is going quite fast (Dumping would be faster, but my wifi = fail
frown.gif
)

You oughta use Wanionkoko's DVD dumper utility. You can use a regular SD with it. I use my 2 GB for Homebrew, so I don't have much data to dump on it, but I'm still able to dump it with a 1GB card in 6 parts and combine it on my PC. Works just like any other ISO that you find on tpb.
tongue.gif

ShadowChaos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gamemaster1379 said:
Mrkinator said:
ShadowChaos said:
Mrkinator said:
frown.gif
)

You oughta use Wanionkoko's DVD dumper utility. You can use a regular SD with it. I use my 2 GB for Homebrew, so I don't have much data to dump on it, but I'm still able to dump it with a 1GB card in 6 parts and combine it on my PC. Works just like any other ISO that you find on tpb.
tongue.gif
can i use my 8GB flash drive, i have about 6 GB left, but whenever i try to dump it, it says it has an error, i'll try it with the SD method, i have a 2GB, 3 1GB, and a 512MB cards

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will we be able to make customs where just one instrument is available?

If so, is it possible to remove the unneeded players?

For example: If I have only a drum track, would it be a problem and can the guitarist, bassist and vocalist be removed.

I know there are a few songs that do not have a vocals part, since I have not bought them yet, I do not know if the vocalist is removed or not.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ccfman2004 said:

For example: If I have only a drum track, would it be a problem and can the guitarist, bassist and vocalist be removed.

I know there are a few songs that do not have a vocals part, since I have not bought them yet, I do not know if the vocalist is removed or not.
Yep, You ever play an instrumental in Rock Band like YYZ or Rude Mood? Instead of a difficulty, it shows "NO PART".

I played a song that only had a guitar in it, the others said NO PART.

Edit: Heh, didn't read you post (that you haven't bought it
tongue.gif
). But yeah, if you go in as a part that is a NO PART, it doesn't show up.

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
ccfman2004 said:

Yep, You ever play an instrumental in Rock Band like YYZ or Rude Mood? Instead of a difficulty, it shows "NO PART".

I played a song that only had a guitar in it, the others said NO PART.

Edit: Heh, didn't read you post (that you haven't bought it
tongue.gif
). But yeah, if you go in as a part that is a NO PART, it doesn't show up.

Good, the Pokemon Theme Song doesn't have any bass.
biggrin.gif

(If we can find a full band chart, the band I'm in is going to try a FBFC
tongue.gif
)

ShadowChaos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
I've written a dumper that is faster than any available. It's hidden in my post in the wiidump 1.5 thread.
i used it recently to dunp GH3, it only took 3 hours to dump to my USB flash drive, it is the first dumper that worked

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowChaos said:
tueidj said:
I've written a dumper that is faster than any available. It's hidden in my post in the wiidump 1.5 thread.
i used it recently to dunp GH3, it only took 3 hours to dump to my USB flash drive, it is the first dumper that worked
With tuiedj's SuperDumper, it took me 1 hour to dump to SD
biggrin.gif

gamersclub

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
danspage.tk
XP
Country
Canada
Yes! I'm assuming it installs as DLC right? And will the source be released because I wouldn't mind modifying it so it works with GHWT (because it has a bunch of songs I like that can't be imported.) I have a bunch of guitar hero aerosmith customs which I currently have 1/7 isos on my computer so I can try that for you. I also am giving a friend a copy so I can try online out for you.
(Once it's released of course).
does it work with games like tony hawks downhill jam (which has a good setlist of songs that you can choose from when you play)? I'm assuming the answer is no but it would be awesome if it works
smile.gif

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
ShadowChaos said:
Mrkinator said:
frown.gif
)

OMG!!11! Don't you know how unsecure torrents are!!1! Nintendo's going to come after you, etc., etc. /sarcasm

I thought someone said you had morals? What exactly are they regarding downloading illegal content? While you may be allowed by law to own a backup copy, aren't you required to produce said copy yourself? Better check before you tarnish that awesome rep you have...LOL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nope.