Hacking RawkSD

Xupmatoih

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i heard RawkSD now Dumps Smash Hits and Metallica songs, both games my friend owns and is psyched we can finally get to play GOOD songs on RB2 but, im a bit worried....about the drums... since he owns the Wii versions, and supposedly they dont work with rb2 drums... will we still be able to like edit the charts accordingly?

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
fubka said:
is the leader board RiiVolution based or RSD3?
It's currently only released in a format that works with Riivolution, but will be an integrated part of Rawk3.

Unfortunately, Riivolution and RSD don't play nice together, so if you want to try the custom leaderboards without sacrificing custom songs, I made this:

download

Unfortunately, I can't redistribute the channel shown in the video as the banner is copyrighted by Nintendo

Also, this is NOT the beta. This just takes the publicly available RSD 2.0 from the site and combines it with a loader that enables the custom leaderboard without sacrificing customs.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xupmatoih said:
i heard RawkSD now Dumps Smash Hits and Metallica songs, both games my friend owns and is psyched we can finally get to play GOOD songs on RB2 but, im a bit worried....about the drums... since he owns the Wii versions, and supposedly they dont work with rb2 drums... will we still be able to like edit the charts accordingly?You're asking if the imported drum charts for Smash Hits and GH: Metallica will work with RB2 Wii drums, right? When RawkSD imports, everything is converted into a Rock Band chart, meaning four drum heads (orange gets charted to blue or green, I forget which). And since Rock Band 2 works with all of the Wii's instruments so far, any drum set will work with a song played in RB2 using RawkSD.

QUOTE(grrkodiak @ Jun 1 2010, 07:19 PM) does it read from USB drive also
Assuming you're asking about v3? Rawk v3 will support SDHC, USB, possibly network; this has been mentioned about a million times. The existing "beta" and the channel qwertymod made for it are only to test the leaderboard function that will be included in the final release; this beta does not support any new storage methods.

Maurice10

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Colors (especially on the fretboard) look kind of funny to me when loaded through the channel. The orange is way darker.
Maybe I'm imagining things though since nothing else looks very different.

Edit: I guess it's really just me imagining things. This post is now about the potential dangers of leaderboard cheaters by renaming long songs.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maurice10 said:
Colors (especially on the fretboard) look kind of funny to me when loaded through the channel. The orange is way darker.

Edit: I guess it's really just me imagining things. This post is now about the potential dangers of leaderboard cheaters by renaming long songs.
Yeah, that's your imagination.

Renaming would help you beat customs scores, but RawkSD automatically adds a prefix to the songID to prevent customs from being confused with official songs. So, unless you want to go fiddling with the song data, the official leaderboards are relatively safe. As for customs, who knows. If customs become popular enough, a system could be put in place to check if scores submitted to the RawkSD leaderboard for popular songs are feasible.

calthephenom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
Maurice10 said:

Yeah, that's your imagination.

Renaming would help you beat customs scores, but RawkSD automatically adds a prefix to the songID to prevent customs from being confused with official songs. So, unless you want to go fiddling with the song data, the official leaderboards are relatively safe. As for customs, who knows. If customs become popular enough, a system could be put in place to check if scores submitted to the RawkSD leaderboard for popular songs are feasible.
do you guys have a system in place to ban users who cheat from submitting to the leaderboards/

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
grrkodiak said:
I was talking about what qwertymodo posted since it is using Neogama

No. This is the same version of RawkSD provided from the RawkSD wiki. No USB loading, either for the game itself or for the customs. Yes, it's using NeoGamma, but I removed config options and hardcoded it to only load Rock Band 2, so you can't load the game from USB. You wouldn't be able to anyway, due to the fact that it uses IOS37, which does not have USB loading abilities.

The point of my loader is that the custom leaderboard patch released by the RawkSD team uses Riivolution, which unpatches IOS37, which kills customs. So this allows the custom leaderboard hack to run without Riivolution. So you get everything you already have in RawkSD + custom leaderboards. That's it. Nothing more.

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
Ive used RawkSD since day one and altho i havent used it in a while, i check here when i can for any advancements in Rawk 3.0.
Im more into customs than imports and the 2gb limit is the reason i havent carried on using it. I have a few customs completed but loads in need of minor tweaks, just never got round to finishing them.
Anyway, i like the way its heading with the online leaderboards and possible sharing online of customs, which will make me go ahead and complete and publish them for everyone to use.
My question is will there be any possibility of feedback of customs, or rating ingame, like there is on GH when you download user created songs? And also if tweaks do need to be made how easy will it be to pull the song, change it and re-up it? I presume only the author would be able to do that, if it is possible? Or will this all be done from the PC via a custom website rather than ingame?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
crezwell said:
Ive used RawkSD since day one and altho i havent used it in a while, i check here when i can for any advancements in Rawk 3.0.
Im more into customs than imports and the 2gb limit is the reason i havent carried on using it. I have a few customs completed but loads in need of minor tweaks, just never got round to finishing them.
Anyway, i like the way its heading with the online leaderboards and possible sharing online of customs, which will make me go ahead and complete and publish them for everyone to use.
My question is will there be any possibility of feedback of customs, or rating ingame, like there is on GH when you download user created songs? And also if tweaks do need to be made how easy will it be to pull the song, change it and re-up it? I presume only the author would be able to do that, if it is possible? Or will this all be done from the PC via a custom website rather than ingame?
As it is now you are welcome to create a page on the RawkSD wiki for your custom; upload the finished .rwk on your favorite file host (I use MediaFire), copy the style/infobox from someone else's customs page, and make your own page. The wiki also has a rating system. There are some decent customs up there now but new ones aren't added very frequently and only a handful of people try every custom that's uploaded. It's my hope that the system becomes more popular and a central custom-sharing hotspot emerges in the future.

Also, shameless plug, try my most recent customs:
Panty Raid by Moon Bounce
When Worlds Collide by Powerman 5000
Space Opera by Aram Bedrosian (bass solo)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1