Hacking RawkSD

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm sorry i don't support buying games anymore cause of the money issues here in the states blow monkey ballz to the mother fucking wallz if you guys need that cios corps ios bug fix 37 wad google cio coprs 2 or i'll upload some where. other then here. cause it's vs the rules.

calthephenom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, i installed a new IOS37 (with trucha), and then ran the patcher and RawkSD, but i still get the "the DLC could not be restored to wii memory" (otherwise known as error -lolwtf)
what am i doing wrong?
does rawksd hate my pirated DLC?

zero.echelon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
calthephenom said:
ok, i installed a new IOS37 (with trucha), and then ran the patcher and RawkSD, but i still get the "the DLC could not be restored to wii memory" (otherwise known as error -lolwtf)
what am i doing wrong?
does rawksd hate my pirated DLC?

install a clean IOS37 ¬¬

lazor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DJPlace said:
i'm sorry i don't support buying games anymore cause of the money issues here in the states blow monkey ballz to the mother fucking wallz if you guys need that cios corps ios bug fix 37 wad google cio coprs 2 or i'll upload some where. other then here. cause it's vs the rules.
english, motherfucker, do you speak it?

calthephenom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lazor said:
DJPlace said:
he speaks gangsta dawg XD

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
calthephenom said:
lazor said:
DJPlace said:
he speaks gangsta dawg XD

If you can afford the console, you can afford the games.

Also, when someone does not speak in fluent English or doesn't use correct grammar, etc., it makes me 1) Not want to respond, and 2) Want to talk down to them. I don't care if it's a shortcut, or the like, but the only person who you diminish is you when you speak like that. The clear exception here are those who really can NOT speak fluent English. I generally then commend them for attempting.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not necessarily.

It took me several months for me to save up for mine.
I don't have many games, since they're so expensive. I usually buy 2nd-hand games or just rent them out for a week or so.

As for the English thing, why care?
I can understand him just fine. I personally think it's funny.

DJPlace said:
money issues here in the states blow monkey ballz to the mother fucking wallz
I lol'd
laugh.gif

Anywho, I'm a bit of an RB and GH noob myself. I found a copy of RB2 in a local 2nd-hand shop, but it's standalone, without any instruments.

Is RB2 compatible with GH:WT instruments?
(I hope so, that way I can just borrow my friend's GH:WT set, or maybe even convince him to sell it to me for cheap.)

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
damysteryman said:
Not necessarily.

It took me several months for me to save up for mine.

As it did for me. $5 an hour will only get you so far.

QUOTE said:
I don't have many games, since they're so expensive. I usually buy 2nd-hand games or just rent them out for a week or so.

That's different from what I'm speaking of- I actually do that primarily. You're affording your games one way or another. It's not fair, in my humble opinion, to purchase a console only to pirate everything on it. You just can't justify it.

QUOTE said:
As for the English thing, why care?
I can understand him just fine. I personally think it's funny.

Though I can understand him as well, when people begin to become lazy and need help, or they take lazy shortcuts when trying to defend and/or argue, surely you can see the pitfalls that I mentioned earlier. It's tolerable, but only up to a certain point before you begin to look like a fool.

Anywho, I'm a bit of an RB and GH noob myself. I found a copy of RB2 in a local 2nd-hand shop, but it's standalone, without any instruments.

Is RB2 compatible with GH:WT instruments?
(I hope so, that way I can just borrow my friend's GH:WT set, or maybe even convince him to sell it to me for cheap.)

Yes indeedy. I proudly boast that I use a GHWT guitar, a RB and a GH mic, and I use the GHWT drums as a MIDI-IN for my electronic drumset. RB2, as Szalkow mentioned beforehand, works with nearly every first- and third-party guitar.

Definitely see if you can pick up some older instruments if you're strapped for cash. I reccomend:

1) GH3 Les Paul, $10-$15 used at GameStop by my guesses. Buy two if you like.
2) Rock Band 1 drumset - Szalkow mentioned that the last one he bought he found for $10. I'll take that as true.
3) USB Mic- easily findable for very, very cheap.

All I'd venture to say is that it depends on how many Wii remotes you have- remember that Rock Band instruments run via USB while Guitar Hero instruments use the Wii remote standard. Take that into account when making your purchase and you should be all set, damysteryman.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SFenton said:
2) Rock Band 1 drumset - Szalkow mentioned that the last one he bought he found for $10. I'll take that as true.

All I'd venture to say is that it depends on how many Wii remotes you have- remember that Rock Band instruments run via USB while Guitar Hero instruments use the Wii remote standard. Take that into account when making your purchase and you should be all set, damysteryman.
Forget about finding wii RB instruments in Australia (unless you want to risk ebay). Standalone USB mics are also hard to find, and drums are typically only available in the band hero bundle which is around $140.

(Info based on a wild hunch that damysteryman is in Australia, just like da_letter_a.)

damysteryman

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
QUOTE said:
As it did for me. $5 an hour will only get you so far.
True that.

QUOTE said:
That's different from what I'm speaking of- I actually do that primarily. You're affording your games one way or another. It's not fair, in my humble opinion, to purchase a console only to pirate everything on it. You just can't justify it.Ah true.

That seems to make sense.
But when it comes to morals and views, I just let the owner/user decide, since I can't really do anything about their decision.

Me...
Well, TBH, I sometimes tend to backup some of my more expensive games for safekeeping. I still remember what happened to my PS2 GTS:SA disc... a family member stole it when I wasn't around, then when I got it back, it was so scratched that it was no longer readable, and I had to buy a new copy.

So I try to prevent that from happening these days.
QUOTE said:
Though I can understand him as well, when people begin to become lazy and need help, or they take lazy shortcuts when trying to defend and/or argue, surely you can see the pitfalls that I mentioned earlier. It's tolerable, but only up to a certain point before you begin to look like a fool.
Good ol' noobs. IMO That's just the way they are.
I actually enjoy helping Wii noobs. It makes them happy. Making them happy makes me happy too.

Of course, there are some poeple who do not comprehend or listen to what they are told, but I just see it as a challenge. I just try even harder to help and I eventually get through. Then that noob becomes thankful towards me for helping them. It's a good feeling.

...of course if it's a troll, things are different. Sometimes it's hard for me to distinguish whether someone is a mega-noob or just a troll.

When I see a noob needing help, I just remember that I used to be a noob once too.

...but that's just me. I guess I have a lot of patience with noobs
laugh.gif

I just find it best to not respond to any noob arguments at all. I just let then say/think whatever they want, and let them look like a fool on their own. I've learnt this from past experiences...

But I will try to answer any questions they have with useful info though.

Yes indeedy. I proudly boast that I use a GHWT guitar, a RB and a GH mic, and I use the GHWT drums as a MIDI-IN for my electronic drumset. RB2, as Szalkow mentioned beforehand, works with nearly every first- and third-party guitar.

Definitely see if you can pick up some older instruments if you're strapped for cash. I reccomend:

Nice!

Cheap!

...what about Rock Band ACDC?
All these "frugal RB shopping tips" have gotten me think about trying to find a cheap copy of this one too.

As for wiimotes, I have 2.

Thanks for the advice SFenton!

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
SFenton said:

Forget about finding wii RB instruments in Australia (unless you want to risk ebay). Standalone USB mics are also hard to find, and drums are typically only available in the band hero bundle which is around $140.

(Info based on a wild hunch that damysteryman is in Australia, just like da_letter_a.)

Not that the BH drums are bad or anything- that whole bundle is actually about the best out there as far as I'm concerned. Is that in USD or AUS? I'd venture to say AUS, but, you never know.

damysteryman said:
Ah true.

That seems to make sense.
But when it comes to morals and views, I just let the owner/user decide, since I can't really do anything about their decision.
And a true that to you too.

QUOTEMe...
Well, TBH, I sometimes tend to backup some of my more expensive games for safekeeping. I still remember what happened to my PS2 GTS:SA disc... a family member stole it when I wasn't around, then when I got it back, it was so scratched that it was no longer readable, and I had to buy a new copy.

So I try to prevent that from happening these days.
Another true that. My stuff was in transition a week ago, I backed it up all to my hard drive in case A) Anything happened and B) I still wanted to play my games
tongue.gif

Nice!

Cheap!

...what about Rock Band ACDC?
All these "frugal RB shopping tips" have gotten me think about trying to find a cheap copy of this one too.

As for wiimotes, I have 2.

Thanks for the advice SFenton!

AC/DC only works with the GH3/WT guitar, I'm afraid; but that's no longer an issue once you use RawkSD to import it to RB2. (It's not even really "AC/DC" anyways; it's a TP with AC/DC songs, with normal RB backgrounds. It's no TBRB or GDRB.)

And you're welcome. I love helping people with Rock Band. You should see my yearbook I just got signed
tongue.gif
People were writing about "RawkSD this" "Chart me that" etc. I should get a picture
smile.gif

P.S. As RawkSD 3.0 will (may? Dunno if it's changed) support PS2/3 Rock Band instruments (don't be fooled, they are the EXACT SAME), if you can find some of those, not only do you get to use them on Wii, but you have the advantage of compatibility on another system as well.

damysteryman

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That's all RB:ACDC is?

Didn't know that.

Well in that case, once I get my RB2 setup going, I'll just use RawkSD to play ACDC songs.

...we really seem to agree on a lot of things.

Thanks again for your help.

jas20

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SFenton said:
P.S. As RawkSD 3.0 will (may? Dunno if it's changed) support PS2/3 Rock Band instruments (don't be fooled, they are the EXACT SAME), if you can find some of those, not only do you get to use them on Wii, but you have the advantage of compatibility on another system as well.
Just throwing this out there as a cheap solution to the 'last resort / can't wait to use' scenario like I faced.

If you're crafty with PPC/disassembler/HEX editor, you can do what tueidj said and replace the controller detection function to allow mixed controllers with virtually no hassle. You can then run the game using a modified Neogamma (to use IOS 37-248), an alt-dol on a USB HDD (so SD DLC/RawkSD still works), and the retail RB2 disc. That's also one less USB port you can use.

Or if you manage to obtain for example a Wii drum controller or two already supported guitar controllers, you can make the remaining PS RB controller(s) work by using a similar method. Except all you need to do is use a HEX editor to check the location of something and patch it with a wonderful WIP file sitting on the SD card. DLC/RawkSD and both USB ports should work. I currently use this.
You can base this off the following if you like the integrated RawkSD 2, but I couldn't be bothered cutting out the RB2 lock and putting in the PAL version of Rawk:
http://gbatemp.net/t165332-rawksd?view=fin...t&p=2880244

I've posted a few notes and the WIP patches for the PAL version of RB1 (untested), RB2, LRB, TB:RB/GD:RB (SDHC untested) that just replaces the not-a-valid-controller result with a forced one (so you can make a PS guitar appear as a drum controller if you're feeling odd) here:
http://gbatemp.net/t165332-rawksd?view=fin...t&p=2583684

You could also wait for Rawk3. Then if you want alien controllers for games other than RB2 you could just use Riivolution. SDHC will probably work too (but DO NOT take my word on anything Rawk/Riivolution related).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/OLqeHmZp-Wc?si=gnlLbzZEgWiNp5E5