Hacking RawkSD

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
Szalkow said:
crezwell said:
Ive used RawkSD since day one and altho i havent used it in a while, i check here when i can for any advancements in Rawk 3.0.
Im more into customs than imports and the 2gb limit is the reason i havent carried on using it. I have a few customs completed but loads in need of minor tweaks, just never got round to finishing them.
Anyway, i like the way its heading with the online leaderboards and possible sharing online of customs, which will make me go ahead and complete and publish them for everyone to use.
My question is will there be any possibility of feedback of customs, or rating ingame, like there is on GH when you download user created songs? And also if tweaks do need to be made how easy will it be to pull the song, change it and re-up it? I presume only the author would be able to do that, if it is possible? Or will this all be done from the PC via a custom website rather than ingame?
As it is now you are welcome to create a page on the RawkSD wiki for your custom; upload the finished .rwk on your favorite file host (I use MediaFire), copy the style/infobox from someone else's customs page, and make your own page. The wiki also has a rating system. There are some decent customs up there now but new ones aren't added very frequently and only a handful of people try every custom that's uploaded. It's my hope that the system becomes more popular and a central custom-sharing hotspot emerges in the future.

Also, shameless plug, try my most recent customs:
Panty Raid by Moon Bounce
When Worlds Collide by Powerman 5000
Space Opera by Aram Bedrosian (bass solo)
Ok cheers, just had a quick look and could only see 12 customs there? is that right? Not sure i can compete with some of the full band stuff on there tho, i tend to stick to guitar and drums. I also have only expert charted for all my songs, tho i tend to go for "fun/"songs i like" and not ones to try and break my instruments. Is there any problems uploading mine with those limitations?
Also (noob disclaimer *here*), where do i extract the .rwk file from to upload, havent worked with them before.

zero.echelon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
calthephenom said:
zero.echelon said:
calthephenom said:
does rawksd work with darkcorp?
i finally installed darkcorp, haven't tested it yet

It should. You have to restore your IOS37 and patch it with RawkSD
ok, its a legit disc, i just want piracy features for other games =D

I only own RB2 (and WiiSports)
But i don't need DarkCORP, I only play RB xD

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zero.echelon said:
ZOMG! When Worlds Collide!!!
Haven´t heard that song since THPS2! xDI no rite? It was my favorite song on the THPS2 soundtrack, and it's still one of my PM5K faves.

QUOTE(crezwell @ Jun 4 2010, 01:26 PM) Ok cheers, just had a quick look and could only see 12 customs there? is that right? Not sure i can compete with some of the full band stuff on there tho, i tend to stick to guitar and drums. I also have only expert charted for all my songs, tho i tend to go for "fun/"songs i like" and not ones to try and break my instruments. Is there any problems uploading mine with those limitations?
Also (noob disclaimer *here*), where do i extract the .rwk file from to upload, havent worked with them before.
Unfortunately yeah, only a handful of people have added customs to the wiki.

Songs with only some instruments and difficulties are to be expected, you are still free to upload those - just include/edit the appropriate information on the song page.

A .rwk file is basically an importable/exportable zip file of the custom. To get one, select a song in RawkSD on the computer and use Customs > Export to File. It will also prompt you if you want to include or exclude the audio (remember that sharing songs you don't own or have rights to is illegal). If you have a .rwk you want to import, just use Import > Custom From File.

I've also been reminded that if you don't have a file host, you can upload .rwk files to the wiki itself.

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
Szalkow said:
zero.echelon said:
ZOMG! When Worlds Collide!!!
Haven´t heard that song since THPS2! xDI no rite? It was my favorite song on the THPS2 soundtrack, and it's still one of my PM5K faves.

QUOTE(crezwell @ Jun 4 2010, 01:26 PM) Ok cheers, just had a quick look and could only see 12 customs there? is that right? Not sure i can compete with some of the full band stuff on there tho, i tend to stick to guitar and drums. I also have only expert charted for all my songs, tho i tend to go for "fun/"songs i like" and not ones to try and break my instruments. Is there any problems uploading mine with those limitations?
Unfortunately yeah, only a handful of people have added customs to the wiki.

Songs with only some instruments and difficulties are to be expected, you are still free to upload those - just include/edit the appropriate information on the song page.

A .rwk file is basically an importable/exportable zip file of the custom. To get one, select a song in RawkSD on the computer and use Customs > Export to File. It will also prompt you if you want to include or exclude the audio (remember that sharing songs you don't own or have rights to is illegal). If you have a .rwk you want to import, just use Import > Custom From File.

I've also been reminded that if you don't have a file host, you can upload .rwk files to the wiki itself.

Thanks for the info, i might dig mine out then and upload them.

calthephenom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bawww. i recently installed DARKCORP, and i'm trying to reinstaller RawkSD, but all i get is that hilarious pirate song, any way to get around this?

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:

Hell, as long as we're shamelessly plugging:
90% Done: Runaway - Lyrics for Monday (Youtube)
100% Done: The End - Lyrics for Monday (Drums) (Guitar/Bass) (Download)
100% Done: Crap Rap - ISTALK_U feat. Mrkinator (Youtube) (Download) - NOTE: There are vocals, it just wasn't recorded in the video. I think of this song as how the players are akin to Van Gogh- they want to slice off their ears.
40% Done: Stairway to Heaven (Nothing yet)

QUOTE(calthephenom @ Jun 6 2010, 05:38 AM) bawww. i recently installed DARKCORP, and i'm trying to reinstaller RawkSD, but all i get is that hilarious pirate song, any way to get around this?

Uninstall Darkcorp?

calthephenom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
Szalkow said:

100% Done: Crap Rap - ISTALK_U feat. Mrkinator (Youtube) (Download) - NOTE: There are vocals, it just wasn't recorded in the video. I think of this song as how the players are akin to Van Gogh- they want to slice off their ears.

QUOTE(calthephenom @ Jun 6 2010, 05:38 AM) bawww. i recently installed DARKCORP, and i'm trying to reinstaller RawkSD, but all i get is that hilarious pirate song, any way to get around this?

Uninstall Darkcorp?
bawww

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
calthephenom said:
SFenton said:
Szalkow said:

Uninstall Darkcorp?
bawww

get ciocorps version 2 ios37 bug fix wad and install it with wad manger

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
calthephenom said:
bawww. i recently installed DARKCORP, and i'm trying to reinstaller RawkSD, but all i get is that hilarious pirate song, any way to get around this?
Uninstall DarkCORP, or at least uninstall the corp'd IOS37 and replace it with a saner one. DarkCORP makes RawkSD very angry.

Also, the pirate song is triggered by having haxx'd DLC tickets installed. To circumvent this and revert to normal menu music, uninstall those and pay for what you play.

DarkChili

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
calthephenom said:
Uninstall DarkCORP, or at least uninstall the corp'd IOS37 and replace it with a saner one. DarkCORP makes RawkSD very angry.

Also, the pirate song is triggered by having haxx'd DLC tickets installed. To circumvent this and revert to normal menu music, uninstall those and pay for what you play.

Just to be a jerk here, does illegal DLC cause the pirate song? Cause I am a filthy DLC pirate and I have not heard the pirate song in RawkSD.

zero.echelon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
D34DL1N3R said:
What is the guitar with the most compatibility with RawkSD? A Guitar Hero World Tour or GH5 guitar? Something else?
Compatibillity of RawkSD is like... every wii instrument available ever! seriously, you can use any wii instrument.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
D34DL1N3R said:
What is the guitar with the most compatibility with RawkSD? A Guitar Hero World Tour or GH5 guitar? Something else?
Since RawkSD uses Rock Band 2, every first-party Wii guitar and most third-party ones will work. Rock Band 2 guitars offer the best "compatibility" as they offer the special features of RB2 (solo frets, effects switch) and have better hardware than the dismal RB1 guitars. Guitar Hero guitars are also popular due to the button and strum bar design.

The general advice is "get the cheapest new first-pary guitar you can find". GH3 guitars are probably the best quality for lowest money.

calthephenom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
calthephenom said:

i can still use RawkSD though, right? because i just so happen to love that song with a passion
EDIT: just looked it up, and the pirate song is from Lazy Town, making it copyrighted.
self righteous bastard

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
calthephenom said:
EDIT: just looked it up, and the pirate song is from Lazy Town, making it copyrighted.
self righteous bastard
A 7 second audio loop taken from youtube is hardly the same thing as pirating as many wii games as you can get your hands on and then distributing the download links. And for all you know we might have permission to do whatever the hell we want with it, including making fun of clueless twats who expose their own piracy by saying "Hey I love the RawkSD priate musak!", so GTFO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: shows what you know nobody would ever say that about my mom