Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
SFenton said:
Yeah, that too.

Who recently has joined IRC and actually, you know, stayed?
Since you asked, DGXP, Ezzelin, inimitable and LeeSD all seem to be recent frequent visitors.

Touche.

Betas will not be released outside IRC and customs can be posted on the wiki.

Again touche. Accept my concessions.

Envido32

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Argentina
SFenton said:
If you all wish, join the RawkSD page on Facebook. I'll keep it updated with the latest news, betas, blabberys, and more- just search RawkSD and click on "Product/Service", not "Group" (the group one is outdated).

This is also a great opportunity to mingle with other Rawkers, exchange FCs, get FCs (cwutididthar?), and share your custom charts and more! Definitely check it out if you're even remotely interested.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/RawkSD/12275...&ref=search

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Envido32 said:
SFenton said:
If you all wish, join the RawkSD page on Facebook. I'll keep it updated with the latest news, betas, blabberys, and more- just search RawkSD and click on "Product/Service", not "Group" (the group one is outdated).

This is also a great opportunity to mingle with other Rawkers, exchange FCs, get FCs (cwutididthar?), and share your custom charts and more! Definitely check it out if you're even remotely interested.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/RawkSD/12275...&ref=search

Finnulf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tueidj said:
Betas will not be released outside IRC and customs can be posted on the wiki.

Speaking strictly for myself, I'm not putting mIRC back on my PC for the first time in years and then hanging around a chat room in hopes of being tossed a scrap.

I greatly appreciate what you folks are doing, I just won't be able to take part in any of the beta testing, given those criteria.

Keep up the good work,
Finnulf

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's fine. But there are some people who have indeed been hanging around for nearly 12 months, since before v1 ever came out. Plus, trying to do troubleshooting via email and forums just plain sucks.

Finnulf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tueidj said:
That's fine. But there are some people who have indeed been hanging around for nearly 12 months, since before v1 ever came out. Plus, trying to do troubleshooting via email and forums just plain sucks.

Agreed, lot easier to communicate in real-time. However, the sporadic nature of when I would even be able to visit any specific chatroom means I can't guarantee that I'd even cross paths with any of the devs.

Here's to hoping v3 is just around the corner... I'm looking forward to having all of my DLC in one place - there's no way I'm reinvesting that kind of money into RB2 DLC on my 360 (much less having so many duplicate instruments).

Regards,
Finnulf

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Finnulf said:
Agreed, lot easier to communicate in real-time. However, the sporadic nature of when I would even be able to visit any specific chatroom means I can't guarantee that I'd even cross paths with any of the devs.It's summer, and Aaron and tueidj are working for an inhuman number of hours every day, during which they're lurking in the channel. It's pretty easy to get ahold of them or any of a handful of people who are semi-helpful with questions.

QUOTE(Finnulf @ May 23 2010, 01:54 AM) Here's to hoping v3 is just around the corner... I'm looking forward to having all of my DLC in one place - there's no way I'm reinvesting that kind of money into RB2 DLC on my 360 (much less having so many duplicate instruments).
Progress is being made. I'm guessing everyone will be pleasantly surprised with the features and options available. v3 could make USB drives as obsolete as SD cards when it comes to storing Rock Band DLC (or so Aaron hopes).

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DaeronR said:
So... Are we getting wireless PC-Wii connection??
Since v3 is based around Riivolution, it should include RiiFS-style directory handling, meaning a shared folder on your computer in your local network could be used to store DLC in addition to SD, SDHC, and USB. Aaron's already tested it on his home network (though he's keeping it to himself atm
wink.gif
). I think they're also testing whether this could work loading customs off of an external server, which would provide interesting opportunities (let users try the latest batch of customs hosted on a central server) but I'm not sure how it's going or whether they plan on including it.

Remember that unless the devs say so, all features are tentative and might change before release.

madillma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sounds really cool and all, but RB3 is gonna come out by the time all this is done. Then we'll be stuck switching between RB2 for all our customs and DLC and waiting for RawkSD 4.0 to support RB3.
frown.gif

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
madillma said:
This sounds really cool and all, but RB3 is gonna come out by the time all this is done. Then we'll be stuck switching between RB2 for all our customs and DLC and waiting for RawkSD 4.0 to support RB3.
frown.gif

Nah, don't worry. Keep complaining like that and they'll be sure to hold off releasing v3 until they can support RB3.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IxthusTiger said:
Szalkow said:
v3 could make USB drives as obsolete as SD cards when it comes to storing Rock Band DLC (or so Aaron hopes).
Rock Band is a party game that is often transported to places without wifi.
This is in addition to, not in place of, the other options. USB and SDHC still included.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Aaron got import source sorting to work, more or less. This was a relatively unused feature for the Wii since the only two sources before now were RB2 or DLC. It certainly helps find my favorite game setlist more quickly
biggrin.gif
of course, the other new features are a lot cooler... maybe I'll take some screenies later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Float like a butterfly burns when I pee lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: