Hacking RawkSD

titiln

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
how can i have separate imports in different sd cards?

i'm asking because i tried to do this once (put different imports in sd card A and sd card B), swapped to card B ingame, and once the songlist was updated i still had some imports from card A showing up, and if i try to load the previews the game crashes

sorry if this has been asked before but at least it's not another question about cios or that dlc hack or release dates

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Short and sweet version:
- Install songs onto first card using pc
- Copy /rawk folder onto second card
- Install songs onto second card using pc
- Copy /rawk folder (which should now have more songs) from second card back to the first
- Install songs on the wii using either card

jlv2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
Short and sweet version:
- Install songs onto first card using pc
- Copy /rawk folder onto second card
- Install songs onto second card using pc
- Copy /rawk folder (which should now have more songs) from second card back to the first
- Install songs on the wii using either card
Ah... Thanks!

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
mephisto2k said:
spiderjjr45 said:
mephisto2k said:
If you are willing to invest a few hours of work and accept the lack of GHV, BH and LEGORB Imports, there is a way to store all your DLC on USB-HDD including alls Rawk-Customs using Hermes uLoader 4.9 and Hermes cIOS v5 [223 with IOS37 Base].

Also, could you elaborate on this?

Sure, but it's a lot of horrible work and testing, but let's start with the easy part

Software you need:
DLC Packer/Unpacker: http://sites.google.com/site/parannoyedwii...packer-unpacker
An undecrypted NAND Dump [using FSTOOLBOX with IOS 249]
Hermes cIOS v5 223 [IOS 37 Base]
Hermes uLoader 4.9
Your Console ID [you get it via XYZZY]
An SDCard with your DLC

First of all you need all the needed DLC Titles on your Wii [usually done if you already have DLC]. Install Hermes cIOS v5 223 [IOS 37Base].

Now you prepare a FAT32 Partition on your USB Drive [I recommend 60 ore more Gigs]. Now start the Homebrewchannel, start FSTOOLBOX and make a full NAND-Backup [be sure u use cIOS 249 for the Dump, because of your Savegame]. This takes a few Minutes. Put your SD-Card [the one with the NAND-Dump] in your PC an Copy everything, which is in the Folder 'FSTOOLBOX' in the root of you SD to your USB-Drive into Folder 'nand' [if it's not there, simply create a new Folder called NAND]. Test, to be sure everything is going right. Put your SD-Card back in your Wii. Plug the USB Drive in, start uLoader 4.9, choose RB2, go to config, choose IOS223, go to CFG2 choose Saves from USB, 'Use DLC from x:/nand/. Boot the game, just to make sure your Savegame works.

That was the simple part, now the tricky part:
Simple way [untested]: Try to redownload your DLC through the Shop. I've tested this with uLoader 4.8A, and it didn't work. Just try it.

Harder, but effective way: Put your SD with your DLC into your PC. In the prvate folder, you will find folders calles 'sZAE', 'sZBE', 'sZCE' and 'sZDE'. These are the folders, where your RB2 DLC is stored [you may not have all of the folders, but thats unimportant]. Copy every folder to your PC, by keeping the sZxE structure. In Order to copy your DLC to your USB HDD, you need the *.bin files decrypted to *.app files. This is, where the DLC-Packer/Unpacker comes in handy. But before you start, you need your console ID. You get this by running XYZZY. Refer to the Readme of DLC-Un/Packer, where you have to store your ID. If everything is done, you need to decrypt the bin Files. Drag every bin File one by one on 'dlcunpack.exe' it will create many *.app files in the folder '0001000563524241'. After you've unpacked all your DLC, take a break, make a coffee and relax a little bit, because you are almost done. You only need to copy your *.app files on your USB-HDD. That's a bit tricky, because you don't now exactly where you have to store it.

These are the folders, where your corresponding DLC has to be:

sZAE = [Insert Letter of USB-HDD]:\nand\title0010005\735a4145\content
sZBE = [Insert Letter of USB-HDD]:\nand\title0010005\735a4245\content
sZCE = [Insert Letter of USB-HDD]:\nand\title0010005\735a4345\content
sZDE = [Insert Letter of USB-HDD]:\nand\title0010005\735a4445\content

Test it, to make sure, everything has gone the right way.

Now to your Customs [not 100% sure, because I'm still testing it].

You MUST have the RawkSD Installer once on your Wii, to create the right titles [before you backed up you NAND]. After that the procedure is almost the same, except that you have to recrypt your bin files first, using 'recrypt-all.bat'. The foldes on your USB-HDD are the following:

cRBA = [Insert Letter of USB-HDD]:\nand\title0010005\63524241\content
cRBB = [Insert Letter of USB-HDD]:\nand\title0010005\63524242\content

If everything went right, you have now all your DLC and Customs on your USB-HDD including the RB2 Savegame. You don't need your SD-Cards anymore from now on, because you have nearly unlimited Space to store.

PS: This way, Rock Band 2 seems to be stucked at loading, but you have to wait about 3-4 Minutes. After RB2 is loaded [you are in the Main Menu now] everything runs fine.

PS2: That's the way I've done it, and it works for me [Customs need more testing, as mentioned]. I can not guarantee, that this works also for you, but you can give it a try. Be sure to Backup all that you change.

PS3: Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Germany
wink.gif

Seems like the overboard way. Going forward 2 steps then back 1. download from nus then run through decrypter, then done, you have the app files, then copy to hard drive / sdhc card

grrkodiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tHciNc said:
mephisto2k said:
spiderjjr45 said:
mephisto2k said:
If you are willing to invest a few hours of work and accept the lack of GHV, BH and LEGORB Imports, there is a way to store all your DLC on USB-HDD including alls Rawk-Customs using Hermes uLoader 4.9 and Hermes cIOS v5 [223 with IOS37 Base].

Also, could you elaborate on this?

Sure, but it's a lot of horrible work and testing, but let's start with the easy part

Software you need:
DLC Packer/Unpacker: http://sites.google.com/site/parannoyedwii...packer-unpacker
An undecrypted NAND Dump [using FSTOOLBOX with IOS 249]
Hermes cIOS v5 223 [IOS 37 Base]
Hermes uLoader 4.9
Your Console ID [you get it via XYZZY]
An SDCard with your DLC

First of all you need all the needed DLC Titles on your Wii [usually done if you already have DLC]. Install Hermes cIOS v5 223 [IOS 37Base].

Now you prepare a FAT32 Partition on your USB Drive [I recommend 60 ore more Gigs]. Now start the Homebrewchannel, start FSTOOLBOX and make a full NAND-Backup [be sure u use cIOS 249 for the Dump, because of your Savegame]. This takes a few Minutes. Put your SD-Card [the one with the NAND-Dump] in your PC an Copy everything, which is in the Folder 'FSTOOLBOX' in the root of you SD to your USB-Drive into Folder 'nand' [if it's not there, simply create a new Folder called NAND]. Test, to be sure everything is going right. Put your SD-Card back in your Wii. Plug the USB Drive in, start uLoader 4.9, choose RB2, go to config, choose IOS223, go to CFG2 choose Saves from USB, 'Use DLC from x:/nand/. Boot the game, just to make sure your Savegame works.

That was the simple part, now the tricky part:
Simple way [untested]: Try to redownload your DLC through the Shop. I've tested this with uLoader 4.8A, and it didn't work. Just try it.

Harder, but effective way: Put your SD with your DLC into your PC. In the prvate folder, you will find folders calles 'sZAE', 'sZBE', 'sZCE' and 'sZDE'. These are the folders, where your RB2 DLC is stored [you may not have all of the folders, but thats unimportant]. Copy every folder to your PC, by keeping the sZxE structure. In Order to copy your DLC to your USB HDD, you need the *.bin files decrypted to *.app files. This is, where the DLC-Packer/Unpacker comes in handy. But before you start, you need your console ID. You get this by running XYZZY. Refer to the Readme of DLC-Un/Packer, where you have to store your ID. If everything is done, you need to decrypt the bin Files. Drag every bin File one by one on 'dlcunpack.exe' it will create many *.app files in the folder '0001000563524241'. After you've unpacked all your DLC, take a break, make a coffee and relax a little bit, because you are almost done. You only need to copy your *.app files on your USB-HDD. That's a bit tricky, because you don't now exactly where you have to store it.

These are the folders, where your corresponding DLC has to be:

sZAE = [Insert Letter of USB-HDD]:\nand\title0010005\735a4145\content
sZBE = [Insert Letter of USB-HDD]:\nand\title0010005\735a4245\content
sZCE = [Insert Letter of USB-HDD]:\nand\title0010005\735a4345\content
sZDE = [Insert Letter of USB-HDD]:\nand\title0010005\735a4445\content

Test it, to make sure, everything has gone the right way.

Now to your Customs [not 100% sure, because I'm still testing it].

You MUST have the RawkSD Installer once on your Wii, to create the right titles [before you backed up you NAND]. After that the procedure is almost the same, except that you have to recrypt your bin files first, using 'recrypt-all.bat'. The foldes on your USB-HDD are the following:

cRBA = [Insert Letter of USB-HDD]:\nand\title0010005\63524241\content
cRBB = [Insert Letter of USB-HDD]:\nand\title0010005\63524242\content

If everything went right, you have now all your DLC and Customs on your USB-HDD including the RB2 Savegame. You don't need your SD-Cards anymore from now on, because you have nearly unlimited Space to store.

PS: This way, Rock Band 2 seems to be stucked at loading, but you have to wait about 3-4 Minutes. After RB2 is loaded [you are in the Main Menu now] everything runs fine.

PS2: That's the way I've done it, and it works for me [Customs need more testing, as mentioned]. I can not guarantee, that this works also for you, but you can give it a try. Be sure to Backup all that you change.

PS3: Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Germany
wink.gif

Seems like the overboard way. Going forward 2 steps then back 1. download from nus then run through decrypter, then done, you have the app files, then copy to hard drive / sdhc card

Until the new RawkSD come out, God and AerialX knows when, this is the only method possible to be able to have access to RB2 DLC songs at the same time without having to switch SD card unless you got you hands on one of those Transcend 4GB non-sdhc. I think that there is over 17GB worth of RB2 DLC available.
Like mentionned, that method can only be used with RB2 DLC. After long hours of testing I had one song coming from GHWT, imported with Rawk SD, that actually load wth the above method. When I tried to play it a crash occured.

RawkSd is a pretty well keep secret on how it actually works, what makes it possible to import ghwt songs in RB2 and make them to play.

Just to let you know, in order for me to have had that song actually show up in the RB2 list when playing was alot of toying with codes,offsets rtc...

I am not remotely close to AerialX with regards to coding neither have the time because of family obligations, but still trying to make it work. I doubt that I will succeed before rawkSD 3 or whatever you want to call it. Unless it takes another 2 years to get it out.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
grrkodiak said:
RawkSd is a pretty well keep secret on how it actually works, what makes it possible to import ghwt songs in RB2 and make them to play.

Unless I'm dead wrong it's actually simple. QB-MID, add anims, re-encode audio, pack-an'-go. Then again, I could be wrong.

nightshad0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
grrkodiak said:
Swapping card will be a thing of the past when the new Rawksd comes out.
If it 's ever come out.......i bet Rock Band 3 will be out before RawkSD 3.

Sorry....but i dont beleive in this project anymore.

Thank you so much for RawkSD 2, I have and still got pleasure with it.

RoniPunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nightshad0w said:
grrkodiak said:
Swapping card will be a thing of the past when the new Rawksd comes out.

Sorry....but i dont beleive in this project anymore.

Thank you so much for RawkSD 2, I have and still got pleasure with it.

I think you are right, We would have seen something more from RawkSD team by now. Wish they would just realease something. Release a 2.5 with everything the old one already has to offer but add the USB support. I have tons of songs but sick of switching SD cards all time time.

Rock Band 3 will be out before RAWKUSB.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nightshad0w said:
Sorry....but i dont beleive in this project anymore.Alas, ye faithless masses. There's no wonder the regulars in the IRC channel have decided to give up on you people.

I'm not going to say anything about release dates, because I'm clearly not a dev and I don't actually know, but anyone who's been lurking in the IRC channel should have a feel for how quickly the project is moving. A LOT has been done in the last couple of weeks. The devs were pretty busy earlier with other projects, school, and life (and they probably still are) but this project is far from stagnant and may come out sooner than any of us think.

QUOTE(RoniPunk @ Mar 16 2010, 06:15 PM) I think you are right, We would have seen something more from RawkSD team by now. Wish they would just realease something. Release a 2.5 with everything the old one already has to offer but add the USB support. I have tons of songs but sick of switching SD cards all time time.

Rock Band 3 will be out before RAWKUSB.
You do realize that the USB support is not only the hardest part of RawkSD v3 but the practical entirety of it? Everything except the USB has probably been done for weeks; the core of the USB DLC loading worked in concept months ago. They still have to iron out any last bugs and round out the package.

I am willing to bet large sums of money that RawkSD v3 will beat Rock Band 3 to shelves. I would wager additional money on specifically how soon it's coming out but I don't want to say something that will give you guys the wrong idea or create unnecessary artificial deadlines.

I am also willing to bet that tueidj will respond to this post at some point to correct me
yaywii.gif

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow's right. There's a reason for the IRC room besides just chatting. RawkDev knows all. But there's honestly been a ton of work done and we know it.

Anyways, I at least want to say at least it's (the release it/doesn't exist/etc.) not gotten to Reggie! levels yet. Let's keep it that way, shall we?

nightshad0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tueidj said:
King God tueidj says people should stop bitching.
We aint bitching....we just dont beleive in it anymore.

Like i said before RawKSD is the best thing happend to Rock Band and THANKS a lot for your work even with the fact that all those creators have a real life to deal with, but to keeping peoples waiting and waiting to a unremarkable RawkSD 3.....like to other poster before me said...... conversion of Lego Rock Band is working, make a RawkSD 2.5.....it's now support USB, make a RawkSd 2.6......it's support Van Hallen, make a 2.7 and so on and on and on.

It's just my two cents....maybe some people like me dont care about some stuff to be added on like the vocals and sync.

I'm reminding you....i am not bitching....it's just my two cents.....and i'm giving two thumbs up for the creators.

ExLex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nightshad0w said:
tueidj said:
King God tueidj says people should stop bitching.
We aint bitching....we just dont beleive in it anymore.

Like i said before RawKSD is the best thing happend to Rock Band and THANKS a lot for your work even with the fact that all those creators have a real life to deal with, but to keeping peoples waiting and waiting to a unremarkable RawkSD 3.....like to other poster before me said...... conversion of Lego Rock Band is working, make a RawkSD 2.5.....it's now support USB, make a RawkSd 2.6......it's support Van Hallen, make a 2.7 and so on and on and on.

It's just my two cents....maybe some people like me dont care about some stuff to be added on like the vocals and sync.

I'm reminding you....i am not bitching....it's just my two cents.....and i'm giving two thumbs up for the creators.

+1000
lecture.gif

Best post ever xD

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
People will never be happy with the amount of features we give them. Therefore they will get what we decide, no more and no less. If you've "lost faith" as you put it, then just go away quietly without polluting the thread. Otherwise you're just trolling for a response.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...