Hacking RawkSD

ringorinfret

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone here help me install cios232 using offline installation? The installation starts correctly but then it looks like it is trying to patch ios37 (v2070 from the SD folder) and just returned with an error (-1017 i think)

is it because one of the IOS on the Wii needs to be patched? (ios37 i would guess?)

I already have cios249 rev14 and HBC installed but now I want to play my rockband games using the rockband launcher ( i got the channel installed, only need the damn cios232)

thanks!

btw: it installed correctly on another wii using the same procedure and SD card with all the required files on it

Marceloo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi man, amazing job! Works with cios38rev14? If don't, you have a prevision when it's fixed? Sorry for my english.

Thanks.

tw3nz0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
iamgunsmoke said:
Sorry if this has been dealt with before but I couldn't find anything in reference to this problem in particular.

I have a 4GB SC card (I'm aware SDHCs don't work with RB2) and have finally got all the DLC I want loaded onto it
using both RawkSD and the "redownload DLC" hack. The first time I play, it loads all the DLC songs no problem - beautiful.
I'm not downloading any more songs at this point.
But then the next time I boot RB2 it tells me "The device insrted in the SD card slot cannot be used".
Literally all I've done is reset the Wii.
If I go back to my PC and "update DLC list" using RawkSD I can get the SD to work again but obviously that's
quite a hassle to do every time you play.

Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?

Thanks.
try booting the game with 2Gb sd card inserted, and once you are in the menu of the game, stick in your 4gb - thats what i sometimes have to do.

Or instead, start with no card inserted, and push the card in when it attempts to read on the add-on content screen. Works fine for me this way.

jlg6184

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone figured out how to convert GH:WT/GH5 DLC to a format RawkSD can read? I only ask because my Guitar works/Drums don't on GH:WT and my Drums work/guitar doesn't on GH5, which sucks for anyone in the family trying to play...There are only a hand full of DLC we bought, but still, it stinks to not be able to play, and buying a new drumset/guitar isn't really feasible...

We have RockBand 1 Drum set and Nyko Frontman guitar...

iamgunsmoke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tw3nz0r said:
OncleJulien said:
iamgunsmoke said:
Sorry if this has been dealt with before but I couldn't find anything in reference to this problem in particular.

I have a 4GB SC card (I'm aware SDHCs don't work with RB2) and have finally got all the DLC I want loaded onto it
using both RawkSD and the "redownload DLC" hack. The first time I play, it loads all the DLC songs no problem - beautiful.
But then the next time I boot RB2 it tells me "The device insrted in the SD card slot cannot be used".
If I go back to my PC and "update DLC list" using RawkSD I can get the SD to work again but obviously that's

Thanks.
try booting the game with 2Gb sd card inserted, and once you are in the menu of the game, stick in your 4gb - thats what i sometimes have to do.

Or instead, start with no card inserted, and push the card in when it attempts to read on the add-on content screen. Works fine for me this way.

This works brilliantly - thanks v much.

noolrak

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
hi..

i followed the guide & everything went on fine. When I tried to load the song from quickplay, I got a message that the song is 'out of date'.

Any idea how to solve this.

Thks so much in advance.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
noolrak said:
hi..

i followed the guide & everything went on fine. When I tried to load the song from quickplay, I got a message that the song is 'out of date'.

Any idea how to solve this.

Thks so much in advance.
need CIOSBUGFIX37.wad
for some reason the patcher doesnt work for me and i needed that file

fredward

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am unable to install customs on this and also import songs from the disc. What is wrong with that? Has anyone else been having issues too with this? I have a softmod with Cios37 patched and I keep getting an error message when trying to install the custom install. The app from the PC is fine and I installed it straight to the SD card but when launching the RawkSD app from wii it wont work. Any ideas?

I got it working now. I had to install the Cios37bugfix wad. Great work by the way.

theuser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is probably a known issue, but I'm not really sure how to describe it, so I don't really know where to look to find an answer. On my customs and imports, I'm getting a phenomenon where the vocalist begins to move their lips well before the lyrical section and at different points throughout the song where there isn't any singing. After paying close attention, it looks like the game is triggering the actions on the music as a whole rather than the individual vocal track. I'm not sure how differently Rock band and Guitar Hero handle vocal tracking, but I'd assume it is through an individual track just like the other instruments. Supporting this theory, in the options, you can turn down the vocal track to a level where it is barely audible (a benefit for those of us who actually don't suck at singing). Even if Guitar Hero songs did vocal isolation differently, it wouldn't be difficult to isolate the vocals from the rest of the music, but I'm not really sure where to start in terms of the game's format. I'm a veteran with audio production, but a novice with Rock Band customization. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, does anyone know if the cIOS issue affects ripping songs off discs. I can install RawkSD just fine, but it gives me an error on all my disks so I have to rip them manually. I don't really care one way or another, but I'd like to know.

tw3nz0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theuser said:
This is probably a known issue, but I'm not really sure how to describe it, so I don't really know where to look to find an answer. On my customs and imports, I'm getting a phenomenon where the vocalist begins to move their lips well before the lyrical section and at different points throughout the song where there isn't any singing. After paying close attention, it looks like the game is triggering the actions on the music as a whole rather than the individual vocal track. I'm not sure how differently Rock band and Guitar Hero handle vocal tracking, but I'd assume it is through an individual track just like the other instruments. Supporting this theory, in the options, you can turn down the vocal track to a level where it is barely audible (a benefit for those of us who actually don't suck at singing). Even if Guitar Hero songs did vocal isolation differently, it wouldn't be difficult to isolate the vocals from the rest of the music, but I'm not really sure where to start in terms of the game's format. I'm a veteran with audio production, but a novice with Rock Band customization. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The lip track hasn't been reversed engineered. Technically the one being used for all song is YYZ, but it doesn't seem to care and just does its own thing.

QUOTE(theuser @ Sep 26 2009, 03:54 AM) Also, does anyone know if the cIOS issue affects ripping songs off discs. I can install RawkSD just fine, but it gives me an error on all my disks so I have to rip them manually. I don't really care one way or another, but I'd like to know.

Install the old cIOS37 that has been suggested throughout this thread, or use a legitimate disc and original IOS37.

theuser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tw3nz0r said:
Install the old cIOS37 that has been suggested throughout this thread, or use a legitimate disc and original IOS37.

I've done that and it lets me run the customs fine, but it doesn't like my discs. The strange thing is that I can get the funny error when you try to rip songs from the Rock Band 2 disc, but that's the only one it will recognize. I don't suppose it's worth much discussion since it's not my only method of ripping tracks, so it's not a deal breaker for me, and I've not talked to anyone else who has had the same problem. It might just be that the software doesn't like my drive.

As far as the reverse engineering goes, I'd like to assist with that where I can. It's a very solid and well-produced game, but the track selection is terrible. The better 50% of the songs don't interest me in the least. And for those of us who shoveled out cash for every Guitarrock Bandhero, not to mention the mountains of dollars wasted on now incompatible controllers, we deserve at retain some of the original content that we legitimately purchased.

brett824

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any solution for importing songs from GH2? There's a bunch of songs that crash Rawksd when trying to import. The songs that have crashed it for me are Bad Reputation, Beast and the Harlot and Carry On My Wayword son. Past "D" alphabetically every song seems to work too.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
brett824 said:
Is there any solution for importing songs from GH2? There's a bunch of songs that crash Rawksd when trying to import. The songs that have crashed it for me are Bad Reputation, Beast and the Harlot and Carry On My Wayword son. Past "D" alphabetically every song seems to work too.
GH2 has worked for me in the past, although for some reason RawkSD 2.0.2 has caused crashing on me for several different discs.

brett824

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
GH2 has worked for me in the past, although for some reason RawkSD 2.0.2 has caused crashing on me for several different discs.
Is there a link to an older version to download that might work?

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tw3nz0r said:
OncleJulien said:
iamgunsmoke said:

Thanks.
I believe you guys have to do this delayed inserting of the 4GB SD card because you are on System Menu 4.0/4.1. It is a known issue of the 4.0/4.1 system menu and the 4GB non-SDHC card. This is why I am still sticking with system menu 3.2 for now. Others always talk about there being no reason not to upgrade to 4.1 but I say this is a big one for me, especially since there is no problem playing any games out there on 3.2.

theuser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dent said:
I believe you guys have to do this delayed inserting of the 4GB SD card because you are on System Menu 4.0/4.1. It is a known issue of the 4.0/4.1 system menu and the 4GB non-SDHC card. This is why I am still sticking with system menu 3.2 for now. Others always talk about there being no reason not to upgrade to 4.1 but I say this is a big one for me, especially since there is no problem playing any games out there on 3.2.

I'm going to have to call you out on this one. I'm at menu 4.1 with one of those twitchy Transcend 4g cards and I've got it working like a dream. All I had to do was use the Panasonic SD formatting tool, specifically the version that team Twiizers endorses. You can find it for download on the Wiibrew site in the HBC installation tutorial. Occasionally, you'll have to go back and reformat, usually if Windows is still trying to write something when you eject, because it leaves something behind and makes the Wii hate your card. But since the 4.0 update when I had to do my initial format, I've only had to reformat once, and it's a relatively painless operation to do so. I assume that, because it's a bigger card and not SDHC, delayed write operations in Windows take longer than with a 2g card. So, this 4g card system menu myth has been officially debunked. Everybody can go ahead and update now.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
theuser said:
I'm going to have to call you out on this one. I'm at menu 4.1 with one of those twitchy Transcend 4g cards and I've got it working like a dream. All I had to do was use the Panasonic SD formatting tool, specifically the version that team Twiizers endorses. You can find it for download on the Wiibrew site in the HBC installation tutorial. Occasionally, you'll have to go back and reformat, usually if Windows is still trying to write something when you eject, because it leaves something behind and makes the Wii hate your card. But since the 4.0 update when I had to do my initial format, I've only had to reformat once, and it's a relatively painless operation to do so. I assume that, because it's a bigger card and not SDHC, delayed write operations in Windows take longer than with a 2g card. So, this 4g card system menu myth has been officially debunked. Everybody can go ahead and update now.
Quoted for truth; I've tried the Panasonic formatter and the card works perfectly on both 4.0 and 4.1, so long as the card was inserted in the Wii before powering on.

Bluee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does this mean that a properly formatted 4GB non-SDHC card inserted before Wii power-on does work with RB2?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny